Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Its a game ranch folks....Jeeez. Too many more important things to worry about than to get ones panties in a wad over this.

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by jds44
Originally Posted by bxroads
He didn't break any laws, I could care less. You guys are wound way to tight. I personally wouldn't do it and think its goofy as hell but it certainly doesn't make me hate someone or get upset about it.

Amen. I'm guessing that spear makes a damn site bigger hole than your average arrow/broadhead combo. As long as he's practiced enough to hit what he's throwing at, go for it.

my thoughts also

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think it would be cool.. A guy in my area (very accomplished hunter) wants to spear a black bear..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Gang Spears

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
High fence elk are not for me, regardless of the method used.
+1 Looks like it is in a cow pasture. This guy is an idiot!

Kevin Haile
IC B2

STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gang Spears?

That's F%&KING nasty....

randy..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And some of you jumped on me for using a 6.8SPC on cow and raghorn elk! Sheesh...

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Gang Spears

Let's gang spear elk herds frown sick

Terribly unsporting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
go away.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by brooksrange
And some of you jumped on me for using a 6.8SPC on cow and raghorn elk! Sheesh...
Thats cause your an idiot.

How'd that go??

Bang! bang!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
ThatsThat's causebecause youryou're an idiot.

How'd that go?

Bang!bangBang!

It takes an idiot like you to make multiple spelling mistakes in one sentence! You are such a loser. grin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ahh you bit.....hahahahaha

Tell your other self Ton264 to quit following me around....

And I dont care how I spell on here Mrs. Brooksrange everybody knows what I'm saying.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ThatsThat's causebecause youryou're an idiot.

How'd that go?

Bang!bangBang!

It takes an idiot like you to make multiple spelling mistakes in one sentence! You are such a loser. grin

Grammar check nazi...........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahh you bit.....hahahahaha. MUHAHAHAHA! MOOOHAHAHAHAH! Hahaha!

What's that all about? Are you that childish? I apologized sincerely on the Campfire and you never did- get over it and move on.

P.S. I don't know who the heck this Ton person is that you refer to but I strongly suspect it's either some fluke/chance with a real guy (bad luck for him to be associated with you) or one of your buddies (who is probably as shallow as you) from that time everyone seemed to be replicating themselves a few Saturday nights ago. Either way, you deserve what you get!

As I said, I don't want to be associated with you. You are a loser.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
But I thought you were leaving........

Here....

Of course a LIE....just like all the others.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But I thought you were leaving........

Of course a LIE.....

No, read my post here: My Sincere Feelings, why I...

Reflecting these many days, I've come to realize many things.

1. I've been an active and very good member of the campfire for about 4 1/2 years; yes, four and one-half years.

2. I've recently posted (last few months) some threads that were somewhat controversial because I was frustrated with some extreme views expressed by a minority of individuals. That minority of individuals was providing very uneducated, apocaliptic one-sided answers to problems that have many root causes. For instance, wolves are a predator of elk, but they are not the only reason for the decline in the trophy elk population in some states. We are the primary predators of trophy elk. Other factors do weigh in too, and a small minority of those posters chose to completely ignore, like human population expansion, mining & oil & gas & forestry exploration creating more roads into the backcountry and thus greater access to game , pollution, poor wildlife management etc. IMHO, we need thoughtful actions that affect change to many root causes and wolves are only part of the problem. Through better game management, voting for change, spending our dollars towards uniting as hunters,regulating hunting seasons for wolves, etc. etc. we may achieve a better balance for all stakeholders and we should support associations, foundations etc. that enable that, not just complain.

3.I posted a few thoughts like the above example and then got blasted for it. I was told I was a liberal and I'm not. So I decided I'd try to play their game, by their rules and act like they do. Act like they perceived me to get under their skin. That approach obviously did not work for me, nor did it help further reduce my frustration and the frustration of most hunters, access to increasingly healthy game populations.

4(A). Clearly acting like they do (at least initially like Tom 264 did) is not right, nor appropriate, nor educated. I was wrong and I apologize. I totally lost my perspective, my moral and religious compass and I am deeply sorry.

4(B). Let me emphasize, that I was also a jerk and I should not have stooped to their level. I personally say sorry for all those that had to read the diatribe and outbursts from both Tom and me. I forgive him and I am moving on. I now say my sincere apologies to Tom too as I will feel better about that going forward.

5. I will make it up over time and hopefully, I can try to rebuild my equity over the next 4 1/2 years to celebrate my 9 year anniversary with you!

Those that stick around, I would like to be in a position to buy them a beer!

Thank you and I appreciate you for listening to me. Have a fabulous day and I really value many of you for your quick personal messages of support and especially, about not throwing it all out the window and for helping me pull it together.

God bless and God bless America,
Brooks

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think I just threw up in my mouth..... sick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by red_alder_ranch
I know people who are into REAL primitive hunting; making their own gear, practicing like crazy, developing good stalking skills, etc.

This is just a canned "hunt", with tame critters and a celebrity blowhard. The spear is not what bothers me about it.

ugh.

Took me three seasons to decide using my homemade lemonwood longbow was not productive for harvesting deer, although I managed to kill a turkey and a couple of spruce hens with it. I went back to the compound. I didn't know Allen hunted. Its a good thing. Don't care about the canned "hunt." I didn't watch the film (26K land line), but is it different than shooting an ear-tagged bison on a private ranch? I guess he coulda just pushed the live elk through a slaughterhouse disassembly line and waited on the other end, if killing it with a spear is considered poor behavior. Pictures of a slaughterhouse anyone? whistle

There are many copies.
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I don't have a problem with the spear but I don't like high-fenced hunting unless the hunter is not physically able, or the property is measured in square miles, not acres. The Bison hunts I can understand totally because it's very good meat on the table and more ethical than taking the animal to a slaughter house.

DPole,
I did electrical/lighting work in a slaughter house in KS. There is nothing like a slaughter house. It took me years to go back to eating beef from a major grocery store chain because of it and I still try to get a local producer to get beef when we can. I don't know how to explain to others what it's like working in a chop shop.....You can see and smell the "mist" for miles away..whatever that mist is...decomposing flesh??? You bring the smell and suet home on your clothes and in your hair, in your truck and on everything..even dollar bills smelled different. The fat is stuck to everything like butter rubbed on a baking pan. Working on a conveyor that was 480-VOLT, 3-Phase, with blood dripping on you is no fun. That smell is terrible. It's like the smell of a gut pile but you can't turn your head for fresh air...you just take one good breath and get used to it...or quit your job.

Watching those hombres work a knife on a full sized beef would make you wish they were out hunting with you....it took them just minutes to carve out a whole beef.

Did I mention the waste-ponds, kind of like water retention ponds, but for animal waste and biproducts?

"Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788. ME 7:36
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Killed a deer with a slingshot loaded with a marble once.

Comments?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.