Hi fella's; I'm looking to buy a stock for my<BR>father's old Win. 1895 carbine. It's the one with the flat portion on top, and the butt plate is cresent shape, with a sliding port hole for storing ammo or cleaning kit in stock. Still have the butt plate, so only require wood.(and perhaps the tang screw)<BR>There is new 98% finished stocks available, but would prefer one with some character scratches and dings, to match the rest of the rifles age.<BR>My father, when still alive, lent this gun to a son in law. The big turkey, shot a doe and when he got to it, the doe was still alive, so instead of shooting it again, he gave it a John Wayne slapshot. The stock broke at the tang area, and probably could have been repaired, except a V shaped piece about 8" long is missing.<BR>I picked up a butt at a gun show (50 bucks)in the 95 rifle model, but this of course just has the standard cresent shaped plate. It's a fairly ruff looking piece of wood, but if someone could provide me with the correct stock, they can have this one for free.<BR>I would like to get this gun repaired and shoot a moose with it, in remembrance of Dad <BR>who passed away in 1991, at the age of 91.<BR>As a child my father told me many times, what a powerfull rifle this was. 30 Army or 30-40 Krag(grin) I guess at that time it probably was one of the better ones.<BR>If someone has this butt stock, and perhaps a matching fluted forestock for sale, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks