Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
By me defining homocide, brings the factual issue up to the surface. Using pretty words like pro choice, or it's opinion whether a fetus is human inside a humans womb is misleading. Once reality is understood, morality can be argued vigorously.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes but you are making the distinction that the egg and sperm together form life. Couldn't others make the argument that a sperm and egg separately are both forms of potential life?

So I argue that your definition of life is your opinion, the same as those who assert life becomes a child at a certain point of life, thus in their opinion homicide being the killing of a fertile egg as opposed to the killing of a child.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bark - I need to confess up front that I'm not a 1 Big Tent kind of guy when it comes to religion. I'll not run down Catholocism but suffice to say they have a much different view than I on what it takes to get to heaven, and alot of other things rolled into their theology that aren't supported in the guidance document we both profess.

That being said, I'm also not painting with a large brush to say only X denomination is Christian. There are certain core beliefs in Christianity that are not "tweakable" - salvation by grace alone, trinity, bible is unerring word of God to name a few. Once we get past these topics, I'm open for debate and can accept what others believe. The bottom line is simple: if you consider yourself a Christian - root word Christ - then the bible is well... the bible. We can't add/subtract to it as we see fit. If some feel the need, come up with the Bible According to __________.

As to the concessions you mention, I do not know. I believe you are correct but I have issues with the Pope himself. I could accept that he is the leader of the Catholic church but can't quite swallow the whole infallibility nature of his words. I know alot of Catholics that I would consider Christian in the biblical sense of the word. Problem is they all seem to have issues with some of their Catholic tenents. I find that troublesome.

As to leaders of the "Church" I tend more towards evangelical people - David Jeremiah, John MacArthur, etc. I'm not aware of them changing positions or bible tenents to suit their needs. If so, please correct me.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should have specified recent church leaders of the last hundred years.

I have always wondered if there really is a God, why would he have a problem with those who believe in Christian values, live by these values, but can't bring themselves to believe in God?

I would have thought God as described would understand and also appreciated that though an individual has a hard time believing, how he lives is more important than whether or not he can worship him.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I do hope you find faith.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You are talking life, a sperm has a life and potential it exists, what ever future it has will be. An egg has potential and it exists whatever future it has will be. Abortion can effect neither in their individual state.

Egg + sperm + fertilized = human in a human womb. No opinion, fact. The only way to divert the natural order of the fetus's future is with conscious abortion.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
You are talking life, a sperm has a life and potential it exists, what ever future it has will be. An egg has potential and it exists whatever future it has will be. Abortion can effect neither in their individual state.

Egg + sperm + fertilized = human in a human womb. No opinion, fact. The only way to divert the natural order of the fetus's future is with conscious abortion.

Kent

But birth control can be a tool of homicide of potential life.

I'm really not disagreeing with your point of view, literally you very well could be right. I just don't believe a fertile egg constitutes homicide in the real sense as we know homocide. Others disagree and I respect their opinion and can't say with certainty that I'm right and they are wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The concept is a bit simpler - if a person truly believed the life you describe (the life he lives as God's words), why would you not worship the Creator of your life?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bwinters
The concept is a bit simpler - if a person truly believed the life you describe (the life he lives as God's words), why would you not worship the Creator of your life?

Because he believes the words to be good words to live by, but is skeptical of whose words they really are.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So could pulling out, kill potential that is.

It's no longer potential after a sperm fertilizes an egg, it's human. But I've said that. I believe in natural biological facts, false opinion not withstanding.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by nemesis
Brad says:

"Taking that life by choice is no different than murder despite the well intentioned rationalizations to the contrary."

And then he says:

"But the holding of such views also would never exclude those that hold a view opposite my own from a seat at my campfire... in fact, I suspect I'd be more comfortable with many of those I disagree with on this topic than those that will agree with my stance on abortion..."

Nemesis says:

Excuse me Brad if I appear to be a little confused.

You expect people to take you serious here when you say that you would be "more comfortable" having murderers sitting around your campfire than caring, compassionate, loving individuals who have a high regard for the sanctity of life?

Brad says:

"Those that rail against abortion sometimes spew the most venomous sort of hate towards those they disagree with that I wonder who's the murderer?"

Nemesis says:

Sorry, but this doesn't make a bit of sense either.

You equate someone who actually murders innocent unborn baby with someone who hates the person for doing it and wants the world to know about it??

What kind of [bleep] up reasoning is this?

I may be wrong here, but when I hear about someone killing an innocent child, my first reaction is outright hatred for the piece of schit and I don't mind telling the whole world how I feel about it?

I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO SIT AROUND A CAMPFIRE WITH THEM.

