-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't watch them neocons if I were you. You're liable to do something stupid, like smash the end of your finger off, while playing with your guns. LOL grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I wouldn't watch them neocons if I were you.

I don't.

Government "rah rah" stuff doesn't interest me.

It did once,..but like Paul said, there comes a time to put away childish things.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Mac84

Point one: the "soul" does not exist....... God does not exist

............ to not allow women to have control of their bodies is uncivilized...... It's freedom, and that's American......

The problem I have always had with the abortion issue is that I never regarded it as a "woman's individual rights" issue,nor as a "freedom" issue.....since it really got its' start from a Leftist agenda of population control(which is what it is really all about)....and I don't trust any dogma that eminates from the "Left"....much of it is morally and intellectually bankrupt...

It has taken an enormous amount of bizarre and somewhat irrational justification for us to look at a picture of a 1st trimester child,deny it's human,and contort the constitution in such a manner that it provides a woman an inalienable right to terminate a human life on that ground(especially since the Constitution is utterly silent on the issue;it is mentioned nowhere).

I become even more incredulous when we consider that the "concept" now extends to infanticide,outside the womb,of children who survive a late term abortion attempt......once again, if we leave it up to humans,we have started down the slippery slope of extending these "constitutionally protected rights",of a woman to do with her body what she sees fit, even if it isn't her body she's doing it to any longer...it is pretty clearly,now,...someone else's body;and that body,now ,has precisely the same rights as the mother......so,who's "rights" are superior? Especially considering,in the first place,that the mother in most instances made the choice to conceive in the first place.....in reality it boils down to a question of inconvenience....a lousy excuse for the termination of a human life......

And if you do not recognize the existence of a God...or a deity...or some higher being,...or at least of Natural Law(whatever you choose to call it),then you have no underpinning, or foundation, for the existence of "natural rights" or this "freedom" that Jeff mentions;...because all your "rights" are granted by a higher human authority.....and we all know what happens when we achnowledge the very existence of our rights as emanating from humans(government).....they are subject to "change" at the whim of these same humans(governments) who happen to be in power at the time.....whoever they may be.This is precisely what the likes of Obama,Clinton,Pelosi, Marx, Lenin, et all would love for you to believe.

...so to the extent that we beleive in "true freedom",we must acknowledge,intellectually...that it emanates from a higher source and existence of some higher authority as the source of that freedom....left to human interpretation,your rights are doomed.....the existence of a higher authority from which our rights emanate means they cannot be taken away,and are "inalienable",and is the underpinning of the Constitution,and the reason that most Leftist dogma attacks religion as a means of takeover.... but we all know this... smile

Hey there Bob! Venturing onto the Campfire forum eh? Beware...grin....

I'll contest that "rights" come from a higher authority. Instead, I see them as being generally blatantly obvious. Any creature on the planet has every "right" we have; we have just codified them in ways beneficial to ourselves. But every creature has the basic right of self-determination, existance, expression, pursuit of happiness, being armed, etc. This is not something that God gave humans. It's just what... is.

So, by that logic, a deer has a right to not be murdered... at least as much as it can be said that a man has that right... but many of us, myself included, have decided that we are willing to violate that right.

As to abortion, it's ugly, and there's no denying it. I can see 100% how it can be such a deeply disturbing thing for people. If a person truly believes that every conception is an act of God, and that a human soul is bestowed upon that fertilized egg by that God at that moment, then it's flat murder and of course I can see how that person would be outraged.

But that's not a logically defensible position. It requires that we first grant the existance of a God and of a soul. I welcome a rigorous proof of these entities; that'd be cool. Failing that, I'll just say again that I do have a problem with accepting those positions as foundational to the debate, in the same way that I'd be leery of granting "God (or Allah, or the Great Pumpkin) thinks that XXXX is true" in any OTHER debate.

Lacking that, what we have before us is a question of simple biological determination. Two people have sex. Fluids mingle. Oops. It is decided that to bring a baby into the world is bad for whatever reasons. Those people choose to undo what they didn't mean to do in the first place. No harm, no foul.

What would be infinitly WORSE is for the above to happen, but for that woman to be compelled by the State to carry that baby to term, regardless of any other mitigating factor. NOW we are in the realm of something evil. Now we have a State in a position it should not be in.

The list of countries that don't allow abortion I posted is illustrative in that we share virtually NOTHING with any of them. Virtually none of them are countries that the average American, especially a conservative one, would see any kinship with other than this issue. Therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that for the State to regulate reproduction in this way is fundamentally un-American.

Remember that the anti's like to paint a picture of clueless 19-year0olds out having sex and getting pregnant and then using abortion like birth control. First... don't we WANT that? Why would we want those clueless 19 year olds to procreate? Second, there's a whole realm of people who confront this daily who are NOT like that. I posted before about a friend who was forced to deal with this in recent years. His wife was 45 years old and got pregnant accidentally. The complication rates, for both baby and mother, are astronomical at that age (just look what happened to Palin). On top of that, they had all the kids they wanted and their kids were teenages. They were done reproducing. She had an abortion. I cannot see the State telling that person they can't do that.

Talk about a nanny state...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I wouldn't watch them neocons if I were you. You're liable to do something stupid, like smash the end of your finger off, while playing with your guns. LOL grin

Just thin on the good side, most of the replies are from guys horney for your neighbor.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yep, Palin is a decent woman with good values, one willing to work in the field of politics and representation. She has climbed the ladder in a way I respect.

