Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I heard on the radio the other day that TERMITES emit more (methane) greenhouse gas into the atmosphere than any other source...mankind & his burning of fossil fuels included...I heard this before...What say ye greenies????
Kill all the bastids off?

Edit for spelling

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/16/10.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MM,

Can you remember the program you heard that on. I would like a link to that to give to a AGW beleiver in my office. Thanks.

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard that cow chit was the #1 source of methane gas. I told the AGW bunch around here to teach there cows not to chit. Shut some of them up!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
I heard that cow chit was the #1 source of methane gas. I told the AGW bunch around here to teach there cows not to chit. Shut some of them up!

I am doing my part to eliminate that source, but I am only one person and it takes a while to eat a whole beef! smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
It was on Mark & Brian.. grin not so much a trusted news source. grin It was a trivia segment they have.
I also learned that farts usually exit the tailpipe at about 7 mph...
I'll try my web-fu & see if I can find a better source..

IC B2

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.epa.gov/methane/sources.html#natural

Termites. Global emissions of methane due to termites are estimated to be between 20 and 29 Tg per year, making them the second largest natural source of methane emissions. Methane is produced in termites as part of their normal digestive process, and the amount generated varies among different species. Ultimately, emissions from termites depend largely on the population of these insects, which can also vary significantly among different regions of the world.
---------------------

Wetlands produce 6-8 times more methane than termites. (same article)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
MM,

Can you remember the program you heard that on. I would like a link to that to give to a AGW beleiver in my office. Thanks.

Keith

http://www.epa.gov/methane/sources.html

This may help you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I am doing my part to eliminate that source, but I am only one person and it takes a while to eat a whole beef! smile

LMAO! laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b2941806c7b.htm
Here's an excerpt...pretty good read I might add. It's not a scientific report.
This is a partial text of a House speech by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif. back in 2001...enjoy.

Let us make sure everybody understands that. Global warming is a problem, but mankind is actually one of the smaller contributors of CO2. It is overwhelmingly true that the CO2 being put into our atmosphere comes from natural sources. The contributions made by human beings to these gases that are turned loose in our atmosphere are less than 10 percent of the total.

Volcanic activity, for example, can add more to the atmosphere in a few weeks than all the internal combustion engines on this planet over the last decade. Termites and other insects, for example, are such a large source of CO2, and it is a larger source of CO2 than all of the industrial plants in the civilized world. Rotting wood is another offender that dwarfs any human contribution to this so-called threat.

I do not hear many calls coming from the people talking about global warming to bulldoze the rain forests. If they really believe in global warming, the rain forests, the rotting wood and the insects in those rain forests are the worst contributors. They are the most evil forces in this planet in putting global warming out, so we would want to bulldoze the rain forests. We would also want to clearcut old growth trees and plant new young trees, because the new young trees take the CO2 out of the atmosphere and replace it with oxygen.

Mr. Speaker, we do not hear many people who are global warming activists calling for the bulldozing of our rain forests. We do not hear many of them calling for the cutting down, the clearcutting, of old growth trees, or advocating nuclear energy, which is a tremendous source of energy which puts no CO2 into the atmosphere.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I tend aim my personal gas emissions toward Washington.

NRA Life Member
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bcp
http://www.epa.gov/methane/sources.html#natural

Termites. Global emissions of methane due to termites are estimated to be between 20 and 29 Tg per year, making them the second largest natural source of methane emissions. Methane is produced in termites as part of their normal digestive process, and the amount generated varies among different species. Ultimately, emissions from termites depend largely on the population of these insects, which can also vary significantly among different regions of the world.
---------------------

Wetlands produce 6-8 times more methane than termites. (same article)

If we could just capture that methane we could liquefy it and solve our energy problems forever! grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I tend aim my personal gas emissions toward Washington.

Better get started, it looks like they will take about 214 hours to get there re: M/F Miner

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

made by human beings to these gases that are turned loose in our atmosphere are less than 10 percent of the total.

A little disingenuous to say less than 10 percent - though it IS less than 10, it is more like 3%. Just sayin'.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Maybe...maybe not...I'm not a scientist & could really care less how much CO2 we contribute. The whole man made global warming idea is such bullshitt I can't believe ANYBODY would buy into the idea. It's ALL about the money...nothing more.
P.T. Barnum was right.................
Below is a paste from wikipedia.

Phineas Taylor Barnum (July 5, 1810 � April 7, 1891) was an American showman, businessman, and entertainer, remembered for promoting celebrated hoaxes and for founding the circus that became the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. His successes may have made him the first "show business" millionaire. Although Barnum was also an author, publisher, philanthropist, and sometime politician, he said of himself, "I am a showman by profession...and all the gilding shall make nothing else of me," and his personal aims were "to put money in his own coffers." Barnum is widely but erroneously credited with coining the phrase "There's a sucker born every minute."

He would be extreemly proud of his newest understudy...Albert Gore.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
+1 - was worried about ya fer a secont there!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ny understanding was Barium was noted for the quotation of "There's one born every minute and two to take him their" ????

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

People, this is a cry for help if I ever heard one! Those members who live in the area need to go to Elkhunters76's house twice a week and help him with that. One of you stop and get some mushrooms and onions and get some real butter and a dry Rhine wine to saute' them in. The other get some big potato's and some beer and salad fixings. Those are the tools you will need to assist him properly.

I implore you not to abandon your brother in his time of need! Assist him in this endeavor. We await your report.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I also learned that farts usually exit the tailpipe at about 7 mph...

I've recorded some bursts up to 18 mph.

*All measurements taken 10 ft. from the muzzle.Always work up maximum loads carefully.If any signs of excess pressure occur, reduce load.

Last edited by 280shooter; 01/16/10.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
*All measurements taken 10 ft. from the muzzle.Always work up maximum loads carefully.If any signs of excess pressure occur, reduce load.

I've overloaded several times. Blew the rim out and opened the pocket up. That br-ass is about shot from overloads

Last edited by crosshair; 01/16/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crosshair

People, this is a cry for help if I ever heard one! Those members who live in the area need to go to Elkhunters76's house twice a week and help him with that. One of you stop and get some mushrooms and onions and get some real butter and a dry Rhine wine to saute' them in. The other get some big potato's and some beer and salad fixings. Those are the tools you will need to assist him properly.

I implore you not to abandon your brother in his time of need! Assist him in this endeavor. We await your report.

Grill is hot and ready to go! Who is bringing the beer? Ask some of those who have hunted with me what we eat in camp. grin The link to the dry rub http://www.bigdicksdryrub.com/ ..funny website & good dry rub.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1minute, 204guy, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,599
Posts18,511,376
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.