Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I posted this question in the "Canada" section but thought it would get a better response here. Just realized I am getting old and I have never hunted moose yet. I have been putting in for preference points and licenses in places like Wyoming, Maine and New Hampshire and figure I should be chosen for a license about the time I turn 103.

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and wonder if anyone could suggest an outfitter in Ontario or Province I could drive to where I might have a chance for a shot at Bullwinkle.

He doesn't have to make the record book, because I don't have much wall space anyway, and my 401(k) has shrunk to a 201(k), so money is definitely an issue and I am hoping for something for less than 5K.

And I confess I am not particularly athletic, although I am healthy and mobile. If the hunt did not involve my having to climb a mountain with a dead bull moose on my back while holding an anvil in each hand, everyone involved in the adventure would be better off.

I would be very grateful if anybody could get me started on a place to look. Thanks.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 01/24/10.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never used an outfitter here myself, but this is a list to start with. I would be looking for someone in the Red Lake/Ear Falls area for high success rates...

http://www.ontariossunsetcountry.ca/category.cfm/code/13/tbid/3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blargon
Never used an outfitter here myself, but this is a list to start with. I would be looking for someone in the Red Lake/Ear Falls area for high success rates...

http://www.ontariossunsetcountry.ca/category.cfm/code/13/tbid/3

I lived and hunted in the Ear Falls area for 25 years. That site lists most of the outfitters. I recommend KayAir as an outpost outfitter. Peter Kay runs an effiecient and friendly service. I did a lot of Northern flying with Pete and he is an excellent pilot, running a twin beech and 180 both on floats. Like so many hands on operaters, his wife receives and sorts email, but pete will reply. his address karenknwconx.net website at
www.kayair.com

Lac Seul Airways and Scout Lake camp have good operations and are good folks.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd encourage you to take a look at Mattice Lake Lodge, I've been thinking about a trip with them and have heard many good things.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats in the Armstrong area and they run a very good show.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would look at the Peace River Area of Alberta also. CB

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Oh, I'm getting excited! Thanks!

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My aunt hunted with this outfit a few yrs ago and enjoyed a successful hunting adventure. http://www.aircochrane.com/moose_hunts.html

Let's rob this train, Jesse.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (AdventureBound, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 673, 44automag, 18 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,434
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.