Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
pjf Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Like most Americans, I am in favor of mandatory health insurance. Health insurance is like auto insurance. If more people subscribe to it, the lower premiums will cost. That is why most states require auto insurance. Many gun clubs require NRA membership because accident insurance comes with our NRA memberships. This NRA insurance lowers the cost of operating the range and lowers the dues. The same economics applies to health insurance. The more that have health insurance, the lower the premiums will be.

Some argue that mandatory insurance is unnecessary government intrusion. Like most Americans, I have a family to protect. If mandatory insurance helps me protect my family at a lower cost, I am for it.

Most Americans need this insurance. You can be a safe driver and be hit by an uninsured driver. Similarly, you can be healthy one day and catch H1N1 the next day. Without insurance, other taxpayers or those with insurance are paying your medical costs with higher taxes and premiums. Today, we are paying exorbitant emergency medical costs for those who are not insured. Mandatory health insurance will provide cheaper preventative care and spread the costs between many more subscribers.

I agree that there is a lot of pork in the health care reform bills that we have heard about. Removing that pork should be the legislative priority. Republican legislators should be helping the Democrats fix the health care bill instead of finding excuses to obstruct needed reform. Instead of demanding pork for our votes, we should graciously reach across the aisle.

Are there others out there who agree?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pjf
Like most Americans, I am in favor of mandatory health insurance.

How far up your ass did you have to look to come up with that "fact"?

Otto is my co-pilot.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Here you go, mandatory viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBaSP31Be8

Kent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by pjf
Without insurance, other taxpayers or those with insurance are paying your medical costs with higher taxes and premiums. Today, we are paying exorbitant emergency medical costs for those who are not insured.

Ever consider that some people actually pay their own medical bills?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rusty25
Originally Posted by pjf
Without insurance, other taxpayers or those with insurance are paying your medical costs with higher taxes and premiums. Today, we are paying exorbitant emergency medical costs for those who are not insured.

Ever consider that some people actually pay their own medical bills?

I pay cash for mine out a HSA. Funny thing. When I pay I get about a 25% discount right on the spot. I had knee surgery that was priced at $8k with insurance knocked down to $5k on the spot for paying with a check out the HSA.

When I go to the pharmacist and buy insulin I pay $12 less per bottle than those with a prescription plan.

So those with "big" insurance thanks I guess lol.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by pjf
Are there others out there who agree?

Considering the fact that 84% of Americans are satisfied with their health insurance, and I'm one of them, I'd say relatively few agree.
Like most Americans?. Laffin......

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
NathanL, we just had some tests done for my daughter, and we saved 40% by paying for it, instead of them billing my insurance. Tim.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Insurance companies are precisely why everything is priced so high. You use car insurance as an example. Have you ever tried to buy body parts from a wrecking yard? Many won't sell to a private party anymore because insurance will pay so much more for the part. If they sell to you at all, you have to buy the whole door just for the handle. Insurance is the reason. Making it mandatory does not reduce the price. Now they have you captive and can charge what they want. Prices fall when people are free to negotiate. If the seller won't deal, they offer a better priced product or they disappear and somebody else comes up with it. Free market, get the government out of the way!

This is directed to the original poster.

Last edited by medefries; 02/23/10.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Try petroleum jelly on your ears.You might be able to get your head farther up your @ss.You are in the minority.Now spit out the kool-ade.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
-1 !?! I think most Americans are against mandated ANYTHING. Mandates are made by tyrants.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pjf
If more people subscribe to it, the lower premiums will cost. That is why most states require auto insurance.

You're right, living in a state with mandatory auto insurance does cost since it removes a key player (known as "no thanks") from the competition.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You gotta be kidding me? How much farther left can you think? If/when Hussein gets this "mandatory" bill through, guaranteed it will be rendered unconstitutional as soon as the dems get voted out.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Manditory health insurance does not lower costs. Look at Massachusetts lovely health care situtation. Also, manditory auto insurance isn't really...If you don't want to carry auto insurance, don't own a car.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
"Like most Americans"....? Pull your head out and start thinking for yourself instead spouting sound bites from CNN...I don't know what America you live in but it ain't mine...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it just me or am I the only who rejects and dislikes the word mandatory period?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dude...that's pretty funny...Cost goes down???

I guess you haven't been paying attention to one of the better news stories related to the debacle of the health care bill...FYI...Secret meetings were held with the lobbyists of the major drug companies & agreements were made as to the re-importation of drugs...(The VA does this to lower costs)...the major drug companies were given "guarantees" by the Obama administration against this practice (among others) in order for drug companies to continue to reap huge profits & entice them to pay for tv advertisements backing the need for public heath insurance...
There was a guy on NPR talking about this yesterday.
So much for transparency.
IMHO, this cry for National Health Care from the govt. is nothing more than a bunch of crooks behind closed doors making deals for personal gain...Should be able to sent the bunch of them to jail under the RICO statutes.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pjf
Like most Americans, I am in favor of mandatory health insurance.
LMAO.. Drinking that Kool-Aid a bit early this morning, eh?

(now, just WHERE did I leave that bowl of popcorn.....)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pjf
Like most Americans, I am in favor of mandatory health insurance. Health insurance is like auto insurance.

Wow...

Trolling

Gotta love it

T

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This was an unpaid political announcement brought to you by the left-wing, Kool-Aid drinking blogosphere of AmerKastan.

Steve

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 18,753 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,970
Posts18,539,886
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.