Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
On one of the best days of the year here are the plans the wife is making hot wings, I am going to try to make Philly cheese steak sands and atomic bufflo turds oh ya and some tums. So lets here the menu!!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm in charge of Satay and Pad Thai.

This party is going to be a international smorgasbord of finger foods.

The money I am going to win on the Colts is just a side issue!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I are making some buffalo shrimp. Same deal as the chicken wings but you make it with Shrimp. They are real tasty. Other than that I think a buddy is having a Nacho Cheese fountain, and I'm sure there will be the usual chicken wings and such.

Deal with it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Local grocery's run out of Pepperidge Farm Turnovers - the Queens fans have been making huge runs to stock up...

I'm gonna make a bowl of flaming hot salsa with lime-flavored Tortilla chips, breaded cheese curds, and maybe a big pot of Jack Danials Barbecued chicken wings...

Then of course there WILL be beer.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hey, I like the shrimp idea... I may have to add that.. Mucho thnx..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey AK...if you want something similar but with a different bent and a small bite to it, try this:

Plus...you get to say bang-bang to lots of drunk chicks at the party!

Recipe for Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp

Start with breaded, baked or fried shrimp. Why is this recipe for Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer one of the most sought after recipes on the internet? Well, if you're lucky enough to have tried it, you'll know why. This is how the menu describes it:

Bang Bang Shrimp: Tender, crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce

On their website, they are very generous with their recipes, but not this one - until now. Some of the best things in life are simple, and this sauce is no exception.

Spicy Sauce
� cup mayonnaise
4 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp sugar
� tsp rice vinegar

Shrimp
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
� cup all-purpose flour
� cup panko crumbs
1 tsp salt
� tsp black pepper
� tsp rubbed ground sage
� tsp onion powder
� tsp garlic powder
� tsp dried basil

8 to 12 cups vegetable shortening or oil
16 to 18 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

1. Combine all ingredients for chili sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Combine egg and milk in shallow bowl. Mix flour, panko, and spices in another shallow bowl.
3. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Use the amount of oil required by your fryer.
4. Bread shrimp by first coating each with breading, then dip into egg mixture, and then back into breading. Arrange the coated shrimp on a plate and pop them into the fridge for at least 20 minutes. This step will help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they are frying.
5. When your oil is hot, fry the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a rack or paper towels. When all of the shrimp have been fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon about � cup of the sauce over the shrimp and stir gently to coat. Stack the shrimp on a bed of mixed greens, then sprinkle chopped green onion over the top.

To lighten up your Bang Bang, try the following:

Instead of using 1/2 cup of mayo, I used 1/4 cup of light mayo and 1/4 cup of light Miracle Whip. I did not double dip the shrimp like the original recipe either. All the other ingredients remained the same until the frying part came in.

Place shrimp on regular baking sheet you've sprayed with olive oil and spray the breaded shrimp as well with oil. Place in 375 degree oven for 12 minutes, then 2 minutes under the broiler (500 degrees) to crisp up.

* To find the sauce and rice vinegar, check the Asian section of the grocery store.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Super Bowl night is usually seafood night here- broiled scampi, scallops, steamed crab, lobster, deep fryer rolling, and an assortment of sauces. We don't splurge on this stuff too often- SB night it has become a tradition.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Isaac, I'll have to try that. I've got a freezer full of shrimp so I'm always looking for new ways to cook them.

Deal with it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,437
Posts18,489,382
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.