Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Marlin 336 .30-30, purchased used several years back. Have carried it while hunting but never pulled the trigger.

You hunt with a gun you haven't sighted in?

Oh boy.

[Linked Image]

That was my thought also... wow.... talk about giving the sport a bad name....

HR IC

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Marlin 336 .30-30, purchased used several years back. Have carried it while hunting but never pulled the trigger.

You hunt with a gun you haven't sighted in?

Oh boy.

[Linked Image]

That was my thought also... wow.... talk about giving the sport a bad name....

Yep. Thus my "WTF?".

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Well some of you make me feel better. 10years ago I would have considered it blasphemy. But Now I am busier and cannot always get out as much as I want to. Either that our its just too wet to take out a beautiful rifle. Have just picked up a Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle yesterday and today its raining cats and dogs. So That one I will be taking out as soon as the weather permits.

So the count stands:
22lr X3 (Cooper, CZ, and marlin 39a)
243 X1 (Rem700)
223 X6 (ARx5, Kimber Montana)Found a really good deal on the AR's
12ga X4 (BenelliM4, Win1897, a savage pump and SXS)
7RM x1 (Win70)
SKS
35rem (Marlin 336)
45acpX2 (Colt New Service? and USS 1911)
45LC (Verginia Dragoon)
Could probably dig out another one or two if I dug hard enough.
Thats Kinda depressing.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He has to mean he has not killed anything with it yet or shot at an animal.......I hope.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only 2 ...one is a 22 lr Marlin Model 70 that I tricked out for a friend then he needed to sell it for money probs. The other is a 25 auto Beretta that was passed down to me from my wifes grandpa.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So is Virgin gun never shot or is it a gun which has never killed anything?

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

J
jbuck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I guess it means something different to everyone. In the context I was asking I ment one that was not shot by you yet.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i hunt every firearm i own, every year. if a rifle/shotgun doesn't get hunted in a year (or at max 2), i give it to one of my kids/inlaws/grandkids. as i age i want less. i'd rather see guns go to younger folks who can grow old with them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Rifles...just one as I rarely buy new guns but last summer bought a Winchester 1885 Sporter in .405 Winchester...still has the tag on it.

Bob

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I just picked up a 1990 model 700 mountain rifle in 243 at a swap meet on Sunday. I have not shot it yet. that will change as soon as the snow is gone or at least melts a little more.
Rick

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BobinNH
None. They all get shot or they get sold.

+1..They get shot or off they go.

As for coyote Hunter, I'm sure he meant that he never killed anything with it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Once I went almost a month, but only because it was a new centerfire that showed up a couple days before muzzleloader season and I didn't want to take time off hunting to go to the rifle range.

Usually a new gun comes home, gets optics, gets a trigger job, and goes to the range that same day ... unless it got dark too early, then it's a first thing next morning deal.

Well ... ok, I guess I do have one "virgin" gun. It doesn't have a stock though, just a barreled action. I could shoot it but it might get sorta exciting in a sorta bad way.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have a few that I need to shoot.

Underwood M1 carbine (keeps hiding behind the doorframe of the safe) bought last yr from CMP

Marlin 39A Golden Mountie (needed scope rail holes redrilled)

Winchester 1897 Trench gun (wifes grandad's) MIL just gave it to me)

Colt Police Positive, NIB from 1919 (with original box of ammo) Wife's Grandad's again, MIL gave it to me last yr. It's unfired, so I'll never fire it either)

Beretta .25, buddy gave it to me couple of yrs ago... never felt like shooting it

Braverman Pen Gun, 22LR... buddy gave me that one too, I keep forgetting that I have it, someday I'll have to try it.

I think that's it. Spring's comin'. Time to get them ready.

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None now. Have sold four that I can remember without ever firing them. Two were bought in stores but two were purchased from private individuals who had never fired them either.

All four were bought 'cause being LH bolt rifles I figured the particular models were scarce and could be discontinued - which they were.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess there are two in the house that haven't been shot yet, Ruger LCR .38 Special that I got for my birthday a couple weeks ago, it'll get shot some this weekend. Wife was given her grandpa's old JC Higgins 12 guage pump for our wedding, I cleaned it up of the rust, snake oiled the stock, and stuck it in the safe a couple months ago. She'll probably dove hunt with it this coming fall.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
UnFIRED?! Seriously? I thought this thread would be about unblooded rifles.

Uh... none. Can't even imagine owning a gun and not shooting the snot out of it.

I do have one very egregious unblooded rifle- my wonderful .338 WM. And my BLR in .325 also. Those are the only two that have been hunted significantly but never drawn blood.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Well ... ok, I guess I do have one "virgin" gun. It doesn't have a stock though, just a barreled action. I could shoot it but it might get sorta exciting in a sorta bad way.

Tom

So its a naked vergin?:)

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hotsoup
i hunt every firearm i own, every year. if a rifle/shotgun doesn't get hunted in a year (or at max 2), i give it to one of my kids/inlaws/grandkids. as i age i want less. i'd rather see guns go to younger folks who can grow old with them.

I wish more grandparents, etc. would do this. I was the only grandchild on both sides of my family that was really interested in firearms and several were promised to me when they passed. Not wanting to sound selfish I would have liked to enjoyed them some when my grandparents were still around.

Out of probably a dozen that were supposed to be mine I received one and that was only after a fight. The others most likely ended up in a pawn shop, as most of my relatives were/are worse than a pack of wolves.

Life is just one damned thing after another
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sounds like some my family. When my grandpa passed away last August he told my dad and my uncle that they could have his guns. They are the only 2 that hunted out of the 6 kids. well the 3 low life individuals were at the house the day before he passed away and got everything worth while including the guns. Now my dad and uncle have nothing from him in the way of guns and they are all probably down the road like you said. My dad and uncle never pushed the issue cause they did not want to fight.

How low do you have to be to start taking chit before a guy is even dead.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I shoot them all.

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmCreedmoor, 007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.