Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What life experiences and beliefs do you think poured the foundation for their quotes?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
"Selective" quoting, aka cherry picking quotes from history will get you know where with me. grin

Respecting the entire Constitution will, including the part where it says "Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion". wink

Why did you NOT quote from Jefferson's letter regarding the "wall of separation" between Church and state? Why did you not provide a single unflattering quote about religion from the founding fathers? I know why. wink

Jefferson's Wall of Separation Letter

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

Once again, I prefer quotes taken directly from the Constitution, it is what of founding fathers signed off on to govern the country.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I prefer spontaneous quotes, while under significant pressure, from political greats such as Marion Barry.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep that sun shining will ya'............................... cause I have been freezing my butt off here in the Northeast since winter began.

That's funny, it's supposed to rain all next week. Maybe that is why you are so damned nasty, you have dark clouds following you around.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Keep that sun shining will ya'............................... cause I have been freezing my butt off here in the Northeast since winter began.

That's funny, it's supposed to rain all next week. Maybe that is why you are so damned nasty, you have dark clouds following you around.

Mr. Barkoff,

I'm leaving Boston on Sunday, January 24th for Long Beach.

Will you please see what you can do about changing that forecast?

There's nothing like California sunshine to change a person's disposition............
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 340boy
Tim,
In your view, are the religious codes of Islam,Buddhism,Hinu, etc. that different from the Christian's 10 commandments?
(Honest question, as I have no idea, myself)

Islam certainly is by the religious war we are fighting.

Mohammad as I understand it thought that Judaism and Christianity had wrong or so Allah told him. That would lead me to think the moral code of Islam is quite a bit different.

I know that those parts of the Quran that I've read are a whole lot different. Last but not least Islam is a religion of exclusivity which would leads me to believe they can have no other religions or Gods.

As to Buddhism, yup they really are that different. A Buddhist monk for instance would never kill a mosquito. I'm serious that's against their religion. Also Buddhism is silent on a God. God is left up to the practitioner.

As to Hindu, Witches, Wiccans, etc. they really are different. They may have a few things that are similar but for the most part their moral codes are not close.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis

Mr. Barkoff,

There's nothing like California sunshine to change a person's disposition............
[Linked Image]

After some thought and consideration, all the CA bashing you do around here, you deserve to get a good rain on a trip to CA. Out here we call that karma, dude.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting, Tim.

I guess I'd best study up on some stuff.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemesis

Mr. Barkoff,

[Linked Image]

After some thought and consideration, all the CA bashing you do around here, you deserve to get a good rain on a trip to CA. Out here we call that karma, dude.

That's mean........... smirk

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting, Tim.

I guess I'd best study up on some stuff.

Take the Witch's Rede for example, it basically says that one should do no harm to anyone including one's self other than that do as you will. Just about any goes including sex with others especially if it's religious sex, the ultimate sacrament.

Another aspect is do good to other and it comes back three times, do bad to others and it comes back three time.

There's nothing in the Witch's Rede that says anything about one god or many gods or goddesses either for that matter.

There are many different Witch's Redes but they generally follow the same path.

This is FYI and a FWIW.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

-Free markets. Love 'em, not that they really exist anyway but that another topic;

-Person freedom, accountability, and responsibility.

-Small government. PLEASE! Cut the [bleep] thing down to size. Including the military. Stop the global meddling.

Those would all be jim-dandy, if you hand't have negated them with the next list. And pretty much everything the left agenda is about (people you much mor commonly align with than the right) strives to override and remove and destroy everything on your list. You don't look like a centerist to me.

-pro-Choice;

Everyone has a right to live except human infants. You're negating one from your list.

-pro-environment; it's all we have and with this many phookin' people, there's just no alternative but regulation in this regard;

Oops. There goes the small government idea. Negated.

And there goes the free market idea, too. Negated.

-support equal rights and privelages for all law-abiding adult humans.

