Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And guess what?
Yesterday I get to the lake and the garage door is wide open...
I give the oldest kid the spare cell phone in the truck, take the pistol and enter the house pistol and flashlight. i clear the entire place 2 floors 4 bed-3 bath. every closet, under every bed. Very very stressfull half hour, i assure you.
last night my wife and I are in bed, not sleeping... and there is a banging on the outside of the house.
I am up, pistol in hand and into a darkend room on the houses off-side overlooking the drive. First thing i see is black male behind my wifes truck. my wife has gone (without being told) into the 5 year olds room grabbed her and has taken her down stairs to the girls room.
Then i see as he comes around the truck and sets off the motion light... A STAR! yep 2 sherriffs deputies.
I directed them thru the glass to go to the garage. I put the pistol down and and went thru the garage opening it to speak with them.
barefoot and in boxers.
both of them recognized me from meeting previously.
someone had been shooting fireworks on the lake and a neighbor called and said that they herd "shots".
Lesson to be learned.
motin lights good.
knowing the layout is your biggest tactical avantage.
meet the cops that patrol your area.
have a plan that doesnt need to be spoken when something comes up.
have a pistol of sufficiant power and know how to use it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I just have a sign on my lawn, that points at the guy's house across the street...

" THIS NEIGHBOR BELIEVES GUNS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!"

so the crooks will break into his house instead...

has worked so far...

besides, Oregon has this stupid law, courtesy of our Potland Liberals.. that you can be tried for murder if you shoot an intruder in your home or on your property... even if they were armed and trying to kill you....

No wonder the Sheriff's Office finds bodies dumped off the side of Forest Service roads several times a year..

our sheriff's dept figures for every concealed carry permit issued in this county, there are 7 to 8 people who carry that have not gotten a permit..

I admit not carrying a firearm in my car or having one loaded at my home...if I did, I'd use it.. and probably find myself in jail for murder.. just so our panty waste liberals can feel they are saving the world.. and making OREGON a safer place for everyone.. especially criminals...

Last edited by Seafire; 02/06/10.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I admit not carrying a firearm in my car or having one loaded at my home...if I did, I'd use it.. and probably find myself in jail for murder.. just so our panty waste liberals can feel they are saving the world.. and making OREGON a safer place for everyone.. especially criminals...

Check your Oregon laws. Open carry is legal in your car, except in a few local locations.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The Kel-Tec is in my pocket all the time and my lab is by my side when I answer the door.

Of course, the dog is just there to lick them and wag his tail while I get the gun unholstered...

Nice doggie! Nice doggie! smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH

Check your Oregon laws. Open carry is legal in your car, except in a few local locations.

YEAH, open carry is legal..

using it if you get threatened and have to defend your life, isn't...

our liberals don't want our criminals to be put in a threatening situation...they have 'rights' you know..

Last edited by Seafire; 02/06/10.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SEAFIRE - "... besides, Oregon has this stupid law, courtesy of our Potland Liberals.. that you can be tried for murder if you shoot an intruder in your home or on your property... even if they were armed and trying to kill you...."

Seafire, is self defense outlawed in Oregon???

Even when I lived in left liberal California, you could defend yourself in your own home without being charged with a crime.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Regarding the penetration issue, look for "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel. They have done several segments on it. The first one compared various calibers and shotgun options on drywall. The results were surprising.

Now they are shooting up everyday household stuff (bookcase, freezer) to determine what is cover and what is concealment.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Some of the best spots to keep them are on bicycle hooks above the door in closets ( loaded ) and in large vases on shelfs that you can reach your hand in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
We all know how to dial 911
Yes, but will that keep you and your loved ones alive long enough while the predatory intruders invade your home with guns and clubs?

I prefer some home protection like a 12 gauge shotgun, 45 1911, and an AR-15

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reading this thread's been a real wake up call.

I've decided to place a satellite in low orbit, over my place, with a low yield thermo-nuclear device, good to go against transgressors.

Time to bring MAD to the home defense table.

Kidding aside

I'll mention in my evening and morning prayers that I don't have to put up with the chit that an awful lotta folks posting this thread apparently do,........

Semper Vigilantes,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You didn't include your feather duster !?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
exactly right

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,920
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.