Hop To
Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by byc

We'll have to compare notes on Government mandated morality. Not sure I understand that one. He's not going to make you go to Church!

Not too sure about that.

Here's what Huck has to say and one of the reasons he annoys many on the right.

. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

Gotcha'. I do believe in God but not a big fan of playing the God card. Especially, as it relates to politics. Got enough of that with W. Point duly noted. Have to find the right balance for sure.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
First barkoff said:
She did good tonight.

And byc said:
She did do well tonight---O'Reilly pushed pretty hard on the subject of Iran and she held her ground. Man oh man---if or when Israel and Iran go at it--- this world/that world is going to be a freakin' mess.

Then rrroae said:
I sure as hell can't figure out what she's talking about when she speaks. She rambles on, she's incoherent and she can't make a point. If she's the future of the GOP, the future ain't looking so bright.
True but after watching her bumble the softballs O'Reilly threw at her, I don't think it will take long to find out.

And OlyWa said:
...easy on the eyes but hard on the ears. Conservatives better be looking for someone with a few more live brain cells. Her babbling answers to O'Reilly were unfocussed, disjointed, and durned painful to listen to, at least for the portion I watched. I wish her well, but we can do better, and we better do better soon.

And I say: Barkoff and byc listens more better than rrroae and OlyWa.

I just got done watching again and carefully listening to the rerun and it is very clear that she did just fine. She is not hard on the ears and there is no problem figuring out what she is talking about. I heard no rambles, no babbling, and no softball O�Reilly questions.

It is fine to have a different slant, a different take on how an event went down and I know we all have our own azzholes and our own opinions and hear what we want to hear, but Good Lord love a Duck! Base your beliefs on the truth. Some body does need a few more live brain cells and it ain�t Palin.

When I have stated my pro-Palin stuff on Campfire before, rrroae said:
�Nice shot there buddy, especially coming from a person who acts like they're the final word when it comes to Palin.
Nothing like an arrogant prick calling others arrogant pricks.�

And I say: You are half right. Tis true that I was once well known as an arrogant prick. But old age has mellowed me and now everyone just calls me a S-O-B. Sarcastic-Old-Bastard.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I base my opinion on:

-her negatives are too high;

Positives are as high and higher.

-she's very polarizing and would NOT garner the crucial "middle" votes (like me);

You thinking you are "middle" is hilarious, yet sadly self-explanatory.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There's some pretty hnegative remarks about Palin that came out in a new book "Game Change".

- that Sarah Palin believed Saddam Hussein to be behind the attacks on 9/11, didn't understand why North and South Korea were separate (the Korean War) and that she could not properly pronounce Joe Biden's name. The book contends that Palin was a mentally unstable person prone to wild mood swings, describing her being hopelessly lost in a "catatonic stupor" at one point during the campaign.

Allegedly.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender

I base my opinion on:

Positives are as high and higher.

-she's very polarizing and would NOT garner the crucial "middle" votes (like me);

You thinking you are "middle" is hilarious, yet sadly self-explanatory.

Define "middle" as it pertains to this topic then, smart man. Seriously. You are throwing stones here so back it up with a definition.

I am the very personification of middle. I have beliefs that put me to the left, and those that put me to the right. I have deep suspicion of the left.I have deep suspicion of the American right. I exist in (pay attention now Mikey!) the... drum roll please... middle!

And guess what. We in the middle, who don't grant blind allegiance to either side, call elections. Every time.

And we don't like Palin. For good reasons, many of which have been clearly stated by conservatives right here on this thread.

You think I'm saying this to be an azzhole but I'm not. Many here have got their beer goggles on with this woman. She's the worst possible thing the Republicans could do- the WORST. I don't want that! I want a viable Republican party to counterbalance the excesses of the Dem's, and to replace them in due time when the pendulum swings back that way. A republican party ready to govern from a position of intellectual rigor- not tying itself in logical knots over the stupid rabble-rousing social stuff!!

Palin would bring chaos and division to the right in a national election. Mark my words. She has many positives and can be influential and important. But not as a POTUS candidate.

IMHO. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

When I have stated my pro-Palin stuff on Campfire before, rrroae said:
�Nice shot there buddy, especially coming from a person who acts like they're the final word when it comes to Palin.
Nothing like an arrogant prick calling others arrogant pricks.�

That's not really accurate. What I said to you was in reply to what seemed like a shot you took at the whole campfire.

Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Some of you call O�Reilly an arrogant a$$hole and SOB. You are absolutely right and he should fit in rather well around this Campfire.

Nice shot there buddy, especially coming from a person who acts like they're the final word when it comes to Palin.

Nothing like an arrogant prick calling others arrogant pricks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Incidentally Nemesis, when did you start quoting Huffington Post??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/the-blackhearted-ethos-of_n_420419.html

"When a book blog goes against both sides(political), I tend to pay more attention."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
She has many positives and can be influential and important. But not as a POTUS candidate.

In this point alone, I have to agree.. She's not a viable candidate - YET!!

She has two years. In that time we'll find out if she can be a viable candidate.. Carter came out of nowhere to win the crown.. She could do the same here..

I would not vote for Huckabee.. And it won't matter because he has NO shot - not after the murderer he helped get out of jail early killed again.. NO shot whatsoever...