Including the right to kill their babies? And use unconstitutionally confiscated tax moneys pay for it? What happened to the accountability and responsibility? Doesn't apply when they get pregnant, I reckon. More negating. And I'm sure you're thinking of homos when writing that. They don't want anything equal, they want greater-than-equal status for themselves.

What consenting adults do is not the State's business, nor is denying anyone rights or privilidges based on that.

Agreed on drug use. Also I'll agree with that about homos if they'd keep in in their home. But they won't. It doesn't belong on every tv show, in the church pulpits, behind the front desk of classrooms, inside the scoutleader's shirt nor any other place children happen to be. And I damn sure don't want it marching up and down the streets dressed as a rainbow and pronouncing its "pride".

And it doesn't belong on a marriage license, either. Marriage is for a man and a woman who want to become husband and wife. Homos do not qualify. By definition.

-against un-Cnstitutionally forcing religion into public institutions such as schools and courtrooms.

Those public institutions BEGAN with the 10 commandments on their walls. If people don't like it they don't have to stop and read it. They're free to disbelieve if they choose but should leave other people alone about it. But they won't. Just like the homos they want greater-than-equal status. They hate their Creator so much they'd have every mentnion of Him removed forever and make sure no one ever spoke His name again. Smartest thing they could do is the same as the homos, sit down and shut up. They're awakening a sleeping giant, these 2 groups, and They're going to get stomped on really, really hard if they don't sit down and shut up about it. That's been my advice to homos and anti-Christians for a long, long time. They're gonna learn the hard way. Very soon, too.

-pro-union. A necessary evil.

Just another damned bureacracy. And like the many too many government bureaucracies, another that forces people to do things that if left freedom of choice they wouldn't do. You're espousing big government like behavior in the hands of a small private group. I see no diffference.
Unions ARE evil, but certainly not a necessity. In fact, it appears to me they've lined themselves up for some inevitable stomping just like the homos and God haters have.

Howdy Archerhunter!

Howdy smile
Sorry for the delay. Been down at the river for a couple days.

First, abortion. I have kids. I know what it means to reproduce. I am all for protecting human infants. A first-trimester fetus is not an infant. This is easy to prove logically. Further, adults make decisions all the time that kill children when it's deemed to be politically necessary.

But at the root of it, an adult female's rights to self-determination trump whatever rights a first trimester fetus might have.

As a fetus grows, the "bundle of rights" (as we put it in the real estate world) slides over to the now-infant, to the point at which by the time it's at term, the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the adult! For example, an adult has the right to get drunk. However a very pregnant woman should not, in my opinion, because at that point they have made the decision to be a vessal for a child, and the child is a viable entity.

Heard you say that before. Still don't agree.

Environmentalism. I agree, this is a contradiction to any kind of libertarian leanings a person might have. Unfortunatly it's a necessary contradiction (as often happens in the real, as opposed to theoretical "internet" world).

But, there's too many people doing too much damage to something we all share. The only solution is some sort of onerous regulation. Examples abound. Nuff said.

I don't think environmentalism NEGATES a free market or the idea of small government, but it certainly infringes on them. No argument. But then, it would be trivial to find examples in modern American "conservative" thinking that also infringe on free markets and small government, too.

Not totally disagreable...
Goverrnment is just too destructive with it. Look at all the cases where more damage is done than good. Many times people are hurt and even destroyed financially and nothing all that worthwhile is saved in the environment. It's more about control than the environment. And it's much more about the liberal left taking over the country and dictating their silly ideas. Always progressional with them, and they'll never stop.

Religion in public places. Your statement is so out there that I made it bold for emphasis.

The 10 Commandments categorically do NOT belong on courthouse walls as that is an explicit endorsement of a religion by government. Period. The fact that they used to be there is irrelevant to their Constitutionality. Lots of things used to be done that weren't right.

As to how people like me should be scared of the religious right, well, I am!! I keep an assault rifle in the closet partly because if society breaks down, it's my belief that the wacko right will attempt to subvert everything we hold dear as Americans and assert a religious tyranny. What you just said basically affirms that.

