Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That's where my Zoli came from. Its coleguns.com . My experience with them were good, but I didn't need service either. I think that it is great that they service what they sell. The problem is that Berreta should be in the business of directly servicing their arms, or contracting with folks like Cole. Otherwise, I suppose they'll continue to get a black eye.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Trying sure doesn't hurt anything, but has been a waste of time here.

With my experience,have a deep suspicion none of the problems/complaints are getting to the 'head' of Beretta, about problems with the 'shooting sports' segment of their help/service.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
That could very well be the case, for Canada and Australia, where the Beretta importer is a frequent poster on www.australianhunting.net, and a sponsor there, too. I'm happy for you guys, on both continents, but we in the US aren't well served by them at all.

Canada is on the same continent as the US grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sending anything to Beretta is akin to having it to close to a black hole.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting comments about Beretta customer service. A year or so ago I wrote an email to Marochhi Arms in Italy. I was looking for a source of replacement parts for my well used Conquista Sporting Clays over and under (60,000-70,000 rounds). I needed a set of extra firing pins and springs and a set of ejector springs and plungers. After 70,000 rounds things tend to wear out. The office of the president/ceo sent me an email asking me for my address. Two weeks latter the requested parts were in my mail box with an invoice indicating no charge. Now that is what I call customer service! The US importer Precision Sales went out of business years ago.

A very happy Marocchi customer!

IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
It looks like the US isn't the centre of the universe after all.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have owned several Beretta shotguns (Many 390's, 686 & 2 682's) over the years and still like many things about them but will not buy one and try and tell my experience to others.

I had a new 682 Super Sport, over 2K, to purchase and had been shooting beretta for a few years. After a few hundred rounds the stock cracked from the rear of the trigger gaurd to grip. This is the most common place for stress fractures when the wood could still be possibilly green. The 682 is a competion gun and only excepts 2 3/4 shells and I had only shot low brass 8's & 9's, not that the any 2 3/4 should have caused an issue. I new what the issue was but I'd heard service issues w/ Beretta before so I had 2 stock makers look at the stock and confirm what I already new that it was a stress fracture. I had each give me a letter stating the issue and included them when I sent the gun back to Beretta. I figured no big deal, I've seen other stress fractures at the same point and had 2 letters confirming. Beretta wanted $500.00 to replace and also stated that they would not guarantee the work or the match to the forearm. I had it sent back and had my local shop arrange a meeting with the Beretta Rep., the shop and myself. Big waste of time. He would not even look at it and said he could not and would not help in anyway since he new that Beretta wouldn't do anything anyway. From this post it seems he knew what he was talking about. I ended up fixing and selling all my Beretta guns.

I have not bought any Beretta since. Good luck to everyone.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by UKdave

And, your point is?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by remseven
Trying sure doesn't hurt anything, but has been a waste of time here.

With my experience,have a deep suspicion none of the problems/complaints are getting to the 'head' of Beretta, about problems with the 'shooting sports' segment of their help/service.

that is what I think is happening, who ever is really in charge has no idea how much people are sucking, otherwise why would any sane executive put up with that.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if anyone has tried sending an e-mail directly to Beretta in Italy? Being a family owned company this might be the way to see an improvement in service.

Just a thought. I don't own any Beretta's so do not feel like persuing it on other peoples behalf.

Jim

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jim,
I like Beretta shotguns and I plan on doing just that with a fax of this thread to Beretta USA in Maryland. Doubt if it will help much, but who knows.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I wonder if anyone has tried sending an e-mail directly to Beretta in Italy? Being a family owned company this might be the way to see an improvement in service.

Just a thought. I don't own any Beretta's so do not feel like persuing it on other peoples behalf.

Jim

the problem is there is a lack of info on who to contact, there is not email address or addresses, maybe that is on purpose.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

It DAMN SURE IS when Foreign companies want to profit from our defense contracts..

Or just about any other form of foreign aide for that matter.

As in the case of the BRITISH ,when they needed armaments/aide when the Nazis are knocking at their doorstep after Dunkirk...LOL.

Last edited by jim62; 02/27/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
And there you have it. A pretty nice response to a snotty Brit comment!

UK Dave, why not tell us your experiences with Beretta's? I know that by and large they make a nice gun--ever had to have service? That sort of information would be informative.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

IF it's a non-beretta make they're selling it's also second rate service, on top of the US issues.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim

Jim

Jim,

Actually yes, I did try that. Also got a response right away, and thought maybe things might be favorably resolved. The communication didn't last long, and ultimately nothing resulted from it. The whole experience was disappointing, to say the least. Their attitude in person at SHOT, was the final nail in the coffin for me. I wouldn't pi$$ on those people, if they were on fire.

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread has got to be the most accurate, and damaging to any company that sells firearms.

And I bet they are not listening, and never will.

Sad.

Steve

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
It makes me laugh at some of the arrogant comments being made.

If Berreta dont want to do business (with shotguns) with the USA then thats up to them, they have obviously looked at the market and all the other implications of looking after there goods (service,aftersales etc) and decided its not going to be economic to do so,but sitting here listening to all this drivell,it really does make me understand why most people think Americans as "arrogant",I my self have close ties with the US and will stick up for you all BUT, it is all brought on by yourselves,And to start with referances to wars etc, just shows the pointlessness of entering into anymore discussion.

I do shoot Berettas, I shoot a 682 gold E and am very happy with it,most of my friends shoot Berretas and they are as well, and have no problems with them in anyway.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
UKDAVE..

You cant have it both ways ...

Beretta is NOT much of a company if they sell a high end product and don't service it worth a schit. ANY COMPANY that builds/sells a product here and DOES NOT back it up with decent service is the one who is ARROGANT. It's just very poor business practices.

Other than PAYING FOR a Beretta product, nobody here deserved to be left high and dry by Beretta in terms of costumer service when it was needed. And as far as you calling those folks liars, THERE is YOUR arrogance showing again..

I think it is interesting you defend such business practices on the part of Beretta. I'm sure you think every Toyota vehicle sold in the USA perfect as well...LOL.

As far as your "close ties" with the US... your first comment pretty much showed your true colors...

Jerks like you are living proof that we would have been better off if we had let you fend for yourselves in the 1940's..and let you speak GERMAN for the last 60 years.

Last edited by jim62; 02/28/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It makes me laugh at some of the arrogant comments being made.

If Berreta dont want to do business (with shotguns) with the USA then thats up to them, they have obviously looked at the market and all the other implications of looking after there goods (service,aftersales etc) and decided its not going to be economic to do so,but sitting here listening to all this drivell,it really does make me understand why most people think Americans as "arrogant",I my self have close ties with the US and will stick up for you all BUT, it is all brought on by yourselves,And to start with referances to wars etc, just shows the pointlessness of entering into anymore discussion.

I do shoot Berettas, I shoot a 682 gold E and am very happy with it,most of my friends shoot Berretas and they are as well, and have no problems with them in anyway.

You have missed the point entirely - it is up to Beretta whether or not they desire to do business in the USA (or anywhere else for that matter). But once they import the product into the country, advertise and sell you a product, taking your money in return, then they have the responsibility to service what they sell and/or make the parts available. It is not arrogant to expect a company to honor their published warranty and service defective products; bet you have the same expectations in England as well.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 44 invisible), 13,257 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,130
Posts18,542,380
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.