MY GOD...............

Brad says:

"Hate/venom is also murder... "

Nemesis says:

I only wish that this was true Brad, because if it were, there certainly would be a lot fewer Muslim terrorists, despots, degenerates and baby killing son-of-a-bitches in this world!!!

Both Nemesis and I have heard the same debate, I am not sure if killing a fertile egg could be considered murder, I understand his belief and think no less of him because it differs from mine, but he on the other hand stands in judgment and wishes to castigate those with a differing view.

Once again Mr Barkoff, you've either completely misunderstood my comments or are simply choosing to intentionally misstate them.

Let's try this nice and slow OK?

BRAD himself called abortion murder!

My comments stem SOLELY from that statement alone!

What I believe in this instance doesn't really matter.

HE SAY'S ...................not me, that he would rather "share a campfire" with murderers than people who oppose abortion.

Wake up will ya'?

Would you rather "share a campfire" with a person you felt was a murderer LIKE BRAD DOES or someone who thinks it wrong to take an innocent life?

HUH????

Who here acts more Christian? I would have thought the Christian thing to do would be to talk to someone and teach them your point of view without insult, name calling, or seeking to separate them from society and lump them with those who commit murder, with a full knowledge that they commit murder. Most who believe in choice in the first trimester do not believe it is murder or they would not support abortion in the first trimester.

THE MAN CALLED IT MURDER HIMSELF....................GEESH!

To liken this to the murder of a one year old child is an opinion, faith or a belief, it is not fact, if it were we would not be having a debate.

That is of course another question and not relevant to my earlier post or my foregoing comments.

However, as an aside..............I think you are full of schit!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

However, as an aside..............I think you are full of schit!!

Whatever, at this point your opinions bothers me none, they have been drowned out by your delivery..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fair enough - but at some level everyone needs to decide if they are the product of natural selection or divine intervention.

I mentioned my own story a few posts back. I'm a licensed geologist, hold BS, MS degrees and PhD coursework in geology (and hydrology) and for me, once all the evidence is out, there is too much random chance to explain evolution from a primordal stew. I know where I come from.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
So could pulling out, kill potential that is.

It's no longer potential after a sperm fertilizes an egg, it's human. But I've said that. I believe in natural biological facts, false opinion not withstanding.

Kent

This is opinion. Do fertile eggs have a brain, a heart, or will these grow from a fertile egg?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
As soon as the egg is fertilized by sperm and splits to two cells it is a seperate entity with a future no matter how long. There is a zillion natural ways for that new entity, in this case human egg + human sperm = human, to cease living. Abortion, in the sense we are discussing, is not a natural occurance, it is homocide.

Kent

Well defining homicide still does not make abortion murder if in fact if you still believe this fertalized egg is yet to have grown into a child.

Homicide, but not murder is your opinion?

LOL Barkoff who made you God?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At the time the egg is fertilized, obviously, a brain or heart has yet to develop. Though from that fertilized the proper mechanisms have begun for said organs to develop. So, to answer your question, at the very instance the egg is fertilized, no, they do not have a heart or brain.

I think what you seem to be alluding to is at what point does the egg become a fetus (correct me if I am wrong). To me that seems to be a somewhat tricky proposition, as some will argue that the moment the egg is fertilized it is human, while others will state that until certain organs have developed, it is not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by krp
As soon as the egg is fertilized by sperm and splits to two cells it is a seperate entity with a future no matter how long. There is a zillion natural ways for that new entity, in this case human egg + human sperm = human, to cease living. Abortion, in the sense we are discussing, is not a natural occurance, it is homocide.

Kent

Well defining homicide still does not make abortion murder if in fact if you still believe this fertalized egg is yet to have grown into a child.

For crying out loud, you show up late and that's all you have to add to the debate, or did you even read the debate?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to come across as such. As krp stated, when the word taken literally homocide is "murder", as it means the killing of a human. However, the definition of what murder is defined by the law/morals/ethics of a given society. Pretty sure that Barkoff is simply asking questions so that he can fully comprehend the other poster's opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll tell you what both Palin and other conservatives need, a good gop candidate to take her on as a vice presidential running mate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwinters
Sq - interesting viewpoint - one I hadn't considered. I'm not up on the latest pill facts but does the pill actually "abort" the fertilized egg or prevent the fertilization in the first place. I was under the impression it was the latter.

Unless I am mistaken, the pill merely prevents the sperm from fertilizing the egg. Pretty much if the egg is the endzone and the sperm is the opposing offense, the BC pill is a defense that stops the offense 99.9x% of the time.

Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,097 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.