-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In one of my recent hunting magazines there was an ad for the new Blacks Creek Barbarian Featherlight pack. Looks kind of cool in the pictures, supposed to weigh about 6lbs. or so. Can attach gun/bow, supposed to be for heavy loads, partly made out of Dyneema fabric.

Anybody seen the ad or better yet actually seen the pack itself? Not sure if its even out yet, kind of looks like a Sitka Bivy 45 really but a little less costly.

Thinking of a new pack for next year and never had a Blacks Creek product.
Anyone out there seen this pack or the ad? I've attached a picture.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Attached Images
web-puzzle[1].jpg (51.57 KB, 1052 downloads)

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have not seen that one but my ex BC Alaskan pack was awesome! BC makes a decent imported pack, and will back it up.

MtnHtr

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I don't think they are out yet. I have seen several pictures. The outside pocket is advertised as an optics pocket that weighs one pound. The pack weight is advertised at 6.6 pounds, so about 6 pounds 10 ounces. If you remove the optics pounch it is minus one pound of that total weight. It looks ok in the pictures, but I have never used a Blacks Creek.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
i had the opportunity to use one of the first Featherlight packs from Blacks Creek this year on a sheep hunt. The pack is awesome, lightweight, very well made and extremely comfortable with heavy loads. My sheep hunt was a pack in hunt for 9 days, living off our back. im thankful i was able to take that pack. they should be out in february and i hear they will be in limited supply. you can check out the specs and pre order them at www.RidgelineOutdoors.com for $289.99 with free shipping right now.

travis

Last edited by orion23; 12/24/09.

T.Brown
It's a great pack. . . fits very well, has good capacity and access, lots of straps and some very clever designs including a gun sling and rain fly . . . very durable and i really like the fit and the suspension system. It's fully adjustable which is huge if youre actually trying to carry a load with the thing. . .

I think it's hard one to beat in this price range!

Tony Bynum
www.tonybynum.com
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple of questions for you guys that have seen or actually used this pack???? I have only seen a couple of photos of this pack, how is the layout of the pack? Is it more of a rucksack style ( one large compartment and a couple very small compartments) or a couple of med size compartments and some smaller compartments? Is this 4500ci pack big enough for a week trip or for packing into a spike camp? Just wondering?? Please let me know...A PM or general message, Thanks!

a week long trip - i have always had a tough time with that question as every situation is different. . . things like, location, time of year, how many in the party, what's your water source, what's the cooking situation like, what kind of bag do you have to have, etc. If youre talking early season solo hunt in mild temps you could do it, if youre talking late season rocky mountains solo, youre going to be challenged . . .

It is one large compartment, with a "zipout" in the middle that allows the entire pack to be open and used as one big bag. The top pack is also a fanny pack. There is a zippered back panel and two removable side bags. There's lost of way to strap gear on it and you can hang load a bag or your tent at on the outside below the pack if that suits you.

I'd take it for a week if i had a buddy and i know i was not going to need extra coats, pants, and a 4 season tent. . .

I know the guys at BC are putting together some videos, and i think they might put them up on youtube, maybe travis can comment on that. . .

Tony

Tony Bynum
www.tonybynum.com
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Sorry it took so long to get back. Basically Tony nailed it. the large compartment can be two or a zip out devider for 1 large one. the top has a couple small compartments for the stuff that you need to get to quick and easy.

i used it on a 8 day sheep hunt that was in the wilderness of idaho. no roads, so we were living off our backs. there were two of us and it was late summer so clothing was minimal.

it will be very hard to beat for the price, cubic inches, weight, and warranty. and i cant forget comfort.

travis.

T.Brown

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 39 invisible), 1,342 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,549
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.