Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
In a way, we are dancing around the point(s).

Point one: the "soul" does not exist, at least not in any sense that my dog Lucy doesn't have one. Disagree? Prove it.

Point two: God does not exist, at least in the sense that a moral arbiter is totting up debits and credits on our personal moral accounts. Disagree? Prove it.

Point three: to not allow women to have control of their bodies is uncivilized. Men control women via reproduction. Want proof? Google up a chart of what countries do and don't allow abortion. Then tell me why we should be like Iran.

Point four: lacking a soul and a God, what we are left with is a simple biological termination of an unwanted event. But the ramifications for NOT terminating it can be truly devastating, particularly for women.

Men control women through reproduction. Abortion allows women more equal footing. It gives them the Choice.

I support that choice. Always have, always will. It's freedom, and that's American. And to turn the classic retort around- if you don't like it, move somewhere where your beliefs prevail!

Like Iran.

Could you possibly be more condescending? You vehemenetly defend your beliefs yet you insult others for theirs.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwinters
Not my point..............

You couldn't resist taking a shot at me by your influencing comment. I can assume you either received your knowledge divinely or arrived at your current viewpoints by some form of rational discussion. Obviously the abortion issue is settled for you in your mind. We agree on the abortion issue. Given that this particular post has 550+ views, means alot of people are looking at it. I'd be willing to bet the viewpoints on here have created some to consider viewpoints they hadn't thought of or saw presented a certain way. Your style of communication doesn't help the folks who happen to share your conceptual viewpoint but would rather use a rational discussion to entertain a reexamination of a different viewpoint. I guarantee your method doesn't work..........

Second point - I shared a very personal story on here. Why would I do that? I am both ashamed and embarassed at my actions from 25+ years ago. I could have easily hid behind internet anonymity. After much thought, I decided it better to share a real live version of the debate - and risk embarassment and reputation. Cliche as it sounds, if it helps one person, it was worth it. If not, what did I lose? Not much, I'm quite sure we all have things we are not proud of.

Blah..............blah................blah.........

"conceptual viewpoint", "rational discussion", reexamination of a different viewpoint"

Geesh..............what the hell are you talking about?

Do you actually think you can convince someone who believes in killing unborn children that this act is wrong by "rationally discussing" it with them???

Man........are you naive!

Go stand on a soap box somewhere and tell everyone that walks by about the evils of abortion and see how many conversions you get.

If you believe, like I do, that abortion is MURDER than you should treat anyone who condones it exactly the same way you would treat a murderer.

You and others here have said that these murderers would be welcome to sit at your campfire.

Well, to that I say.............BULLSCHIT!!

If it were up to me, I'd put the bastards in the campfire!!

Simple as that..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Correction, Sarah quit on the people who voted her in, not stepped down.

Kinda like how the moslem finished his senate term?

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84

Interesting how Palin's detractors seem to apply a different set of standards than in the case of Hussein and his like??

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Palin, She's coming to Phoenix to speak at the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation. I hope to see her then.

She looks alot like my wife, almost as good looking.

They share alot of the same attributes like family, faith, abortion, outdoors, shooting, being right wing nuts. grin

It makes me laugh that my more liberal buddies are in love with my wife for the person she is but can't stand Palin. Of course with their anything goes lifestyle it's hard for them to keep a good woman. They should be in love with someone more like Pelosi.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both my right wing ladies. My daughter, the high school biology teacher, called yesterday and wanted to go fishing in the boat today. I got all loaded up but it's drizzling so we'll go do something else. Life sucks having women like that in my life.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kent

Dayum! smile

I Burn While I See
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
MAN you guys horn up easy!

We know after your posts Jeef it would take a picture of a guy to work on your horn.

Like this.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/18/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy

Interesting how Palin's detractors seem to apply a different set of standards than in the case of Hussein and his like??

She quit to sell books and fulfill her life long ambition of being a television journalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSdFIDygFwM

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you actually think you can convince someone who believes in killing unborn children that this act is wrong by "rationally discussing" it with them???

Oh really, you don't think people have ever changed their minds after hearing an opposing point of view? People are never converted to religion, pro-choice people have never converted to pro-life, democrat to republican?

It is you who is naive and ignorant, stuck in your ways of insulting those you disagree with for no other reason than your own pleasure..

You would put who in the fire, women who have had abortions, or those who disagree with you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with your viewpoint, yet I'm an idiot. Got it.

When I play expert witness, I love people using your tactics - on the other side. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Oh really, you don't think people have ever changed their minds after hearing an opposing point of view? People are never converted to religion, pro-choice people have never converted to pro-life, democrat to republican?

It is you who is naive and ignorant, stuck in your ways of insulting those you disagree with for no other reason than your own pleasure..

You would put who in the fire, women who have had abortions, or those who disagree with you?

So far you have made some points that (although I vehemently disagree with) are worthy of some merit.

Don't spoil it by getting all stupid on me now will ya'?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Palin is a kook plain and simple who has positioned herself nicely to cash in when she can. In the process she left the state of Alaska high and dry.... but in the end we are the winners! FOX deserves her and maybe Pat Robertson will join her wing nut views!

I use to like her before she thought she was a player on the national stage.

Walt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

I use to like her before she thought she was a player on the national stage.

Walt

So being a player on the national stage all of a sudden made her a "kook"?

C'mon Walt.............I'm sure you can do better than that.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Allowing herself to be placed in a position above her grade and believing she could compeat at that level, than complaining about it makes her a Kook. No let me back up... being played by the GOP and than quiting 1/2 way through her term claiming that she was a lame duck makes her a kook. This list could go on for a long time.

Lets face it, we can all find some one out there who doesn't like us but we don't quit our jobs and take our marbles home when they criticize us do we. Palin did!

Walt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Allowing herself to be placed in a position above her grade and believing she could compeat at that level, than complaining about it makes her a Kook. No let me back up... being played by the GOP and than quiting 1/2 way through her term claiming that she was a lame duck makes her a kook. This list could go on for a long time.

Lets face it, we can all find some one out there who doesn't like us but we don't quit our jobs and take our marbles home when they criticize us do we. Palin did!

Walt

Don't agree with you Walt, but that's sure a lot better..............

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's the beauty of this forum... We can disagree as long as we respect each others view! Right on!

Walt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rkamp

She quit to sell books and fulfill her life long ambition of being a television journalist.

She quit because she couldn't afford($$)to defend herself from the legal attacks of liberal muckrakers.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does that include trooper gate?

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have heard enough conflicting things about 'trooper gate' to not be sure what to think about that, honestly.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rkamp

And the moslem quit to fulfill his dream of being the first black president

Last edited by Mac84; 01/19/10.

I Burn While I See
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boy, guys will you let me get a stiff drink before the SHTF. laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.