Campfire Regular
D
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/82769067.html

Poll: Toomey over Specter by 14 points
Democrats found to lack enthusiasm

By CHRIS BRENNAN
Philadelphia Daily News

brennacphillynews.com 215-854-5973

Former U.S. Rep. Pat Toomey has opened up a 14-point lead among likely voters in his bid to deny U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter a sixth term, according to the latest Daily News/Franklin & Marshall Poll.

Poll director G. Terry Madonna said that the results reflect a growing national Republican resurgence mixed with a lack of Democratic enthusiasm as the two parties battle over issues like health care and the economy.

Specter, who switched from Republican to Democrat in April, was tied at 30 percent in a general election match-up with Toomey among registered voters, with 35 percent undecided, the poll found.

But Toomey jumped out to a 14- point lead when the poll targeted "likely voters," people who said they are certain to vote and are paying close attention to the race.

Among that group, Toomey led Specter 45-31 percent, with 20 percent undecided.

"I can't deny it's all very encouraging," Toomey said. "But I'm also very aware of the fact that the election is nine months away. A lot can happen. So I'm going to run like I'm 20 points behind."

Specter, who narrowly beat Toomey in the 2004 Republican primary, declined to comment on the poll yesterday.

Toomey, who lives near Allentown, left his congressional seat for the 2004 race.

U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak, who is leaving his Delaware County congressional seat to challenge Specter in the primary, also came up a loser against Toomey in the poll. Toomey led Sestak among registered voters by 28-16 percent with 51 percent undecided.

With likely voters, Toomey's lead on Sestak grew to 41-19 percent with 37 percent undecided.

Sestak was unavailable for comment yesterday, a campaign spokesman said.

The poll found health care, the economy and jobs to be the top issues in the race........

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it's going to be the biggest slaughter of democrats since the Jonestown massacre

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
it's going to be the biggest slaughter of democrats since the Jonestown massacre

laugh laugh

That Kool-Aid will kill ya!!!
Maybe some of them will do like they used to in Rome, just open a vein.

Last edited by 340boy; 01/28/10. Reason: add text

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Spectre's defeat would be delicious in the extreme. I can hardly wait to cast my vote. mad

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Excellent news. Spector will be wishing he had just acted like a good Rino and gave in once in a while.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It will be a good laugh to see Sen Sphincter headed down the road won't it.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

It took a minute for the penny to drop... You got me laughin on that one!!!!

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe we can get that female cop from Portland to pepper-spray Sphincter as he goes down in flames.

Last edited by 280shooter; 01/28/10.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
His 'act like a lady' incident with Michelle Bachmann helped fan this flame....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lets just hope that Obama stumps for Specter. I just love seeing him get bitch slapped.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If Toomey can pull this off it will be SO good to see Benedict Arlen get booted out of his comfy seat and onto the street...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The next step will be term limits and stripping all retired congressmen and senators of their booty of retirement, healthcare, and other benefits. There is none living that deserve them, but most would deserve prision or worse.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another one bites the dust...........

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I blame Bush & the RNC for Spectre even being in office right now. He campaigned for him the last time over Toomey, & the RNC provided the funds.

That coincidentally marked the last year the RNC got one single penny from me.

Expediency over principles=Spectre.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
The next step will be term limits...
Good luck..
and stripping all retired congressmen and senators of their booty of retirement, healthcare, and other benefits...
Good luck..
There is none living that deserve them, but most would deserve prision or worse.
True as true can be..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How's that democrat conversion working for ya now Arlen?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Damn Steve, I hope you're right.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Being from PA, I still see Sportsmen for Specter bumper stickers.

However, his reputation was shaky even back then.

Take a look at these articles.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1129&dat=19860915&id=x1QNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RG4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5034,4263477

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_189577.html

Notice his nickname (and reason) in the one article. Notice his questionable "support" and methods of trying to deflect criticism or responsibility on votes.

He's not strong or "committed" enough to the Dem way to get their full support, and lost all support on the GOP side. He'll be gone, if he doesn't "retire" in the mean time.

Edit: The first link won't cut and paste well here, I guess due to the "?" in it. Try to cut and paste it from here into your browswer to read it.

Last edited by ColdBore; 01/29/10. Reason: Explain link
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I blame Bush & the RNC for Spectre even being in office right now. He campaigned for him the last time over Toomey, & the RNC provided the funds.

BIG 10-4. The RNC is not your friend they're just less of a problem than the DNC. While in power the Republicans of recent history tend to morph "to the middle", go crazy on spending, and fail to protect our borders as sworn to do, instead of focusing on what is constitutional and in the best interest of freedom. Blind support of Sphincter is an excellent example. Not too long ago I sent quite an extensive letter back to the RNC in the contribution return envelope telling them good advise is all I would contribute to the RNC for the forseable future. Monetary contributions would only go to specific candidates. Really turns my stomach to suddenly see the likes of McCain and Lindsay Graham pounding their political chests and claiming to be saviors of conservatism.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being from Pa I'd say most are ready to dump both specter and casey.specter just needs to retire.casey is a idiot.
Toomey should do well if he doesnt swing to far right.We had a far right dogooder here Rick Santa-stor-chit.That got voted out in the last election.Made a total azz out of himself and embarrassed the whole state over the Terri Schiavo thing.A good center right fiscal conservative should do well here now.Far right dogooder wingdings tend not to last here.Pa. is a center right state so that should be no surprise.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,882
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.