Hop To
N
Nikki Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Good evening-

My husband and I are considering a move to the Billings area and was hoping to connect with some locals who can give some good insight into employment opportunities in that area.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Nikki

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
there is a new Cabela's there? Might want to try them out!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle

Can ya make any money working the counter for Cabelas?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
??? just passing along info,Bud

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by rifle

Can ya make any money working the counter for Cabelas?

Beats the hair sandwiches a lot of people are living on right now.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinkin the same...

Come on America,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have offices in Billings and Great Falls and although we weren't hit hard with the the recession, Montana seems to lag the nations economy by about a year. I feel this year will be the toughest. High paying construction jobs continue to decline, (Bozeman/Kalispell particularly with Missoula lagging somewhat). Seems that as incomes shrink, the people who've been spending their funmun or trust funds on second homes and recreation are keeping their money in the banks or under the bed. Looks like it would be pretty easy to find a $7.00/hr. job around here but as you go up the pay scale competition for those jobs increases tremendously. If Billings is where you want to land, look on line at the Billngs Gazette and see the jobs listed and maybe come out for week and look around. Good luck on your decision.

P.S. I've been to Cabela's there and it is nice but like the one's in Nebraska and for lunch I prefer the Hog Wild Cafe! wink

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
What kind of skills do you have? Machinists -- both manual and CNC can find work.

N
Nikki Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Husband has 10+ years experience in oil, lab technician and operator for refineries and plants - I am an accountant with Business Management degree as well so I am flexible

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Billings had numerious refineries and plants in the area.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
IC B3

M
M
There is Conoco, Exxon, and Cenex refineries in the area. I work around the refineries and powerplants quite often. Things are a little slow right now on the construction end. He could probably check with the companies and find out what they are looking for. Since you will be driving west why not stop in western North Dakota. The oilfield is starting to fire up again there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,855
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.