Religious fanaticals are everywhere. Christians, at this point in time, are probably the least harmful. And the ones who actually work to model their lives after their Lord and Savior aren't harmful at all. You'd have to read and understand how He said things are to be done to understand that. Other than that, yeah, I agree. Religious fanaticals of many sorts would try to rule other's lives.

Homos. For them to live in the open is not flaunting. It's free people living freely. For you to deny that shows one of the contradictions in YOUR political philosophy that I simply won't accept.

I"ve never seen a heterosexual pride parade... And I've never seen anyone get a job simply because they were hetero.

And NO, I am not, have never been, and never will be a homo.

I know.

In the end, Archer, what you are saying amounts to "you should respect my God". Virtually all your comments are based around an omnipresent, imaginary diety that you want the laws of our society to reflect. That, sir, is insane.

Many of the laws of this nation dating back to the beginning were in fact based on Bible truths. Would you also discard the jury of peers? It's based on the 12 judges of the old testament and works pretty much the same.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The first trimester is simply an arbitrary line. Like, letting kids drive at 16, vote at 18, drink at 21, collect SS at 65, etc.

In other words nothing really happens at 3 months one day. But you have to draw a line somewhere.

Why?
If it's true, a line must be drawn, why not at conception?
The ova and sperm have united. They've become one. They are no longer merely the makings of a human, it is a human zygote and cell division (growth) begins immediately. It's not a dog or a pig, it's a boy or a girl. A human boy or girl.
[quote]

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So a frog egg is the same as a frog?

A seed is the same as a tree?

A spore is the same as a mushroom?

None of these have a spirit. THAT's the difference.
Humans are spirit beings. These others are just physical life forms.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

I'm constantly amazed at how downright MEAN people get with those they disagree with politically. One famous douche from Texas tore into Alpinecreek recently because Casey held an opinion contrary to his about wolves... you gotta be kidding.

Casey gets the nod on the wolf thing. He's nothing at all like the D twins, Brent and Pole. 2 completely different kinds of arguments. D twins are all about the system and how great it is, wolves play second fiddle to the power of the state. And Casey doesn't look down his nose at the rest of humanity.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Looking back on my earlier posts on this thread, I think I gave the impression that I was being disrespectful to JO.

While I obviously don't agree with his political views, I would still share a campfire with him any day as I don't think he is a bad guy.

Last time I checked, it was still legal to vote for whomever presidential canidate you desire.
grin

FWIW.

DITTOS +1

Yep +2

+3.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

As a very wise man once told me, if you think that in the case of rape someone needs to be killed, by all means kill the rapist, not the innocent child.

I'm not a woman but if I were and some piece of schitt getto trash raped me, I'd shoot anyone who tried to make me carry that seed.

If it were just the rapist's kid that'd be understandable. But it's her's, as well. HER child...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Since when does civilized society punish the child for the sins of their father?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or punish with penalty of death for the "crime" of being conceived?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I prefer spontaneous quotes, while under significant pressure, from political greats such as Marion Barry.

Will he be your IPO spokesperson for LPE? I can actually see the two of you together in NY ringing the bell.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Looking back on my earlier posts on this thread, I think I gave the impression that I was being disrespectful to JO.

While I obviously don't agree with his political views, I would still share a campfire with him any day as I don't think he is a bad guy.

Last time I checked, it was still legal to vote for whomever presidential canidate you desire.
grin

FWIW.

DITTOS +1

Yep +2

+3.

Hey fellas.............the belief that it's OK to slaughter millions of innocent unborn children is NOT A "POLITICAL VIEW"!!!

It's the view of a selfish, inconsiderate, anti-religious, devil worshiper..............

But if you guys don't mind "sharing a campfire" with a disgusting piece of human waste such as this..................well have at it, I guess.

I just would have expected more of you...................that's all.

Last edited by nemesis; 01/16/10.
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 21 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.