Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I bought one of these little rifles back 20 years or so. It sports mediocre accuracy and the bolt throw is strange feeling. It's been in my safe ever since and probably has 1000 rounds through it.

The other day, a poster on another forum was looking to buy a magazine for this rifle, and since I have several, I thought I would look to check prices...I nearly fell over when I saw a mag running on gunbroker for $75 with folks actively bidding the price up from there...

The rifles are also way up in price...what's the deal? Is there some hidden feature to this rifle that adds value, or has someone come up with an aftermarket barrel... why the big value jump?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good question.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Browning doesn't make an A-Bolt .22 anymore. And I'm not sure how many years that they did.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Bear is right it's because Browning doesn't make a bolt action 22 rimfire anymore. I like you have one of these and while it is an OK rifle with so-so accuracy overall I'm not overly impressed with it..................547.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought the T-Bolt was a Browning bolt action 22 rimfire?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I guess your right Kimber, let's try this, Browning doesn't make a turn bolt action rimfire anymore...how's that?................547.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've collected .22s for a long time. I have owned a few A-Bolt .22s
You're right about the magazine prices, I'm amazed at the prices people will pay for them. I just sold a pretty nice A-Bolt last Sunday for $550.00. I still have a NIB A-Bolt Gold Medallion .22 rifle. Browning makes some very good looking .22 rifles. The wood on the Gold Medallion is really nice. Accuracy seems to very with each rifle, like most .22s, ammunition can make a big difference. The one I just sold was 2 MOA gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had one in 22 Mag and had to send it back to the factory to be rebedded, still wouldn't shoot worth a darn so it went down the road.

`Bring Enough Gun`
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Ever think about selling it? I've never seen an A-Bolt Gold Medallion 22lr....I'd love to see a nice picture, Grin............547.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have an A-bolt gold medallion .22. It has average accuracy (several close then a flyer). About a year ago I started having problems with the magazine. Tried to buy one through the Canadian distributor of Browning arms. They do not make them anymore!

To put it mildly it peed me off. That the company does not provide support for the guns it sells pretty much convinced me to never purchase another Browning rifle. (I am still a big fan of the Browning Citori shotguns.)

I have been giving some thought to buying some other make of .22 rifle but to date I have decided I'm not shooting enough .22 rimfire to be bothered with another one. So, I'm just leaving the one I have in the back of the safe.

Jim

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I have an A-bolt gold medallion .22. It has average accuracy (several close then a flyer). About a year ago I started having problems with the magazine. Tried to buy one through the Canadian distributor of Browning arms. They do not make them anymore!

To put it mildly it peed me off. That the company does not provide support for the guns it sells pretty much convinced me to never purchase another Browning rifle. (I am still a big fan of the Browning Citori shotguns.)

I have been giving some thought to buying some other make of .22 rifle but to date I have decided I'm not shooting enough .22 rimfire to be bothered with another one. So, I'm just leaving the one I have in the back of the safe.

Jim

That's just the point.. Browning DOES NOT currently "sell" the rimfire A-bolts.

They discontinued them about 12 years ago..

Here in the states, I believe by law they only to provide spare parts for five years after discontinuing a product.

After that, you are on your own.

Last edited by jim62; 03/08/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My brother had a A-Bolt 22 Medallion, it had a BEAUTIFUL piece of walnut, but man that thing couldn't shoot. We were young and he traded it off. We should have taken the time to try and figure out why it wouldn't hold groups. Horrible shooter... We tried several different brands of ammo, still wouldn't hold a group.

Last edited by sako4me; 03/14/10.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 3,179 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,746
Posts18,514,559
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.