Hop To
J
jimann Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hi
Someone emailed me this and I thought it was worth sharing.
jim

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/754.html

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this topic has been beaten to death before, but, to summarize, this is a far more important reason nobody wants to disturb the Swiss:

[Linked Image]

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good point,Steve.
I don't know why I didn't think of Switzerland's banking system.

Speaking of which, I need to visit that country one of these days...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thank you - thank you - thank you for posting this.

It IS the truth...

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A good read is "Target Switzerland," by Stephen Halbrook.

The Swiss are neutral by they are not pacificists. The Swiss were prepared in WWII to fight a phyric battle to keep Germany and France from its borders.

I just wish I'd bought more Swiss K31s for $79 when they were available!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This goes back to what ended with the last generation. Then in order to destroy a country you had to invade with troops. You really couldn't do great damage without that. Today it's differant. They can bring a country to it's knees from the air, and from space. There really is no place to hide, no safe base to fight from.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You may be right about that crosshair. But then why would you want to do that just so you could gain about a million coo-coo clocks and some chockolate? grin

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always thought that it was out of fear of the Swiss navy.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's because corrupt world leaders from everywhere have vast amounts of money stashed in Switzerland. The Germans' stolen loot is still there and they're still fighting over how to return it to the families of murdered Jews. Invading Switzerland would be hitting their own pocketbooks.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prolly lots of reasons but the important one to me is it's just too damn far away.

I got better things to do today.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
You may be right about that crosshair. But then why would you want to do that just so you could gain about a million coo-coo clocks and some chockolate? grin

No reason to really. Germany thought of it just so they didn't have to go around. There are some of the worlds finest factories there, but they would be destroyed. Kind of no net gain.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the Swiss were allies of the Germans in all but name, so the Germans had no reason to want to invade them. if they'd taken Switzerland, we would have just bombed the Swiss factories like we did the German ones. they served far better as a safe haven than a conquered territory.

Norway also had a well armed citizen militia, and it only lasted a few weeks against a very weak German invasion force. Switzerland was on the Reich's border, and their military and intelligence service were full of Nazi sympathizers. They were a speed bump for the Wehrmacht if they'd wanted to take it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
nice watches, nice knives......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yodlers were cheaper than installing a telegraph system.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree with the Swiss practice of an armed citizenry - I also agree they were a Nazi state - in all but name. In Europe there is still a saying that the Swiss are more German than the Germans. How much of the money that enriched and benefited the Swiss - for decades - was stolen Nazi money? I'm sure it was an immense amount.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crosshair
This goes back to what ended with the last generation. Then in order to destroy a country you had to invade with troops. You really couldn't do great damage without that. Today it's differant. They can bring a country to it's knees from the air, and from space. There really is no place to hide, no safe base to fight from.

Somebody ought to tell that to the terrorists in Afghanistan and elsewhere. Apparently they didn't get that memo.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No matter how many bombs you have and how much technology you have when all is said and done it still takes the Queen of Battle (infantry) to take and hold a country. Nothing else works.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by crosshair

Somebody ought to tell that to the terrorists in Afghanistan and elsewhere. Apparently they didn't get that memo.

No kidding...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 3,580 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,344
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.