Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Men control women through reproduction.

Explain.

"Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant!"

Your a smart guy Barkoff. Imagine if abortion was illegal. Want your wife or GF not to leave you? "oops! The rubber broke honey!"

Rape, with the resulting pregnancy, is a time-honored method for invaders to dominate the invaded. Control through pregnancy, again.

Further in many less civilized societies sex isn't really optional for the woman. And birth control is sketchy or worse. Get 'em pregnant and you own 'em.

Jeff - with all due respect your statements here are a bit over the top and do not logically support your argument. If you think guys control reproduction, tell your wife its time to have another baby. You'll have another baby when she decides, not you.

Rape is a violent crime of control, not reproduction - much like prison rape. Neither have anything to do with reproduction other than the act itself which resembles reproduction.

I will tell you straight up my own experience. I funded an abortion when I was 20 for my girlfriend. It was her decision and there wasn't alot of discussion on my part. I bought into the whole consciousness, non lifeform, blob, not a human argument at the time. I callously agreed. I have often thought about that single decision for the past 26 years. It was wrong. I murdered a human being without the slighest thought of its "potential" - the potential to become an adult, potential to enjoy life as we know it, potential to experience love, joy, and their own children. I took that away due to an idiotic, selfish, self-serving argument. Very few people know this story about me but I've been tempted to tell it when I see the "not a human life" argument put forth. I will simply say you are wrong in any sense of the word.

As to my faith, I have asked forgiveness from the Creator of life for my selfish decision. I was a long way from knowing Christ at that point in my life. It would be another 12-13 years until I even listened to a reasoned discussion about God. Suffice to say, as the child of divorced parents with absolutely no sideboards growing up, I experienced every selfish desire humans are capable of - with very little repurcussion. It wasn't until I came to Christ that I realized how short sighted and self centered I truly was. We are all driven by self centered needs but the big difference is simply their impact on other people - abortion in this case. I could understand and empathize with a rape victim who was impregnated. I would also try my darndest to talk them out of an abortion. The act was conceived in hate/control but given the ability to get past the act, much love can come from the tragedy. Good things can and do come from idiocy, much depends on one's perspective.

I agree 100% with Scott F on his statements concerning being friends with folks who do not share my viewpoint. I do not agree with the Nemesis method of communicating for that very reason. I also know that God didn't give up on me even though I did my damndest to stick my finger in his eye.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwinters

I agree 100% with Scott F on his statements concerning being friends with folks who do not share my viewpoint. I do not agree with the Nemesis method of communicating for that very reason. .

bwinters:

"Hi Jeffy..........whatcha' doing buddy?"

Jeff_O (short for Obama):

"Oh, I 'm on my way down to the abortion clinic to help them vacuum a couple of unborn children out their mother's uterus.

Wanna come with me?"

bwinters:

"Naw, I'm on my way to church my good friend.

You should come with me and perhaps you'd have a change of heart about helping to kill all those babies"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Go into a church?......................not on your life!"

"Gotta' go now , my friend.............there's work to be done!"

bwinters:

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way Jeffy."

"Gee willikers, old buddy, the last thing I want to do is to upset you.

I just thought................."

"Well, since we are such good friends, why don't you just go to church and pray for your sins and I'll go down to the clinic and kill some babies."

bwinters:

"Sounds good to me...............good buddy."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Case in point - you made my earlier point regarding Brad's post about being more comfortable with some folks on the other side of the debate. Many here agree with your conceptual arguments. The delivery on the other hand leaves alot to be desired......................

Would you listen to anyone that comes across like you do, regardless of "right" you are? Rage on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UH ; Anybody seen or heard from Sarah lately ? grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Correction, Sarah quit on the people who voted her in, not stepped down.

Mrs. Palin makes an attractive, vacuous talking head mouthing standard cliches and platitudes. I like her just where she is. May she be content and continue to earn her seven figure Fox income.

What's all the abortion talk on a Palin string? Shouldn't it be on some other thread?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I get a kick outta how some people trash Palin when they haven't accomplished nearly what she has in her life so far with a long way to go.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would you listen to anyone that comes across like you do, regardless of "right" you are? Rage on.

It's because of people like you that believe that the "lions should lay down with the lambs" that we ended up with this fiasco in the White House.

Tell me something......................

Are you actually afraid that you are going to hurt a baby killer's feelings?

My God ...........look where we have gotten to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

What's all the abortion talk on a Palin string? Shouldn't it be on some other thread?

Hey dipschit...........

One of the major topics of discussion about Sarah Palin during the 2008 Presidential campaign was her refusal to abort a Downs Syndome baby.

Pull your head out of your azz will ya'?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
It's inargueable that every person who lives started as a fertilized egg. But that doesn't mean that a fertilized egg is a human life.

Then what is it? A carrot? An iPod? Perhaps to you it is a fetus or Zygote but it is irrefutable that it has human DNA and it is maturing.

The scientific definition of "life" is "cells that reproduce and grow". A human fertilized, human egg meets the definition of "life" and if it is in a human, it is therefore human life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
I get a kick outta how some people trash Palin when they haven't accomplished nearly what she has in her life so far with a long way to go.

What has she accomplished?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Well ----- You know who she is and she don't know who you are . Just for starters . grin

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Palin, She's coming to Phoenix to speak at the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation. I hope to see her then.

She looks alot like my wife, almost as good looking.

They share alot of the same attributes like family, faith, abortion, outdoors, shooting, being right wing nuts. grin

It makes me laugh that my more liberal buddies are in love with my wife for the person she is but can't stand Palin. Of course with their anything goes lifestyle it's hard for them to keep a good woman. They should be in love with someone more like Pelosi.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both my right wing ladies. My daughter, the high school biology teacher, called yesterday and wanted to go fishing in the boat today. I got all loaded up but it's drizzling so we'll go do something else. Life sucks having women like that in my life.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nem - there are many ways to skin a cat. A little hint: if you want to have influence over people, and possibly educate/enlighten them, using your methods leads to frustration and degrades into name calling and lines drawn in the sand. What did you accomplish?

I've seen your posts before and they always seem to end up the same - descent into kindergarten antics. What did you accomplish?

Unless of course you have an insatiable need to be right at all costs........................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
krp - can I go fishing with you? <G>

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Well ----- You know who she is and she don't know who you are . Just for starters . grin

Big deal, that's no accomplishment.

So again what has she accomplished?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
krp - can I go fishing with you? <G>

Beat me to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You miss the point , compadre . What has she accomplished COMPARED TO WHOM ?

You ever been a governor ? I ain't .

Given her background and her start in life , would you say she has probably accomplished more than any of her classmates . But I could be wrong about that .

Be honest ; do you prefer Pelosi to her ? Maybe Hillary ? They are two accomplished women that come to mind .

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Sure, you just have to buy the boat.

I often get comments from gents in other boats and I give them the same responce.

This boat's for sale!

Why?

I charge the batteries, keep it mantained. I hitch it to the truck, stop and fill it full of gas, add oil. Drive 2 hours, launch the boat, run the boat while fishing, put minnows on my wife's jig because she still won't touch one after 30 yrs, take her fish off, watch her catch fish and repeat after every one. Load the boat, strap it down, drive back 2 hrs, clean the boat, park it. Clean the 50 huge fish my wife caught and the 3 small ones I was allowed to catch during down times, take care of disposing of the carcasses, clean and package the fillets.

How much for the boat?

Oh, the boats free, you just have to take the woman here fishing every time you go.

Silence.............

[Linked Image]

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still say you're a lucky man.

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 993 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.