Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I read in the Anchorage Fish Wrap that 3 Russian surnamed men were caught and charged with a variety of hunting violations.
It looks like they killed a dozen bull caribou, a cow caribou and a moose out of the subsistence area. Sounds like a lot of iron and equipment was confiscated. The article didn't say if any of the caribou looked diseased.
This one will be good to follow in light of the Pt. Hope case.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
3 charged in killing of a dozen caribou

By JAMES HALPIN
jhalpinadn.com

Published: January 27th, 2010 01:49 PM
Last Modified: January 27th, 2010 01:49 PM

Three men have been charged with hunting offenses stemming from the killing of 12 caribou along the Denali Highway, Alaska State Troopers said today.

Troopers say the three Delta Junction residents -- Vladimir Doroshuk, 30; Andrey Medyanikov, 29; and Grigoriy Rybak, 43 -- parked a truck and trailer along the highway on Dec. 7 and left the federal subsistence hunting area on snowmachines.

They proceeded to kill 11 bull caribou and one cow a half mile or more outside the subsistence area, troopers said. The cow carcass was dragged from the kill site and buried in snow, then left to waste, troopers said.

During the investigation, conducted by troopers and Bureau of Land Management rangers, a moose illegally killed was to have been butchered in one of the men's yards earlier in the winter, troopers said.

Investigators seized as evidence the carcasses, several rifles, three snowmachines, a sled and a dual axle trailer.

The men were charged in Delta Junction Jan. 20. All were charged with unlawful possession and transportation of illegally taken game and taking caribou in an area in which they were not permitted.

Doroshuk was also charged with wanton waste, taking a cow caribou during closed season and taking a moose in a closed area.

Find James Halpin online at adn.com/contact/jhalpin or call him at 257-4589.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finally getting some serious enforcement effort here Art! Most of we Deltoids know that this isn't an isolated case.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's hoping this LEO work expands, grows and succeeds.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Were any of those SOB's related to the big fat bitch that owns the chitty pizza joint in Delta?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you talkin pizza Bella on the right hand side after the Y that either takes you to Tok or on to Ft. Greeley?

unless it's changed hands I thought the owners were Greek

they used to serve good pizza years ago, expanded into FBKS, but closed down, seems they ran off all the help screaming at them.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vern should know, hopefully he'll chime in, I haven't been there in years.

I depend upon him to let me know who puts a good scald on stuff in Big D

I try to do the same for him here in FBKS

hopin to break bread with that rascal in the near future.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This kind of stuff happens all the time down in Delta, but it is nice to see some of them get busted for a change. Cant tell you how much illegal crap I have seen the Ruskies pull over the years living down there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1ak is correct on the pizza joint...Greek.....and no pizza is worth that much $$$$$. Sorry ya got burned in Delta Ace.

If dining in the evening in Delta, try The Snowhook at 1412 Alcan.

I hope the wanton waste charge results in a few days in jail as these immigrants have a serious dislike of jails.....it really gets their attention....

It's rumored that they are pulling similar stunts on the Alcan and Taylor Highways East of Tok.

The immigrant's kids brag to their teachers about the hundreds of rainbow trout they take from Quartz and Bolio Lakes and the moose they poached in the back yard......they are quite brazen about their poaching.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah it was Pizza Bella. I didn't realize Greek women looked or could look like that.

I'm jaded by the Greek chick from Crete I met in Athens in a whor............I digress.

That bitch at Pizza Bella was mean. grin

Vern----Thanks for the tip. I hope to get back next year and catch up with some friends. Most of my "off" time was spent at the Big D or the Clearwater. I had a great time and met some incredible folks. My pizza experience only made it more fun.

Best regard, Bill

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully more justice will come out of this than did that legal goat [bleep] in Pt. Hope.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If these guys don't get off, can they claim discrimination based on the Pt Hope precedent?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if it's still going on, but there was good sized Russian group doing woods work here in Oregon. Thinning, planting, fencing etc, and they were well known for living off the land regardless of seasons.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember hearing about them, didn't they get popped by the law?

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ate at Pizza Bella last August, man that place has gone down hill, next time I'll try the burger joint across the street. I've heard lots of stories about those Russians, they are not well liked by many that live in Delta and this particular story is one of the reasons why.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's see! Russian? OOOPS!! A minority group. Don't get too excited here about a conviction here boys. They're gonna walk - a-la Point Hope.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope...they're not a different race. And they have no governmental relationship with the Federal government. And it's pretty easy to drive Trooper vehicles to catch them.

I'm thinking that if enough actual citizens keep raising hell, they may get set upon really well.

At least I hope so...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Methinks the Delta residents won't let this one go by the wayside. These guys have been abusing the system for years, now that some have been caught, maybe someone will finally do something about it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe if the Russians have "minority status" in Alaska, this could be tried as a reverse "hate crime"?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (10gaugemag, 270cowboy, 21, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,815
Posts18,536,738
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.