-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 333 of 1,842 1 2 331 332 333 334 335 1841 1842
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Chickenbuck was fun this weekend, even if it wasn't a 'planned' trip.

Always nice to see Uncle Dusty. Always nice to escape the stress, the reality, the worries of all that is and go to Camp Chickenbuck for awhile. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well hi Mrsnotherndave. Haven't heard from you on here for awhile.

Glad you had a nice weekend.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Speaking of "not heard from in awhile"....I have been mucho busy on the house. For the last 3 weeks, I have been at it every day and nite. Whew. Kinda fun though. Prolly have a week or 2 left at this pace and then we can think of moving in sometime in early March. Turning out good too.

Cole Update:
Cole had a scan last Friday and NO NEW GROWTHS!!!!!!!! This is really good since his cancer is so aggressive. He is still undergoing chemo and will be until next summer. It is really hard on him, but he does have good days once in awhile too. There are 2 little spots on his lungs which the doctors said might not even be cancer. At this point, things are going as well as can be hoped for.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, Fishing out at the Banana-Buck Palace was slow yesterday. Thanks Dave, That wind was Horrendous out there. People trying to set up portables all over and the wind blowing them down then leaving just as quick. We only had 1 keeper, finally gave up about 3:30. Thanks for letting us use it again, We both like that size of house. can move and plenty of room for fishing! We just wished the Snow Shoe Grog was full! We needed it to pass the time.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah Tzone, I usually just stay in the background, watch and read often but don't post.

Berettaman, I remember the hustle and bustle of building our house. Although its quite small and simple, when you do almost everything yourself it does keep you busy. I think it took us about a year to build the house. Dave, the kids and I would go after work and on weekends to get done what we could, so that's probably why it took so long. I think the only things we hired out were the sheetrocking, concrete and sewer/well. When friends/relatives would come to help, we'd almost jump out of our skin with excitement. Long year but it was worth it and I wouldn't have done it any other way. Dave was very patient with me but I think he kinda had too be. wink

Glad to hear about Cole. I continue to pray for that little guy. He's in good hands. smile

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Cole Update:
Cole had a scan last Friday and NO NEW GROWTHS!!!!!!!! This is really good since his cancer is so aggressive. He is still undergoing chemo and will be until next summer. It is really hard on him, but he does have good days once in awhile too. There are 2 little spots on his lungs which the doctors said might not even be cancer. At this point, things are going as well as can be hoped for.

Great to hear from you. I was wondering about Cole the other day, but was afraid to ask.

The house deal is stressful and fun at the same time. I'm finishing mine so I can sell it. crazy Don't know how much you've been following this or not, but we're moving back to MN. T/C area. So we're doing the house thing too.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, I have been a Skimmer here the last month or so. Quickly hit the posts in the 30 secs I have alotted for internet time. I followed the SnoJet saga, that was great. I love seeing those old time sleds. We used to ride many of them. Oh, it would be fun to ride a Merc again.

Tzone, glad to hear you are leaving cheeseland. I have a plethora (is this the first time "plethora" has been used on this topic???) of contacts in the TC. If you need a realtor or anything let me know and I can set you up.

Mrs. ND, we arent doing as much as you guys did. We did window wells, general cleanup, staining/varnishing of everything, painting, and tiling. Right now we are in the middle of tiling. We have 6 rooms to do (all small); mudroom, laundry, pantry, entry, main bath, master bath. Then the 2 showers. Tiling takes a long time; longer than I expected. We have done 2 houses in the past, but never this much at one time. I already LOVE my infloor heat in the garage.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, was kinda wondering where you been. Glad to hear the house is coming along. Good news about Cole too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Underfloor heat is awesome!!!

Now I've gotta work on Dave for the addition!! Since we worked so well together the first time around, should be a breeze this time. whistle

Glad to hear your house is moving right along. I'm happy for you guys.

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Tiling takes a long time; longer than I expected. We have done 2 houses in the past, but never this much at one time. I already LOVE my infloor heat in the garage.

You got that right. Just did the bathroom downstairs, and the laundry room. It takes a while. But man does it look nice, too nice. I'm doing it in our next house it looks so friggin nice. smile

I(we) did every thing ourselves that wouldn't get someone killed. So HVAC, Electrical, and taping/mudding sheetrock all got farmed out. I pulled the electrical, installed the recepticals and switches, but mr. electrician hooked them up because me and electric don't get along.

I put up the sheetrock, but had someone else come and tape, mud, and spray it, because if I did it I would shoot someone. I don't have the patients for it. It was 1K to have someone tape, mud, and spray the rock in 1100 sf, + the ceiling. I would have got mad and burned my house down. grin

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Underfloor heat is awesome!!!

Now I've gotta work on Dave for the addition!! Since we worked so well together the first time around, should be a breeze this time. whistle

Glad to hear your house is moving right along. I'm happy for you guys.

Geeze....Wheezy will be moved out in a few years, you'll have all kinds of room. No need to add on. What's the rush. grin

Run Dave, run, I'll cover for ya. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have radiant heat in the basement and my garage. What's nice is that I have two separate thermostats. I keep the basement set between 60 and 62 (it heats about 5-8 degrees warmer than what it's set to for whatever reason) and I keep the garage at about 40-45. With some heat bleeding off from the house it keeps the garage between 60-65. At least until the garage door gets opened. smile

I love radiant heat. Nothing like walking in the basement in socks and feeling warmth beneath your feet!

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, I have infloor radiant heat in the basement too (hydronic). Then in the 2 bathrooms, we put electric radiant heat under the tile (just the 3'X10' mat from Home Depot or Menards).

Just got good news, the garage doors, which werent supposed to be in until mid March, are right this very minute being installed!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good to hear things are going well on your house.

Very glad to hear the good news about Cole. He is in my prayers.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Muffy, I see you're still with us. Feeling better today?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Driving your own nails is fun.I built my own house once.Kind of a camp chickenbuck but it was my full time residence until I met Mz. Linda.She loved the place.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well Bill I'm still kicking I guess. laugh

Still not feeling all that well, can't wait to feel normal again.

Spent all day at home. Our cable was out for about 4 hours today. Good thing I bought a new book to read last week. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
swish- just wanted in on page 666

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ha....I got 333 smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
me too, and like you pam I read everyday, but don't post as often.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 333 of 1,842 1 2 331 332 333 334 335 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.