Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3701903 01/20/10
yukonal Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I never hear you guys talk about them. Either a complete rifle, or using an upper or lower in assembling a complete rifle. Why not? What am I missing?

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 3 of them at the present, have not had any issues with any so far. Here's one I just got put together last night. Fit and finish was as good as any other's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

yukonal Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Jimmy. I'm really looking hard at the Predator Pursuit, but you guys got me spooked with that castle nut deal, and changing out stocks.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by yukonal
I never hear you guys talk about them. Either a complete rifle, or using an upper or lower in assembling a complete rifle. Why not? What am I missing?

DPMS and Bushy got bought out by the same company that own's Remington (Freedom Group Inc.) they also just bought out Barnes Bullet's.
Normaly when a great company get's bought out by a huge conglomerate the quality suffers because the workers no longer care.
DPMS is a good product but not as good as it used to be.
B

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin Nothing to it... Once you get started you can't stop. Biggest thing if building is to have the proper tools. Best I can say is just jump in head first as there is plenty of help here for any questions.
The Pred Pursuit in a damn nice gun and I varmit hunt with a fellow that has one and it has functioned 100% and is a very good shooting gun.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I owned one of thier mini SASS rifles for awhile. It was extremely accurate and never once jammed. Some people don't like them because they aren't a boutique rifle. I even had one fellow (Rambo type) tell me I didn't know much about rifles if I liked mine, go figure.

I'd buy another if I was in the market.

Terry

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have 2 DPMS rifles. They are good to go, no problems.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are a fine, basic rifle. Not flavor of the month to impress your friends.

Their lower parts kits have reputation on the internet for randomly having out of spec parts.

YMMV

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DPMS makes fine equipment. I love mine!

NRA Golden Eagles, Benefactor Member and I vote!!
M
M
DPMS rifles are excellent AR rifles. I've owned several high-end AR's and my DPMS performs equally to any of them. My most recent DPMS is the Bull 24 Panther in .223. Shoots less than half MOA at 200 yards.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm really looking hard at the Predator Pursuit, but you guys got me spooked with that castle nut deal, and changing out stocks.

Takin' away all of your fears using a proven step by step guide with drawings:

AR15 Lower Receiver Assembly Guide

And a Fantastic video of the entire process here:

AR15 Lower Receiver Assembly Video

Suppose you can just skip to the end part showing the butt stock assembly in both.

May the Force Be With You.

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
yukonal Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Clay-thanks for that link. That answers alot of questions for me.
That's the kind of reference material I'm looking for, being a nervous newbie.(to AR) eek

This is what I was refering to (a quote from a member helping me out), but it's not a problem.

The only down side to a RRA lower is they use commercial sized receiver extensions and instead of staking the nut in place they use red loctite.

That means that you are limited on aftermarket stocks and if you decide to change out the RE, you will need to heat the castle nut. The Commercial RE is not as strong as the MIL spec RE either but is not an issue with your use.

Last edited by yukonal; 01/26/10.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
gave better half a DPMS sportical for christmas and had feeding problem. Tried different mags and didn't matter. Appears bolt not going back far enough to picup next round.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by southernutah
gave better half a DPMS sportical for christmas and had feeding problem. Tried different mags and didn't matter. Appears bolt not going back far enough to picup next round.

I have repaired two of these for deer lease buddies w/in last 12 mos with identical symptoms. In BOTH cases, the bolts securing the gas manifold on the barrel were loose and the gas was partially bleeding out the gap instead of all going down the gas tube to the bolt carrier. It's worth a look.

Pecos

Pull the trigger......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do I need a type S sizer to load for a 24 in DPMS panther

I have a 12ga. I don't need a 30-30.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
s as in smallbase die, NO. Never used one in many years of competition wiht the AR15

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks rost495

I have a 12ga. I don't need a 30-30.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

344 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 16penny, 36 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,881
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.