Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have sent several emails to beretta inquiring about parts for tikka's and other questions, never got an answer back. I even wrote a letter to them, with hand written addressed envelope, no answer. The lights are on but noone is home at beretta. if any gunwriters or any other people make contact with beretta reps, tell them they suck.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree, Beretta does SUCK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup I agree, from both personal experience and my local gun dealer.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Huge beretta fan BUT must agree that customer service does suck thank god only have had one issue with all the Berettas I own.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a friend that has sent a Silver Pigeon in twice. Was kept nearly a year both times and is still not right.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a band new 686 Silver Essential. First shot fired the stock split where it was inletted around the back of the action.

Sent it back. Waited 6 months and it came back. They used epoxy to fill the crack on a brand new gun that had been fired once and the opposite side of the stock was ruined now because they stuck it in what looked like a regular metal vise, you could see the XXX pattern where it was tightened up.

The local gun dealer sent I don't know how many emails, letters, and calls to Beretta to find out about becoming a Sako dealer and never heard back from them.

Otto is my co-pilot.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dealing with them on phone isn't going to be any better either, more likely much worse.

Would suggest a sandwich and beverage for the phone transfers and wait, if you even get lucky enough to be transfered.

Added: Two local dealers have quit stocking anything under their umbrella, and will only order if they can find a distributor 'in stock' with specifically what you want.

Last edited by remseven; 02/26/10.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Based upon personal experience I'd say you guys are giving Beretta too much credit.

I went through the deal with Beretta for years until I finally had enough of it several years ago and sold every Beretta I owned. Haven't regretted that in the least. Their designs are typically good (but not always), as are their materials (usually), but their quality control and customer service definitely SUCK!!!!!! Beretta is sitting fat on government contracts and a no-longer-deserved reputation for quality. I never thought I'd say this about a gun manufacturer, but I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would (will) make the world a better place in which to live.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friend of mine sued them over some issue he had with some semi-auto he had. He got tired of the B.S and no response and than blaming him for whatever issue it was.

Since the transaction (sale) took place here in SD he took them to court here and ended up winning. Actually than had to file a judgment against them. It was quite humerus hearing his story over all this.

Needless to say he tells everyone he knows about this and will never buy anything that Berretta associates their name with.

Life is just one damned thing after another
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I knew some of Beretta's PR folks back in the late 1980's- early 1990's.

I fields tested several of the ealry ONYX model over unders which where made SPEICIFALLY for the American market. Even several years after they had come out, the guns were in VERY short supply in the US. One of the models I wanted( a 20 g with 28" barrels) was nearly impossible to get.

One year at the SHOT show, I think in 1993, I cornered their in house Sales head at their booth at the SHOT show and asked him straight up if they were EVER going to get any of those guns in country.

I was told very matter of factly by a VERY frustrated sales rep that-

1)The demand for Beratta shotguns is WORLD WIDE.

2) The US market means LITTLE to them.

3) They only sell/manufacture guns in the US to meet the requirements of their LUCRATIVE US miltary M9 Pistol contract.

4) Beretta could give a RATS ASS if they ever service the American market properly- they have such a strong market in Europe and in Latin America, the US could fall off the face of the planet and they could care less.

And you know what? During the last 15+ years Beretta has done NOTHING to refute what he told me.

Most of their dealers cannot GET what they KNOW they can sell in terms of guns, and their customer service is perhaps the WORST of any company that makes a higher end product.

They are the reasons why I refuse to own any Tikka or SAKO rifles anymore.

[bleep] 'em.

Last edited by jim62; 02/26/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After my experience with Beretta via telephone, and ultimately in person, at a SHOT booth, over a failed repair of a 689 9.3x74R o/u, I wouldn't take one of their guns for free. The only way to describe the service is, abysmal. I ultimately had the rifle repaired properly by Champlin Arms, who was fantastic to deal with. I then had JJ consign and sell it. I've washed my hands of their products. Fortunately, there are competing companies putting out guns, every bit the equal of, or superior to Beretta.

Jeff

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
To Beretta's credit, they sent me a rifle rebate overnight delivery. I literally had it within' a week of mailing it off.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I should also add, that they did refund me the money I spent with them on the failed repair. They subbed the repair out, and the work was so substandard, I refused to allow them to touch the gun again. That's when I turned to JJ, to fix it properly. I was astounded that the "oldest gunmaker in the world", doesn't have the ability to repair their own product! As a bonus, Champlin charged less to do the work, than the idiots that botched the job!

Jeff

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Educational thread! Pee on them then, if that's the way they are. It just cost them a sale, as I was going to buy one of theirs very soon, but will go another route now. Thanks guys.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I would like to forward this thread and draft another nasty letter that hopefully makes it to someone important, the only problem is looking at their site there is such a lack of imformation, honestly its hard finding anyone to contact. if anyone knows how to get ahold of these people post it or PM it to me. funny how every reply except one is negative and the only positive involved a rebate.

in regard to tikka in particular it seems like they do a lot better job in canada, there must be different people who run that. as to the US market being small, I call BS on that, as for any single retail outlet, the US has to be their largest,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can understand your frustration.

Locally the Canadian distributor of all things Beretta (Tikka, Sako, Beretta shotguns) is Stoeger. Their facility is located maybe 2 miles from the gun store everyone here deals with. The manager of Stoeger and several of his employees belong to our local gun club.

A ton of Beretta shotguns are in use at our club. There may be problems with their product but I certainly never hear it spoken of at the club and being retired I am there a lot!

It is hard to believe that Canada with 1/10th the US market is treated better. Maybe it is just the people involved.

Jim

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I attempted to talk to the Beretta/Sako/Tikka rep at the NRA Show here in Louisville a couple of years ago. It was like talking to a rock. They didn't seem to care, so I walked away and haven't considered any of their products since.
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I can understand your frustration.

Locally the Canadian distributor of all things Beretta (Tikka, Sako, Beretta shotguns) is Stoeger. Their facility is located maybe 2 miles from the gun store everyone here deals with. The manager of Stoeger and several of his employees belong to our local gun club.

A ton of Beretta shotguns are in use at our club. There may be problems with their product but I certainly never hear it spoken of at the club and being retired I am there a lot!

It is hard to believe that Canada with 1/10th the US market is treated better. Maybe it is just the people involved.

Jim

That could very well be the case, for Canada and Australia, where the Beretta importer is a frequent poster on www.australianhunting.net, and a sponsor there, too. I'm happy for you guys, on both continents, but we in the US aren't well served by them at all.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I guess I am glad I bought all of my 5 Sako's before I read all of this. Never had any problems with them, but if I do I guess I will have them repaired locally.

Long

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I attempted to talk to the Beretta/Sako/Tikka rep at the NRA Show here in Louisville a couple of years ago. It was like talking to a rock. They didn't seem to care, so I walked away and haven't considered any of their products since.[quote=1OntarioJim]I can understand your frustration.

I was at the same show and came away with the same opinion. I wondered if the guys standing there had ever put a round down-range. I think they were more interested in their line of clothes than anything else.

Its a shame too, cause I really love my Sako's and Tikka's. But I bought these before Beretta bought them.

Last edited by Huntaria_Setters; 02/27/10.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
It's good to know that Coleguns.com can take care of Beretta problems, unlike Beretta USA, which is a miserable organization.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,291
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.