Print Thread
Hop To
M
Moses Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Behind my house is 250 acres of woods with a winding power line down the middle. On the other side of the acreage is a not so nice area. I like to walk/jog on the powerline. I have a concealed carry and carry while exercising here. I cannot make the carry comfortable. It does not have to be concealed. CZ P07 Duty. It bounces around. Any suggestions?

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
A great holster and belt will go a LONG way, as will something lighter.

Milt Sparks or Alessi holster, good belt by the same, and perhaps something along the lines of a S&W 442.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Moses
It does not have to be concealed. CZ P07 Duty. It bounces around. Any suggestions?

Get another matching one and wave them around like HeavyHands?

At least that will make the folks in the not so nice area steer clear.

Or some kind of shoulder rig?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I believe that a pancake style holster would help with that. After you've worn one for a while, they tend to conform to the body, and not move around very much.

A snug fit on a proper belt is also a must.

Last edited by gwindrider1; 02/09/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have just the remedy for your exercising needs! It is called a double harness shoulder holster set up for a pair of 1911's carrying 4 clips full of ammo, 2 clips on each side.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As was said, maybe you just need a more quality rig. Snug fit is a must for any vigorous activity, otherwise you spend all your time worrying about your piece flopping around instead of getting the exercise you need. Kind of like your Johnson. You want a jock so you don't have to worry about it flopping around while you're running... smirk

Anyhoo, have you tried a fanny pack? That might work better than a conventional holster. There are several made specifically for concealed carry-even though you said concealment isn't an issue.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Behind my house is 250 acres of woods with a winding power line down the middle. On the other side of the acreage is a not so nice area. I like to walk/jog on the powerline. I have a concealed carry and carry while exercising here. I cannot make the carry comfortable. It does not have to be concealed. CZ P07 Duty. It bounces around. Any suggestions?
For prolonged vigorous physical activity in comfort while carrying, you really need a super light gun, like Titanium or Scandium.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What is Clint Smith's adage, "a concealed handgun isn't meant to be comfortable, it's meant to be comforting." That goes double when you are exercising.

I don't run anymore unless somethings chasing me, but for walking trails this Kelty Sling Bag has worked real well. I usually just sling it over my shoulder, but it works just as well across the chest in a bandoleer position, which may be better suited for jogging. It has an internal hard Velcro backside, but I use a 10" Boyt kidney shaped case that fits perfectly inside, it secures my 1911, Buckmark, and CZ75 PCR. Bag does not scream concealed weapon, lots of pockets for wallet, keys, knife, i-pod. Ideal would be the super lightweight revolver you could carry in your pocket, but for $50, the sling pack may be worth a try. Compact CZ's are great, but off the rack holsters are hard to come by.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by rkamp; 02/09/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A small tightly fitted lumbar pack as made by Mountainsmith may work. It fits in the small of the back rather than than on the hips and snugged down won't bounce around...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
M
Moses Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
What about the thigh rigs? When I strap a belt around my waist tight enough to hold a holster in place it becomes uncomfortably tight for sweaty activity. Fanny packs bounce. A backpack is OK, just kind of large to carry a pistol.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How about a nice Buscadero tie-down rig?

Seriously, you might want to take a look the SWAT holsters.

"Every country has the government it deserves." - Joseph de Maistre
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have thousands of hours wearing drop leg "swat" type holsters. Short version is, don't waste your money. They are not comfortable to run in and you would look like a complete tool jogging with a drop leg on.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
How about a pair of N-frame snubbies in ankle holsters? They'll double as ankle weights and you'll be in shape that much faster wink

On the serious side, I would go with a belly bag or another pouch type device used by runners to carry water bottles, food, personal ID, and what not. That kind of equipment is made to conform to your body as you move. Then put your pistol or revolver in a pocket holster so it won't get fouled with lint or dirt inside the bag. Won't be the fastest to draw from, but will be easier to lug around.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have thousands of hours wearing drop leg "swat" type holsters. Short version is, don't waste your money. They are not comfortable to run in and you would look like a complete tool jogging with a drop leg on.

Are you saying The Phantom looked silly?
Unless the gun is held tightly to the body, it is just going to beat you. There may not be a good solution. You may have to settle for the best compromise.

"Every country has the government it deserves." - Joseph de Maistre

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,397
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.