Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Does anyone know which distributor had a special run of T/C Triumphs with real stainless steel barrels(not weathershield)? I tried calling T/C, the girl on the phone confirmed that they had made them but didn't know which distributor it was.

FWIW, I looked at a used triumph weathershield at Kittery Trading Post, externally in great shape, but the bore was so rusty that you couldnt even get the breach plug out. So, weathershield may not be that great an idea as t/c doenst seem to tell people that the bore is still highly prone to corrosion.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd venture to say that a rusted bore to that degree is the product of user error (failure to clean the bore, otherwise know as lack of common sense), and has nothing to do with Weathershield since we all know they don't put it in the bore. Or on the breechplug.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Partridge
Does anyone know which distributor had a special run of T/C Triumphs with real stainless steel barrels(not weathershield)? I tried calling T/C, the girl on the phone confirmed that they had made them but didn't know which distributor it was.

FWIW, I looked at a used triumph weathershield at Kittery Trading Post, externally in great shape, but the bore was so rusty that you couldnt even get the breach plug out. So, weathershield may not be that great an idea as t/c doenst seem to tell people that the bore is still highly prone to corrosion.

The stainless barreled Triumpths were shipped to 2 distributors.

Bass Pro...T-C product #8517 black stock with stainless barrel

Pacific Flyway Distributors...T-C product # 8518 Camo stock with stainless barrel.
They are located in Utah...phone# 801-977-0202 ( hope the # is still good)

You may want to consider "Ultra Bore coating" your new rifle barrel to protect the bore from the elements.

Doc

Last edited by Doctor_Encore; 02/15/10.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
weathershield is only applied on the OUTSIDE of the barrel.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bigblock455
weathershield is only applied on the OUTSIDE of the barrel.

BigBlock,

This question seems to re-occur here that a ML rifle that has a protective coating such as "Weathershield" means that you don't have to care of the inside of the barrel as well as the outside. crazy crazy

Having delt with the customer service "GALS" at T-C over the years at the end of their workday they WONDER that some of the shooters/hunters they talk to are allowed to own GUNS. I hear this frequently from the gals. shocked

Doc

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
same thing goes for the savage rifle. just because it shoots smokeless, they think they dont have to clean them. My 30-30 rusted up due to me thinking the samething. Got to clean and take care of them! If you dont, dont whine and cry about it turning to crap.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Stainless steel is not immune to rust either.if not properly cleaned and oiled they can in fact rust also.i have never seen the need for a SS barrel here where i live and have owned many pistols and rifles.cleaned properly plain old blued barrels will last a lifetime.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Doc Encore, thanks for the distributor info. FYI, the phone number for pacific flyway is incorrect. A nice fella named James would rather not be bothered by the calls. No luck so far with either source. Anyone have a stainless triumph that they want to part with?

Like those of you who responded, I realize the only way to prevent barrel corrosion is thru proper care. This applies to stainless as well. I wish they guy who traded in that Triumph had known that...My point of looking for a triumph with a real stainless barrel is because having a excellent finish on the visible parts of a firearm does not give you any indication or warning of what is going on inside...until it is way too late and the damage is done. I would gladly pay a bit more for real stainless vs a finish that only works on 1/2 of the exposed surfaces.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Partridge,

Pacific Flyway Distributors
7035 High Tech Dr.
Midvale, utah

801-304-4300

They are a subsidery of Sportsman Wharehouse, a retail outlet in the western states.

Doc

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yes, I would like to have a stainless barrel on my Triumph also. How much more does it cost over the Weathershield model. Why doesnt Bass pro list the Stainless models on their Website?

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (338Rules, 38HBWC, 35, 4th_point, 8 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,021
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.