Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What PM's?

Besides, Paul is all for national defense, just not for maintaining bases in 120 countries around the world at our own cost, or fighting undeclared wars. I happen to agree with him on the former, but disagree on the latter, as IMO authorization for the war was given by Congress, however weak it might have been. Others have different opinions on that subject, and we've heard them all.

Last edited by mike762; 02/21/10.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OlyWa

It's the water....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan V
And defense is a huge difference my man......I never said RP is an idiot. I think his followers are!

Don't believe all the PM's you get.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I'm not an idiot.

Did it ever occurr to you that those people you see as idiots are ones that never participated in the political process to begin with until Ron Paul got his message out? Perhaps something he said resonated with them that they never heard from the usual suspects in politics.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You can't have a small government, low taxes, no deficit spending, and all that while spending the better part of one trillion dollars a year on two wars in two different foreign countries.

It is a logical disconnect to even suggest that you can do it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, you're in your mid 20's, or you simply haven't been compelled to participate in the process and let someone else take the lead?

All American

All the time
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in my mid-40s and have been voting since Reagan's second term.

You've obviously missed my point which was an observation of RP's younger and rather enthuiastic supporters that seems to gain the attention of his detractors rather than RP's message of smaller govt.

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right. Were I as successful as RP has been in Congress I'd be courting the young/never been involved in politics before and I don't believe the American military should be as strong as it is, too.

What is your point?

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You stated have a problem RP because of some of his supporters and not his positions. There's no logic in that.

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
You stated have a problem RP because of some of his supporters and not his positions. There's no logic in that.

Well, you need a re-do on the reading of your statement.....but, if I've got your code down I think you'll find that RP's positions are attractive to the young, naive follower that idolizes your man.

Much worse than the young and naive are the mature, uneasy in today's troubled world American citizen who think RP is the new dude for hope and change. I mean, where have y'all been?

All American

All the time
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
New dude for hope and change? How about a reversion back to the Constitution? We "mature, uneasy" are tired of having our wealth taxed from us, our savings inflated away, and our progeny saddled with ever icreasing debt. We see no one willing to speak to reducing or changing that, only to slow it down, with the exception of a very few, one of whom is Ron Paul.

Paul may be a weak vessel to carry the message, but at least he carries it, unlike supposed stronger messengers like McCain. Unfortunately for us, most such as McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich et al are in favor of modifying and "improving" existing government programs, which will not solve the problem, it will only kick it down the road for a few more years and end up at the same destination.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bro, I agree with fiscal responsibility and I don't want any of the old guard (Gingrich, Huckabee, Newt, etc) at the top of the Republican ticket.....but, you can't ignore defense! Come on!! Some of y'all need to pull your heads out of the dark.....RP may make a Treasurer Sec but never a POTUS.

All American

All the time
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762
What PM's?

Besides, Paul is all for national defense, just not for maintaining bases in 120 countries around the world at our own cost, or fighting undeclared wars. I happen to agree with him on the former, but disagree on the latter, as IMO authorization for the war was given by Congress, however weak it might have been. Others have different opinions on that subject, and we've heard them all.
Congress didn't pretend to declare war. Proof of that is that when Ron Paul put a declaration of war before them, they scoffed. What Congress did was pretend to transfer the power of declaring war from themselves over to the executive branch of government, but only a constitutional amendment may lawfully shift powers from one branch of government to the other.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.....but, you can't ignore defense! Come on!! Some of y'all need to pull your heads out of the dark.....

The Us spends more on Defense than every other country in the world COMBINED. Our closest competitor, China, spends about 1/10th what we do.

Do I want a strong military,..dam right I do. But I sure as hell don't think it's our responsibility to protect the rest of the world on our dime as we let other countries spend their resources on their economy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Ever hear of throwing pearls before swine? That's a hint. Don't waste your key strokes interacting with StanV.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
.....but, you can't ignore defense! Come on!! Some of y'all need to pull your heads out of the dark.....

The Us spends more on Defense than every other country in the world COMBINED. Our closest competitor, China, spends about 1/10th what we do.

Do I want a strong military,..dam right I do. But I sure as hell don't think it's our responsibility to protect the rest of the world on our dime as we let other countries spend their resources on their economy.

+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Ever hear of throwing pearls before swine? That's a hint. Don't waste your key strokes interacting with StanV.

Or, you can make a list of campfire RPeeer's and decide if you want to wallow with pigs, or not. grin

All American

All the time
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Stan....Newt's star is going to rise.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mike762
What PM's?

Besides, Paul is all for national defense, just not for maintaining bases in 120 countries around the world at our own cost, or fighting undeclared wars.

Mike, you know the military can't function without forward bases, or an intel agency (he's called for abolishing the intel apparatus, as well). Load up and pull out of SWA....yeah, that's a good plan to defend America. Weakness and retreat would be guarantees of more attacks on us and our allies.

And his BS about just abolishing the income tax and the central bank are just silliness.

he says a lot of good stuff, but so does Glenn Beck. He says too much ridiculous stuff to be taken as a serious man or a serious candidate.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was not a follower of RP and I am not now. But, he does say what I think for the most part. Mr. RP and I differ on some of the defense issues but I'm with him on many of the others. So is it better to be mostly right than to be mostly wrong just because you don't like the personality who's delivering the message? RP and Glen Beck are on track. I'm hoping the big government (including the RINO's) and liberal left retards are feeling the heat that is sneaking up from behind. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
I was not a follower of RP and I am not now. But, he does say what I think for the most part. Mr. RP and I differ on some of the defense issues but I'm with him on many of the others. So is it better to be mostly right than to be mostly wrong just because you don't like the personality who's delivering the message? RP and Glen Beck are on track. I'm hoping the big government (including the RINO's) and liberal left retards are feeling the heat that is sneaking up from behind. kwg
Be careful not to get your information about Ron Paul's national defense stance from his avowed enemies.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,472
Posts18,529,377
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.