Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
chas1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What bow sight would you recommend. I'm looking to get a new brighter sight for my switchback. Bright, durable and reliable are the criteria. Also what size sight pins are you using. Thanks.

Last edited by chas1; 01/13/10.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It has to be a Black Gold.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HHA 5500 slider! Super bright without a light and very,very tough. Best sight that I have ever used.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Multi pin or adjustable single pin slider?

I've switched to all sliders using a rangefinder to set it exactly.

With that said, the montana Black gold is on mine!

There is no dust on the HHA sights they are rock solid as well. I chose the Black Gold due mostly to the slim skeletonized design.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Black Gold makes a great sights.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Here's a link from early last year.....hope that helps!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._What_sight_are_you_shooting#Post3023098

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chas1
What bow sight would you recommend. I'm looking to get a new brighter sight for my switchback. Bright, durable and reliable are the criteria. Thanks.

My hunting buddy has an HHA slider on his Switchback and he shot five deer with it this year.

No better testimonial than that I'd say............... smirk

I have been using a Sight Master Elite 2000, single pin adjustable, with a Viper scope for years and found them to be excellent for both 3D and hunting.

You can take a look at them here:

http://www.sight-master.com/p1.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sight master is a Kick A$$ sight ! Thanks for the link

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I belong to a club of 100 members. I shoot 3D's with about 25 of them. Almost all of them have switched to Bowtech bows and Spott Hog Hogg It sights with Hogg Wraps. Those who haven't are planning to (peer pressure). I brought in the first ones, and the next Spring there were two. By hunting season there were two more. Now, it's a ritual. I go for a ride with them to Bob's Gun and Archery in Webster, MA and get them set up. What I like about the sight is that each pin is individually adjustable up, down, in and out. Then the whole sight is micro adjustable up and down. You can mount it as far in or out as you like, and remove it for transport. It has a round pin guard (I like the large vs the small) which I center in my peep. The Hogg Wrap is a fiber optic wrap. It makes the pins a lot brighter. I have two of them, and use small pins for target and 3D shooting and big pins for hunting season. If you get one special order, you can order it with any colors or sizes you like. My friend has one with a bigger 20 yard pin. Another friend is colorblind and has all the bright green pins. It's a really well built sight.

Link to product:
http://www.spot-hogg.com/products/bow_sights/hogg_it/index.php

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
chas1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm looking for a multipin. Never liked sliders much. Also what size pins is everyone fond of using.

Last edited by chas1; 01/13/10.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rob I had a spot hog before I saw the Montana Black gold. I was with you on how bright the Spot hog was until I saw the Montana.

The montana sight is so bright that I often think the electric powered switch is on when it is not. I don't even need the switch unless well after dark. and then only for certain species (pigs)

As far as fully independent adjustable pins....... yep that's great. But I only use a single pin so that is the same. The Spot hog is on my 8YO sons bow now, still getting used every week!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have two Montana Black Gold Flashpoints on my two Matthews bows. I think it is the best bow sight, for the money, on the market.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
G
G
For what it is worth...just finished the deer season in ND. Yep it was a little cold but can't wait until next year! 100% spot and stock! Went through 2 Black Gold 7 pins this year as the optic on the 3 pins broke due do to what I would call general abuse! Moving on the the Spott Hogg which was used by my hunting partner under the same conditions and has held up for years!

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Check out the opposition sight from Schaffer archery. Super bright and no way of breaking pins. Has a super slick way of attaching to the bow. I also like the pins and especially since the ends are not flaired. Used it hard for 2 years with no issues. Spott hogg makes a nice sight also but a fair bit heavier than the opposition.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HHA Optimizer Lite Triple Threat 500 w/ 0.019" fiber optics.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
chas1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the ideas. Has anyone tried the .010 size pins? If so at what range do you recommend them set at?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sword Twilight Hunter.

Hands down the best sight I have ever used.

You have the option of .010, .019 and .029 pins. Or you can mix and match them by size and color. Sword will build it the way you want it. Fully micro adjustable. Very bright. Comes with light but I have never needed it.

http://swordsight.com/products.html

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Lot's of good sight's out there, I like the Spothog line-up Myself...................547.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Currently have a fuse sight on my hoyt. Been doing some research and looking for a new one...SpotHogg a slam dunk best sight on market, followed by the Black Gold

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I have a Spot Hogg and a Black Gold. I like the Spot Hogg much better myself. I had to tape up the fibers on the Black Gold because they were way too bight for me and there isn't a 3rd axis adjustment which I needed on my old bow. Bright pins are good but not when it feels like their burning a hole in your eye. I have .029 fibers on it though so I'm sure that didn't help. The Black Gold was a lot less then the Spot Hogg also.

I'd look at the Shot Hogg Hunter with .019 pins if I were you. Built like a tank and easy to work with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,107 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.