Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I look after my 85 year old Mom and her 4 Sisters. The oldest is 91, and doesn't get around well. She's got dementia, a weak heart, and takes aricept, coumadin, norvasc and a couple other pills. I've got to wonder if the meds have an effect on her stomach or if it's just what my friends call "old rotten guts." Her Sisters think it's from what we feed her. They cut her portions back to a point where I think she should eat more. She hits the jackpot though, and they blame me for giving her too much food. I have opened every window in the house and both doors more than once on account of her.

Tonight, she got up from the dinner table, and about 4 feet from my position leaked one out just as I was taking a breath. I felt a sudden urge to find some air. I almost knocked her off her walker trying to get past her and out the front door. I got down the stairs and lost my supper. I managed to miss most of it, but we're having a gale and torrential rain right now and a bit blew back on my trousers (in slow motion of course) which are going around in my brand new front load washer right now. I got nailed by a skunk as a kid, and didn't feel as bad afterward. She cleaned my clock. I've got to wonder if it's another fun part of growing old that I get to look forward to or if it's from the meds. Every day is a new adventure taking care of family.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Think of it this way, thats 91 yrs of "who knows what" your smelling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not to sound like an arse, but if yah find a solution would you let me know? my german shorthair can clear a building most of the time.....havent figured out what in the hell causes it unless he is eating some plant out in the yard......SOB has perfected "crop dusting" aswell which was funny the first time....7 months ago...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my 16 yr old daughter came to me beaming with pride and told me she cut one that made her boyfriend have to leave the room .i taught her good and i'm really proud of her. takes after her dad

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
styxhunter, You da man!grin

maddog

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It is not by coincidence, that as your bowels begin to function poorly, your memory and sense of smell diminishes as well. Sort of a biological default, to preserve what dignity you have left. Those meds can be heck on the digestive process, as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A little yogurt will help the dog, don't know about the Aunt there Rob......but man you made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Dorothy was having her problems with Crohn's Disease she could cut one that would knock a buzzard off a gut wagon. It's been better lately, though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You painted a beautiful picture with your words, Rob.

Payback is a bitch.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sum acidophiles might help. Poor Old Rotten Guts. I met a whitetail like that once.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just got the old lady with a silencer. she's cussing me from the other room as i type this the kids are getting a good laugh. she has no since of humor

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've still got the sour burps!

If it's Karma, I probably had it coming.

It's too bad you can't see those things wafting across the room so you could get a moving. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to buy a canary. Bird stops singing or starts jumpin up and down, I'm gone!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Too funny!

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Mine don't stink. They quit about the same time I had my last sinus surgery---just a coincidence, I suppose. whistle

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
not to sound like an arse, but if yah find a solution would you let me know? my german shorthair can clear a building most of the time.....havent figured out what in the hell causes it unless he is eating some plant out in the yard......SOB has perfected "crop dusting" aswell which was funny the first time....7 months ago...

I think it's in the German shorthair's genes. My former brother-in-law had one when I roomed with him many moons ago. Got so bad that I brought home my military gas mask and wore that from time to time. Man that dog could let one go! sick

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rob p
I've still got the sour burps!

If it's Karma, I probably had it coming.

It's too bad you can't see those things wafting across the room so you could get a moving. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to buy a canary. Bird stops singing or starts jumpin up and down, I'm gone!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've seen bird hunters with a truck full of dogs driving home with all 4 windows down, and the hunters are the ones doing the panting. My last Labrador retriever could bust one, but I'd welcome one of his compared to the pasting my sinuses got today.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stop it! laugh my ribs and stomach muscles can't take any more! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ROTFLMAO

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I married the most beautiful woman...and she is a real true lady...first class all the way. She's been great to me for 31 years of wedded bliss.

But man, can she ever fog the windows with green smudge sometimes.

I have concluded that the more gorgeous a woman is...the more rotten their emissions are.

I just put up with it,out of love.

She also lets me use her soiled tampons to attract bucks during the rut.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,196
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.