Before I post all the good information, let me tell you a couple things that confused me about the PBS for a LONG time. My naivity kept me from joining this FINE organization for a LONG time and if I can help inform someone so they don't make the same mistakes I did, I will be a very happy camper!

1. The Professional Bowhunters Society has nothing to do with having to make a living in the hunting/archery industry to join. PROFESSIONAL is how members are expected to behave in the field. Ethical might be a better word.

2. The Professional Bowhunters Society is NOT a traditional only organization. Compound or Stickbow does not matter. Now, this is something I have noticed at a local, state, and now national level...it seems many of the people who love to bowhunt enough to join and eventually lead an organization that promotes their passion eventually are drawn to the stickbow. This is why it LOOKS like there is a traditional bias in many clubs. The PBS cares about the integrity of the member, not what kind of bow he or she shoots.

So, ALL are welcome and I think if you decide to drop by for the Gathering, you will find bowhunters who truly, deep to their core, LOVE bowhunting and are the kind of guys you would be proud to share a camp with.

With that out of the way, the information for the Gathering--March 25-28 2010 in Nashville TN--

2010 Professional Bowhunters Society Biennial Gathering

Please mark your calendars for March 25 through March 28, 2010.

Please join us for the PBS Banquet which will be held at the The Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.

There will be banquets Friday and Saturday night and vendors and speakers the whole weekend. Preliminary confirmed speakers are as follows:

Hunting Mule Deer

Norm Johnson and Jim Akenson

Women as Bowhunters Panel Discussion

Krista Holbrook, Amy Joslyn and

Holly Akenson

Turkey Hunting, A-Z

Joey Buchanan

The Solo Spirit

Mike Mitten

Bowhunting with the Thompson Brothers

Cliff Huntington

Line Dancing

Vikki Robertson

Hunting Bison

Nathan Andersohn

How to Use Map, Compass and GPS

Dave Doran

But wait! There's more! Stay tuned for more updates!

All the information for the Gathering and how to get tickets can be found at:

http://www.probowsociety.org/gatherings.html