Hop To
Page 314 of 1,842 1 2 312 313 314 315 316 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
back on the rock buschy?

I hear they did good there yesterday out deep.

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No dave, we never went that far. We happened upon this big yellow foam palace! I really hope you don't mind! we got to talking and decided to go try it out since you said you werent going to be able to make it out there. We never got a bite during the whole vikings game i don't think. The layout of the holes in yours works great and now we are talking of making one like yours. We actually caught decent fish yesterday out there and seen fish most of the day on the electronics. That house heats up so quick and thats the way to fish. we hung a portable computer fan we rigged up where you had the lantern, dries out the floor and keeps the heat even more even. got it hooked to a small vex battery. slick!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Cool man! I'm glad you guys went out there! I was really wondering what it would have been like if someone were out there to give it a try yesterday.

Did you guys have a radio so you could listen to the game?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have another friend headed out there today with his kid, It's pretty cool that you guys fished it yesterday, the holes will be open for him today. Sure is nice when you can just chip a thin bit of ice off the holes & get to fishing instead of drilling holes.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
les got a portable radio and if he parks his truck close we can get the satelite through it too so we had great listens all day long. we got most of the bigger fish after the game. had a few before but it was slow. lots of fish on the marcum but biting light too. some of the holes didn't have any ice to chip away yesterday, we used them all so they should have a good time there today. We sure appreciate it. Then little fan really helps all day too keeping the holes open. we did put a bit more snow around it to bank it a bit more. we were seeing some light under neath so we thought it would help with the heat too. i may have to try and get another fan for you for in there.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow hey thanks for banking, yeah the snow was melting back on saturday, I did some banking but should have done more.

Hmm, maybe we won't move the house just yet...

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wow, all the talk about ice fishing and plowing snow. We just got back from Disney World! The little girl loved it. At 5 years old, it was a place of dreams for her. I had so much fun watching her and the boys I missed seeing a lot on the rides.

The funny part was there was a cold snap down there. It got down to 27 degrees one or two nights and I talked to 2 people who called in sick to work because of the "brutal" cold. Yep, "brutal" was the word used by the TV stations. They even closed a school one day!

No ice fishing for me unfortunately, it is now the final push to get the house done. They are insulating right now.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
that would NOT be FUNNY. frown

Every day of my life forces me to add to the number of people who can kiss my ARSS grin
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh I dissagree....

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by uncle dusty
that would NOT be FUNNY.
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Oh I dissagree....

grin

grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think we'll leave the houses alone for a while. We'll keep our ears open but for the time being it seems we are doing as good or better than most with our fishing.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How long do you leave them out for? Might be able to make a run in 3 weeks or so.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh it'll be out there still, come on up.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you come up Tzone, i want to fish for sure with you? we'll set up a crapolade bar and bring the grill for Johnsonvilles out there! Be about time to celebrate that great green bay quarterback then....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
If you come up Tzone, i want to fish for sure with you? we'll set up a crapolade bar and bring the grill for Johnsonvilles out there! Be about time to celebrate that great green bay quarterback then....

Johnsonville's....we don't need no stinkin' Jonshonville's. I'll bring some real brats up. Crapolade, I guess now I have to come up. You'll know me, I'll be the one with the MN VIKINGS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS hat on. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by BuschPilot

Johnsonville's....we don't need no stinkin' Jonshonville's. I'll bring some real brats up. Crapolade, I guess now I have to come up. You'll know me, I'll be the one with the MN VIKINGS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS hat on. grin

I wouldn't be doing a victory dance just yet. The Saints are going to give ol burt/brent/whatever a real game of it and most likely will come out the WINNER! Going to be the Saints and Colts in the SB. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That would be something to see Tzone!! Pretty amazing actually. Might have a better chance in catching a new state record walleye than seeing that happen though!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Unfortuanetly Buschy...I agree with you. The Saints are going to be one tough game.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got to have Faith Tzone!! how was the fishing yesterday then Dave? they get any?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah they did ok, I didn't get a final count from him but it sounds like they did ok.

Dusty & his fishing pard are out there now in the blue house. I met them on the hiway this morning as I was headed to work, they were headed the correct direction (to the lake).

Something clever here.

Page 314 of 1,842 1 2 312 313 314 315 316 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.