IMHO.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I am the very personification of middle. I have beliefs that put me to the left, and those that put me to the right. I have deep suspicion of the left.I have deep suspicion of the American right. I exist in (pay attention now Mikey!) the... drum roll please... middle!

You voted for Obama, you lying bastard..............and he was rated the MOST LIBERAL person in the US Congress!!!

And guess what. We in the middle, who don't grant blind allegiance to either side, call elections. Every time.

No, you and the other fence sitters like you who have no moral compass, sit back and wait to see which way the wind is blowing before you make a move one way or the other.

And once the real fighting is done, gutless wonders like you who are "in the middle" usually go out on the battlefield and shoot the wounded!!

And we don't like Palin. For good reasons

Yep.........among them are:

She doesn't believe in killing innocent unborn children.

She's is a strong conservative.

She is a God fearing, independent, woman with traditional American beliefs and is not afraid to state them publicly.

She usually speaks extemporaneously from her heart and does not rely on a well rehearsed teleprompter script to get her point across.

In other words.............she is everything you are not and that's why you "don't like Palin."

I want a viable Republican party to counterbalance the excesses of the Dem's, and to replace them in due time when the pendulum swings back that way. A republican party ready to govern from a position of intellectual rigor- not tying itself in logical knots over the stupid rabble-rousing social stuff!!

Like I said..............a [bleep] fence sitter!!

She has many positives and can be influential and important. But not as a POTUS candidate.

Since your idea of a "POTUS candidate" is Barack Hussein Obama II,........................... I hope you don't mind if I politely inform you that you can take your "opinion" and shove it up your azz!!

Last edited by nemesis; 01/13/10.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One thing for sure, she scares the piss out of the libs.

This fox job will only make her better.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by btb375

Which is one of the reasons that we like her! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I want a viable Republican party to counterbalance the excesses of the Dem's, and to replace them in due time when the pendulum swings back that way."

WTF?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by btb375

That she scares them only paints a portion of the picture.

She makes them feel inferior, men and women alike. It's especially appearant in those suffering from gender-confusion...
Actually, it's not so much that she makes them feel inferior because she certainly doesn't try, it's just that that's what is naturally inside them and it emerges involuntarily. They lash out at her out of it. A perfectly natural defense mechanism at play. Amusing to watch.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
-she's very polarizing
With all the right people who are always wrong.

She gets much support from the middle but maybe not so much from those who would like to believe they occupy the middle but are in fact in the muddle.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

That she scares them only paints a portion of the picture.

She makes them feel inferior, men and women alike. It's especially apparent in those suffering from gender-confusion...

You mean like this girly man, Jeff-O freak?

Actually, it's not so much that she makes them feel inferior because she certainly doesn't try, it's just that that's what is naturally inside them and it emerges involuntarily. They lash out at her out of it. A perfectly natural defense mechanism at play. Amusing to watch.

Yep..........it's amusing to watch.

I like it when he comes on here and flops around like a hooked fish trying to defend his completely untenable position.

Pretty soon I expect that we'll get the "I didn't know the gun was loaded defense" where he'll claim he inadvertently pushed the wrong button when he voted for Obama...........

He's such a dishonest low life............

Much like the rest of the libs he has aligned himself with.

Can you believe that he expects to have any credibility here when he shares the same political philosophy with people like:

Micheal Moore, Rosy O'Donnell, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy et al ?

God, I started feeling queasy just typing those names!!

Last edited by nemesis; 01/13/10.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
She gets much support from the middle but maybe not so much from those who would like to believe they occupy the middle but are in fact in the muddle.

Jeff O just might be in the middle...in Oregon.

I say that with all due respect to the conservative citizens of that state.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I continue to hear a lot of "she's not a viable POTUS candidate" blah, blah, blah. But not much of who is??? and where are they? As for the "middle" can you say JOHN MCCAIN! look where that got us! Personally I'm tired of Ivy league educated well mannered, non offensive candidates, that seem to have a smooth answer to everything.

I am free only because thousands of brave Americans have given their lives' for me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stuckalot
I continue to hear a lot of "she's not a viable POTUS candidate" blah, blah, blah. But not much of who is??? and where are they? As for the "middle" can you say JOHN MCCAIN! look where that got us! Personally I'm tired of Ivy league educated well mannered, non offensive candidates, that seem to have a smooth answer to everything.

Hear........hear!!

Nice post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stuckalot

Agreed.
It may just be time for a conservative that 'tells it like it is' and doesn't kiss everyone's azz, McCain style.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mac84
"I want a viable Republican party to counterbalance the excesses of the Dem's, and to replace them in due time when the pendulum swings back that way."

WTF?

Simple. The Republican Party is the Fascist's lite party and when the Republican Party is in power there isn't much difference between the parties. Take Obamacare for example, when that becomes law and the Republicans are in power they will pass amendments to strengthen Obamacare rather than abolish Obamacare.

What I want to, is a viable opposition party, one that rolls back Fascism rather than just strengthen it. In other words, a Republican Party that follows the Constitution. The will be rather tough though as the top Republican of all time, Lincoln, waged an unconstitutional war thereby, throwing the constitution in the trash heap of history.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.