Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Spineless punk...

The nation�s senior military officials removed a huge obstacle to gays serving openly in the military by telling Congress on Tuesday that they support President Barack Obama�s decision to repeal the �Don�t ask, don�t tell� law.

Adm. Mike Mullen is the first sitting chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to support an end to the controversial policy.

While Mullen and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates indicated they want to take the repeal slowly and would need more than a year to implement it, Vice President Joe Biden had a different prediction.

Biden, in an interview with MSNBC, vowed that �Don�t ask, don�t tell� would be gone by the year�s end.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-ask-dont-tell-is-the-right-thing-to-do

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 02/02/10.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should put all the butt darts in their own unit and send them in first. Seems like a good source of cannon fodder.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
A long list of dead admirals are spinning in their graves...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wonder if Mr. Mullen cleaned Obama's spunk off his lips before he made it public that he supports the change.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think it was more like... brown material.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Saw that. It's embarassing.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What do expect from swabbies?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hey, don't go there. All us ex-swabbies are mad as hell... and STILL a lot smarter than jarheads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The worst thing is ..In todays military I bet they don't let the men police morality and cleanliness in the barracks with a blanket party or a good old GI shower. When I was in (Early to mid 70's) that took care of most of the problems that came up. The decent guys were expected to keep order and disipine where we lived. I am sure the Navy and such had a similar "policy". Now I bet you can't even talk loud to malfeants, dirty boys and sick deviants? They got more rights than decent people these days.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The Navy MAY have had such a policy back then. I can neither confirm nor deny... wink

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The Navy had the same policy long before that!

PROUD TO BE A VETERAN
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Biden, in an interview with MSNBC, vowed that �Don�t ask, don�t tell� would be gone by the year�s end.
What an idiot blowhard.

This was passed by Congress and must be repealed by Congress. There are not enough votes to pass it now and with the dems rightfully running scared, I can't see where they will have anywhere near the votes to pass it. Certainly not after November.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What's up with these Admirals lately? they seem to have latched on to Obama's jock more than the other services.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They're all just yes men.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have to play nice 'cause their toys cost more .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
A long list of dead admirals are spinning in their graves...

"Kiss me, Hardy" wink

a piece from the Daily Mail on how Nelson would freak out in our PC world:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-451590/So-thats-Nelson-said-Kiss-Hardy.html

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That article is more accurate than you know.

The US Navy died after 1993 and the Tailhook witch hunt. Every Naval Aviator who was worth a $hit was forced out of the service, or left in disgust, and those who stayed were those who were willing to abide by the new regimes PC games. Now those who elected to stay are in the senior ranks, and the foregoing statement by Admiral Mullen is proof of that.

I feel for the enlisted and JO ranks, as they are ill served by careerist time servers who will sell them out in a micro heartbeat to curry political favor for themselves. The sad part is that the JO's learn this behavior from their seniors, and it becomes endemic in the system.

It ain't the same Navy in which I served.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It is estimated that between 2% and 10% of Ameriucans are gay/lesbian. The number varys depending on the source.

If there are about 1,500,000 active military personnel and 850,000 reserve personnel for a total of about 2,350,000 personnel, gays are certainly represented. Assuming the lower number of gays (2%), this means that about (minimmum) 47,000 are gay. Of this number, some have cetrainly served in Iraq/Afghanistan and some have died.

General Friedrich Von Steuben(of US Revolutionary War fame) was apparently gay and he was accommpanied throughout the was by his teenage "aide" and lifetime companion. The US nuclear submarine, USS Von Steuben (SSBN-632) was nemed after him - anyone here care to admit that you served on this boat?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ever been aboard a ship? If you have then you'll realize that the gays are much better off being unknown, as the majority of sailors are not gay, and won't tolerate that lifestyle in the close quarters in which they live. Blanket parties and over the side eliminates the problem-literally.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Considering the tenor of your post, djs.........I guess you won't mind if I ask:

Are you queer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 75 invisible), 3,512 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,634
Posts18,533,297
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.