-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I just recieved my new update to QL, I need to set up the Propowders file again, (to get rid of the non US powders we don't have access to) but I have forgotten on just how to do it, as it has been over 2 yrs since the last update.

Can another powder file be created using only certain powders etc besides the propowders file? I am testing/loading small case capacity calibers and only using a dozen powders or so, etc.

Thank you,
Don

"When the going gets tough,
The tough get going,
Only the weak,bitch,gripe and die"
173rd ABN,2/503 "Recon" VN 67-68
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can you locate the powder data file by using the pull down tab for "Data: Add, Change, Load, Save"?

If you select that tab and then select the "Propellent Data" and
"Create New Powder File" the program will open a table showing the location of the existing file. There are other options as well, but that should show you where the file is located. I wouldn't delete that file though. You may want to re-name it first.

You can create a new file in the same manner if you so choose, which is probably the best way to go as opposed to potentially corrupting the original file.

Good Luck!

Steve

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Steve
Thank you for the reply,
I have attempted to update and make the propowders.usa file several times, and I cannot get it done.

I must be missing a step or two, would you be so kind as to give me the exact steps on how to get this done, me and this plastic box do not see eye to eye yet.
Thank you,
Don

The tough get going,
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
propowders.usa will not work. Instead use usapowders.pro because QL will not accept the file extension .usa

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." Bertrand Russell
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H_Broemel,
Thank you for the info, tried the usapowders.pro file and I still cannot get it to work.

I know I am doing something wrong or missing a step, but I don't know which or how to do it properly.

I would greatly appreciate the correct steps.

Remember, a box of rocks is smarter than I am when it comes to this type of computer workings.
Thank you,
Don
PS, I just recieved the lastest update (from Ed), for the powders/bullets files and I see a new powder listed as RL 50, how long has this powder been out?
None of my suppliers have it or heard of it.

The tough get going,
IC B2

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
In menu "Propellant Data" and "Save active powder file as" the program will open a window showing the existing file "qloadfw.pro".
Change qloadfw.pro to usa.pro and press OK button.
In the charge window now the the new file name: "usa" is shown.
Now you can use menu Propellant data... Change data records in active file. Delete powders you do not want not see in file usa.pro .
Thats all.

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." Bertrand Russell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by nvreloader
Steve
Thank you for the reply,
I have attempted to update and make the propowders.usa file several times, and I cannot get it done.

Don

Don...

My apologies for not following up. I missed that post. Suggest perhaps calling QL, if you continue to have problems. Perhaps they can walk you through it over the phone.

Steve

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the info, Steve and H-B,
I finally got it to work correctely and have saved the info for future use if needed.

Thanks again,
Don

The tough get going,

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,207
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.