Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Now your gonna wonder why you didn't buy one sooner!

My Vex FL8 has worked well for 4 years now ,bought after my old Ranger flasher died. I tried a graph in between and it wasn't nearly as fast or accurate as a flasher.
Have fun !

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ran a Vex for years, still have it as a back up. I'm running a Marcum unit now and really like it too. They all do the job and I too wouldn't leave home without a flasher.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The marcum unit is really gaining popularity around here where I fish.

I've just never had any interest personally.

My buddies always drag them things along & it seems important to them. If nothing else it seems to entertain them, like watching tv all day or something.

All day long I hear "oh, there's fish down there...."

I think "oh goody" then I wait for them to say "nope, he's gone now"

grin

I've never had one of my buddies predict for me when there is a fish at my line. I'll sit right next to them with there buzz machine with that junk hanging down in there hole & catch all kinds of fish that weren't supposed to be there grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Been seeing a lot of Marcum's around. Fleet Farm has pretty good prices on them from time to time.

Maybe I'll have to give them a better look.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

All day long I hear "oh, there's fish down there...."

I think "oh goody" then I wait for them to say "nope, he's gone now"

grin

Have we been fishing together? grin

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Got the Humminbird yesterday and assembled last night. As mentioned in all the reviews I read the support cable thing is kinda weird but overall it's a pretty nice unit. I can't wait to drop it into an ice hole! Well, not the whole thing obviously.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. You'll like it. A few guys here at the office have them. Which one did you get?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think I could get by without a flasher the way we fish. I guess I get bored easily and I can't spend hours in one spot waiting for fish. I usually keep moving and don't even stop to fish unless I mark fish....my buddy's call it icefishing A.D.D. grin

Even when I'm on a general area with fish I have a bunch of holes drilled and just hop around.

My favorite type of icefishing is for crappies after dark. Our public lakes get hit pretty hard during the winter but once it gets dark we have the lakes to ourselves 99% of the time. I love it.

Now I'm thinking of spending friday on the ice instead of calling coyotes. Touch choices.....LOL.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well, play the weather, both sound like good ways to spend a friday to me!

Something clever here.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by tzone
Cool. You'll like it. A few guys here at the office have them. Which one did you get?

I got the Ice-55.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should post up how you like it once you get to use it.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hey brad, full moon comin. maybe keep that in mind for your yote stuff this weekend. could be some good night calling.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope so. My brother and I are headed out calling tonight, then rabbit hunting tomorrow, then coyotes again tomorrow night, then fishing on friday.....I need a nap already. crazy

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by BradArnett
You should post up how you like it once you get to use it.

I plan to.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I hope so. My brother and I are headed out calling tonight, then rabbit hunting tomorrow, then coyotes again tomorrow night, then fishing on friday.....I need a nap already. crazy

holy smoke! good luck!!

hmm, I aint cooked up a bunch of rabbit in years! no you got me thinkin... ;grin:

Something clever here.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

Just curious, what do you guys use for calling coyotes? I'm thinking of giving it a shot this winter.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Finally got the Humminbird Ice-55 flasher out on the ice this weekend. As a relative novice with these things, I found it really easy to use. The adjustable zoom feature is fantastic. The 6 color display isn't necessary but it does enhance the display in terms of being able to differentiate between large and small objects. The water I fished was very shallow, so I haven't tried it yet with the 9 degree cone. It was nice to have the 19 degree cone for the shallow water though. I'm really enjoying fishing with the ability to see fish and my bait. If nothing else it can tell me when the fish are down there but not interested in what I'm using.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I used 45's and 55's most of the day on Saturday, and couldn't tell the difference. I liked em both.

The 9* cone was nice when we had 2 guys fishing close in the same hole, you could actually tell which bait they were at.

It is nice to be able to see the size of the fish with all that color on there.

I was using a Nuclear Spider, which is tiny, 1/64th OZ, and it easily picked it up.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Also, the weird support cable thing is a bit odd but I didn't find that it got in the way at all.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
just curious has anybody fished with vexilars and humminbirds together in the same portable wondering if there is any interfernce with them...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 264magnum, 51 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,066
Posts18,521,499
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.