Print Thread
Hop To
Page 311 of 1,842 1 2 309 310 311 312 313 1841 1842
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muffy he is a dandy! There is nothing like a retriever if you want a friend for life...be they goldens or labs. I'm into my 50's now and there has been one by my side since birth...or so they tell me...lol

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave where abouts are you putting up your retreat

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
my fish house? it's already out on lake of the woods.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy

We didn't think he would get this big because his dad wasn't that big. He is over 80 pounds already.

eek

He's still got some growing to do too. He's a great looking dog.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Muffy, Our family had a Golden (Female) back in the 50's. What a dog she was.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We had to put our other golden down last March. We got him when he was 1 1/2 years old. He was the best dog ever. He followed Jeremy everywhere. It didn't matter what he was doing, Lucky was right there with him. He even rode on the snowmobile with him. We had to put him down because both back hips were bad. It was the hardest thing we had to do, but it had to be done. He got around good, but then one day he started showing signs that he was in pain.

Here is a picture of lucky. smile

[Linked Image]

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Man those Golden's are beautiful dogs.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think I could write a book about our Golden (Taffey). Not only was she a decent hunter, but a great house dog as well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gee Dave, you should post some pictures of our beautiful Shelby dog! grin

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lucky was quite the dog. There were 2 different times he brought home his own treats. Once I saw him carrying something not sure what it was. Here it was a full unopened
5 lb. bag of Old Roy dog bones. And the other was a bag of beef basted dog bones. Not sure where he got them. eek

He also loved beer. The first day we got him, Jeremy put him in the back of the pickup to go to town to get beer. He put the 30 pack in the back with Lucky (bad idea). By the time he drove 6 miles home, Lucky had the box open along with 6 of the beers. You couldn't set your beer down or he would take it. He would grab it by the top and tip it right back. crazy

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy

He also loved beer. The first day we got him, Jeremy put him in the back of the pickup to go to town to get beer. He put the 30 pack in the back with Lucky (bad idea). By the time he drove 6 miles home, Lucky had the box open along with 6 of the beers. You couldn't set your beer down or he would take it. He would grab it by the top and tip it right back. crazy

Sounds like Lucky and I would get along just fine then. grin We have a lot of the same qualities. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just talked to my dad a little bit ago and he is comming to go fishing with me. Hopefully we can catch something. Well more than a buzz anyway.

Yeah Tom, you and Lucky would have gotten along just fine. I hope Dozer has some of his qualities, more than just the beer.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you guys have to get up here & fish in your dad's house & or ours. We'll catch fish.

Hey I'm going out to plow the cabin road tonight so we can get in there with trucks. (well, with lesser trucks than old yeller, which is pretty much .... ALL trucks grin )

So, chickenbuck will be open for snomobilers. The fish houses are all set up & there are trails we can take from the cabin right to the fish houses if we want.

we could do either a fishing weekend or snowmobile or maybe a little combo of both.

Pam, I'm not sure we have pictures of old shelby dog, well we do but we'd have to scan them grin she was a great dog too. chesapeake/lab/buffalo/hyena mix we think.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Hey I'm going out to plow the cabin road tonight so we can get in there with trucks. (well, with lesser trucks than old yeller, which is pretty much .... ALL trucks grin )

grin that's funny!

Originally Posted by dave
Pam, I'm not sure we have pictures of old shelby dog, well we do but we'd have to scan them she was a great dog too. chesapeake/lab/buffalo/hyena mix we think.

We had a black like that. She was Lab and chesapeake, Abby. She was my best fishin' buddy. If we came home and she was in the house, she'd come tearin' out and do two laps around the house, then jump on my dads back every time. Everybody but him thought it was hillarious. grin

She died in '87 when our house burnt down. frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry about your dog Tom. The loss of any pet is hard.

Dad and I had no luck fishing. They were down there but they wouldn't bite. We never even had any bottle bass.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, plowing with old yeller went just as expected, FANTASTIC! grin

There wasn't a single truck track or snowmobile track so the snow was undisturbed, it was loose & plowed very easily.

I am pretty sure that every deer in northern MN is at chickenbuck now. I don't know where they all came from but they are thick in there. I stopped part ways in on the ditch road & snapped a photo of the trail ahead of me before I erased the tracks with the plow blade.
[Linked Image]
I think we would have done really well in the late season....

oh well.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When the bottle bass aren't bitting it's time to hang it up. smile

F
F
We have a sitern at our place on Little Gasparilla Island, FL. No wells or water, but we have electric. We use a pool pump to pump the water. We built a gutter systems around the hous to catch rain water and it runs into the tank. A floating pool chlorinator with one tablet keeps it fresh for washing. We don't drink it!! When I was a kid my Dad's buddy had a place in the Everglades with a sistern and a roof tank. He used a gas sump pump to transfer water from the sistern to the roof tank, due to no electric. It provided water pressure from a height of about 10'

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow is all I can say about those tracks! How many did you get? grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cracker Please!!! grin

Sorry I just like saying that. grin My cousin has a big ol sistern in his basement. I mean huge! I don't want to even guess how many gallons that thing holds. It's an old house, and nothing runs into anymore, but it's neat, and too big to get out.

Welcome to the "fire". You'll like it. We can be tough on people sometimes, but it's mostly good fun.

Tom

Page 311 of 1,842 1 2 309 310 311 312 313 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.