Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TexasRick
No one wants to admit it or say it out load (hell, I'm uncomfortable with the idea and I KNOW it's true), but the beginning of the end of the society and life we once knew (and wish we could recover) was inevitable after the late 1950's and through the 1960's.

The reason our society has gone down-hill and the reason inner cities are all "war zones" is caused by the end of segregation and the civil rights movement. It is distasteful for me to say that as I DO believe in equal rights for all people and "freedom"......but facts are facts.

Any area that has a high percentage of "undesirables" who believe they have legal/political protection from any control.....will soon become a "war zone". That's why small town/rural areas in middle America are still great places to live......not enough "undesirables" to screw up the system.

Am I advocating a return to segregation and oppression of "undesirables"??.....no. If you allow the "government" to oppress ANY group, even if you agree with the results obtained......you are well on the way to the "government" oppressing ALL citizens and groups......even the ones YOU belong to.

There is no good solution to th problem, but that's why we are seeing the things we see tday. It never happened as long as there was segregation and un-equal rights for "undesirable" groups....FACT!

What you are seeing today in the inner cities is the future of ALL America if these "undesirables" continue to gain political power......so go to the polls and VOTE!! If you want to see the future, look at what's happened in Africa with the end of colonial control in the 50's and 60's......a cess pool that just keeps getting worse.

Bingo. It's no coincidence that the most crime ridden cities have one major thing in common........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
War zones?

Not even close.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hate to brake it to some people but despite some cities going down hill, such as Detroit, the crime rate in most cities has dropped dramatically since the early 90's. Believe it or not NYC and Newark are no where as bad as they used to be. White guys can now walk through black neighborhoods without worrying about getting robbed. I know because I used to do it on a daily basis. The crime rate has climbed a little bit but that is probably because of the economy. People are getting desperate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Guys start talking about the big cities etc etc etc.... I immediately start recalling names and faces.

Birdwatcher

you remember her precisely because her behavior was so unusual for her "group"

the fact that exceptions to a generalization exist does not make the generalization less true.....as a generalization.

and low income doesn't necessarily equal high crime....except in certain ethnic groups.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
People keep mentioning race. It's true that the run down, crime ridden, areas of major cities are inhabited by blacks and hispanics. However, up until the 1940's the ghetto's of Philly, Detroit, NYC, and Chicago where filled with Italian, Irish, and Eastern European immigrants. They eventually moved up on the social ladder and got out of the "hood."

IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,343
Posts18,506,168
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.