I'm not looking for the messiah. Just someone like our founding fathers that were willing to fight for, Their families, their friends, their cities, their states and their country. Roll up their sleeves and get to work.

We can be defeatist and gripe about no one being the perfect messiah, or we can rally around the best choice available. That person not only needs to have values close to our own but also have a viability in our rock star popularity based society. The libs have Obama, we have Palin. That's reality for right now until a new star appears.

RP, Huck, the mormon aren't popular, I would still pick Palin over them personally. I would vote for them if they had a better chance of defeating the libs. I'm not a defeatist.

Kent

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Palin won't be a candidate.

Rupert Murdoch owns her now and that was part of the deal.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A well paid hen in the Fox house. grin

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Jeff, I could stretch your chain of logic to say there is no such thing as murder in a moral sense and only homicide with no moral impications. Whether the mass of cells were 2 and a second old or 100 years old and millons of cells. History is full of examples of humans, dehumanizing others to justify them for genocide or slavery.

You basically say there is no natural moral conscious in humans, it is a taught trait and shouldn't exist. Anarchy.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
agreed Kent, I'd take a Palin over a whole bushel of Obamas any day of the week.

there's some smart folks in DC, crooked but smart, my guess is the Dems actually hope the GOP regains seats this year.

that way they'll have at least some credible defense to share the blame over what's coming.

the GOP was diggin a hole with a shovel over the top of a huge cavern when they had control, the Dems have brought in a backhoe.

either way when we bust thru, it's gonna be a heck of a freefall for a bit.

my guess is whomever had his hand on the shovel last is gonna take a whoppin share of the blame.

but both sides been diggin the same direction for quite some time, just varying degrees of direction and speed, but still down.

I've changed my mind about RE, I'm gonna liquidate most of my property though it's not much. get rid of a house, a duplex and some raw land.

I can hardly believe what I see happening, but sure enough it's happening.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Palin won't be a candidate.

Rupert Murdoch owns her now and that was part of the deal.

Maybe, I don't have a crystal ball, if she does run I'll support her.

Kent

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I usually don't enter into the subject, but have listened to many. It seems the big question is when do you call it a person?

Some say the moment of conception? To me that's a stretch to think of that mess on the sheet as being a person.
It seems the better answer could be at what stage do you give an egg a name and a funeral? A full term still born would get a name and funeral if it were mine. But a natural miscarriage in the second month? I don't think so.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Miscarriages are quite tramatic emotionaly. Why should it be if we have no moral conscious. Ask any woman that has had a known miscarriage, they can count them, tell you when, and wonder in a sad thought about who they could have been. Even a man can wonder, who were you going to be in my life.

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, I know have lived through the experience but didn't buy a tombstone or have a funeral.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Do you still have the mourning feeling and the wondering what if. Funerals are for the living, dying without other human recognition doesn't negate your humanity.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sister had a miscarriage 4 years ago, her and especially her husband still hurt over that.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Your post reflects my sentiments 100%. Nemesis just doesn't get it that you can't accomplish much by slinging insults when you should be trying to make a point in a well-thought, intelligent manner.

You know Scorpion, you're either stupid as hell, or just a malicious, low-life punk trying to score points by distorting my intentions with some of the infrequent visitors to the Campfire.

For now, I'll just assume it's just stupidity, so I'll make one last attempt penetrate the dense fog that seems to have shrouded your ability to think clearly.

Get this through your [bleep] head once and for all will you?

I'M NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANY POINTS OR CONVINCE ANYONE OF ANYTHING HERE!!!!

As I said so many times on this thread, I'm doing nothing more than PROTESTING against people who are ALREADY CONVINCED that it's appropriate to murder unborn infants.

And also PROTEST against those who would willingly associate with these murderers..........

Do you know the difference between a PROTEST and a DEBATE???

When you are protesting against something (i.e. Iraq war, fur trapping, killing whales etc.) you already assume that the individual performing the act that you are protesting against is fully aware of their actions.

A PROTEST in not intended to educate, convince, make points or change an opinion.................it's to call attention to the situation so that others may collectively stop the act from happening in the future.

When someone here say's that they approve of killing unborn children, I assume this is a well thought out position and not something trivial enough that can be altered by someone who voices an alternative opinion on an internet forum.

I mean we're talking the slaughter of millions of unborn children here not whether it's OK to hunt on Sunday or something.

So you say you want to kill the unborn or hang around with people who think it's OK to do so................well I [bleep] PROTEST.................

Do you understand now?

I hope so, because you azzhats are wearing me out here!!

You never cease to amaze me, and don't try to put words into my mouth. I never said it was okay or not okay for abortions to take place, that is not for me to decide. I was merely trying to have a polite discussion about a clearly heated topic. Whether you believe it or not, you can alter certain opinions via the words you type on the internet. Maybe not always, though if someone takes the time to read a well thought out post, they may actually consider the points you make and down the road could possibly change their views. However, that concept seems to constantly escape you and you incessantly continue your cute little tirades. And I can assure you, I'm far from stupid.....

Carry on..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And I can assure you, I'm from stupid.....

?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oops, guess I missed a word there. Maybe I am from stupid in that case?? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just wonder if this is the way nemesis talks to people in person?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang Jeff you are going to start sounding like a Deist if you keep this right.

Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence never says our rights come from God. He says they are self-evident to all men and are endowed by a our Creator whoever that maybe.

So you are right.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 993 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.