-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 326 of 1,842 1 2 324 325 326 327 328 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you are going to make it this weekend? I hope so it will be so fun!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Took a 3x3 Mulie in SE Colorado in October. Didn't take a shot with bow,rifle or flintlock here in PA. We had a very heavy acorn crop this year and deer were scattered throughout the area, making it hard to pattern them. Plus, I was in Colorado through much of the PA bow season.

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Sweet!

How'd ya get her to spark?

I tried a lot of things Tom, not sure but I think it was prayer that finally did it. grin

Originally Posted by SSB
Good going Dave! Are you going to make the old timers run?

You know it!! grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good Job Dave! you got it waxed too so you can gain a couple mph's? keep it going. I think its about time i get mine running before they get as old as that sled.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ron, glad to hear you put one on the ground. My buddy shot a cow elk over in SW CO the first season. Nothing beats fresh elk steak at deer camp.

Taking an old friend down to the VA hospital at Tomah, WI today for a check up. Think we have 2 more appointments scheduled in the next 2 weeks.

Saturday I have a gun show, Ike Waltons fisheree and a lutefisk supper to go to. If I survive the lutefisk I'll watch the super bowel on Sunday.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 02/05/10.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Sweet!

I tried a lot of things Tom, not sure but I think it was prayer that finally did it. grin

That is usually what works for me. That or a lot of swearing and hitting stuff with a BFH. I'm not sure which of the 3 do it, because they usually all happen at the same time. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Saturday I have a gun show, Ike Waltons fisheree and a lutefisk supper to go to. If I survive the lutefisk I'll watch the super bowel on Sunday.

Ohhh. Yer gonna have sore guts. Mrs. Grizz better go shopping for the afternoon. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sweet!

That is usually what works for me. That or a lot of swearing and hitting stuff with a BFH. I'm not sure which of the 3 do it, because they usually all happen at the same time. grin

well you got me there, ok so it might now have been actual "prayer" but the word "god" may have been used a few times in my conversations with the sno jet.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We must go to the same church. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
She went to Chicago for the weekend so I'm on my own. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
So you are going to make it this weekend? I hope so it will be so fun!

Are you & Jeremy riding?

We really hope so because it sounds like we are bringing our sleds down & not too many others are actually riding.. crazy

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
She went to Chicago for the weekend so I'm on my own. grin

Look out Plover gun show. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We plan on riding if you guys come down. Who's not riding?

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, Makes No Patties broke her ass I guess. or tailbone or what ever grin (fell down I guess)

So she aint riding, I think bangflop has an old panther running for the ride (so I'll have a fellow junker to ride with smile )

Rooster & special K sold their sleds... I think the dancing Gazelle has to work.... But I'm bringing 5 sleds down, 4 regular ones & one tricked out super mod sno jet. Me, Pam & the kids are riding, weezy & runs with scissors are riding, the young barber will ride in the snow coach.

I'll toss a regular sled of ours & probably justins on the big trailer & Rooster will pull the trailer as a chase rig. That way if me and/or justin cook the vintage sleds we'll have backup sleds. Or in the case that we call a truce in the ironbutt vintage sled riding contest we'll retire the old sleds to the trailer & ride our regular boring ones grin

It's very unlikely though, I'll have a tow strap in the sno jet in case any of the other sleds break down so I can town them to the nearest road with the sno jet.

On sleds it will be you guys, my regular tribe, justin and shane. could be some of justins friends in there too I suppose.

The young indian child will ride in the sno coach with the barber. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't wait, it will be so fun. We should see if Uncle Dusty wants to join us.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
call him up! I noticed late last night I had missed a call from him on my cell. (phone don't work when I'm out in my shop, metal building)

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Gonna be a gooood time! Me, Special K and Breaks her Ass are all going to ride in the chase vehicle waiting for wounded sleds.

I have a story of a past old timers run:

My cousin Scott bought an old Rupp snowmobile in pretty nice shape. The windsheild that was on it was pretty scratched up but the guy through in a new one. (The kind you just can't find for a Rupp anymore and he was very very proud of it) So the day before the OT run, he waxes up that old red beast and puts his new windshield on and throws the other one away. Long story short he goes and returns from the run that night and finds me and his brother Daren making trails in their woods with our sleds. Well back in the day, 'ol Scott enjoyed to partake in the spirits A LOT and this day was no different. He came riding up, shuts off his extremely noisy sled and starts bragging that his RUPP made the whole run and two other guys he rode with that had newer (mid 70's cats)sleds broke down. He's slurring and laughing and bragging. In mid sentence he starts stumbling sideways and reaches out for anything to catch his fall and SNAP, SCRUNCH tip. There he is laying on the ground with his shattered windshield in his hand. We were nice enough to stand there and point and laugh at him but it got really funny when his RUPP wouldn't start. It never did again either. Apparently the noise we heard when he drove up wasn't supposed to be there but he was too sloshed to notice.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Rooster, call me on my cell during the ride if your chevy breaks down, The sno jet has a hitch from the factory, it was built for pulling.

I figure I'll probably be busy pulling arctic cats around most of the day tomorrow with the sno jet but if you get stuck or break down with the chase rig you gotta holler at me.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

dang chebbies.

that's chebbies, not CHUBBIES Roosterjim. grin

Last edited by tzone; 02/05/10.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The sno jet has a hitch from the factory, it was built for pulling.

I'm sure that is very comforting considering a Ford is expected to haul your loved ones all the way down from up nort!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 326 of 1,842 1 2 324 325 326 327 328 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.