Print Thread
Hop To
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a Ruger Bisley in 44 Mag with a 7 1/2 inch barrel and iron sights. Any suggestions on the best shoulder holster to use for hunting? Mostly deer hunting froma treee stand here in Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia so something that won't let the pistol fall out or shift around would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice. TM

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Travelingman:<P>I don't have the model number, but for the money and what uses you describe, you will be hard pressed to beat one of the common Michaels of Oregon shoulder holsters, the one with the more or less vertical gun position. I used one a good bit with a Colt Python with a scope and it worked fine for walking through the woods squirrel hunting.<p>[This message has been edited by If It Flies It Dies (edited May 31, 2001).]

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My personal favorite is Pistol Packaging Inc.'s Bandito Shoulder Belt. I have had several different shoulder style holsters over the years, but this is by far the best. Check out their website at <A HREF="http://www.pistolpackaging.com." TARGET=_blank>http://www.pistolpackaging.com.</A> <P>------------------<BR>Stush

Stush
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stush:<P>Went to Pistol Packaging's site and it looks like a good holster. Do you seem to have much trouble with it shifting or moving on you if you are, say, climbing a tree stand or something like that. It does not appear to have a belt anchor, or at least I can't see on in the pics on their site. Thanks CAT

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had the same concerns when the Bandito was reccomended to me. It has not been a problem at all. The belt is cut very well. It lays perfectly across your chest, shoulder and back. The combined weight of most hunting handguns and the holster make any kind of belt anchor unecessary. I really like this system for a couple of reasons:<P>1) Extremely well made.<BR>2) Fits well either inside OR outside your coat/parka.<BR>3) Interchangeable holsters/ammo loops. PPI can provide a holster to fit anything from a 4" Security Six with open sights to a scoped XP or Striker.<BR>4) Price is right. When you figure in the fact that the belt can be used with numerous holsters, it is really a bargain. <P>I have walked all day through the mountains in North Central PA and Northwest WY carrying my Ruger Bisley in the Bandito, and you hardly know that you have it on. Best part is that it is very easy to get on and off. That makes it nice here in PA where you might hunt a woodlot for a few hours and then get in the truck and move down the road a few miles. Have I mentioned that I realy like this holster? [Linked Image] <P>------------------<BR>Stush

Stush
IC B2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the delayed response. Had to go for a treatment on my back and just got back into town. <P>I will definitely check out the two holsters mentioned. The one I have is a cheap PS cloth version that I am always afraid of the pistol dropping out of. Definitely will have something better before I hunt with the pistol again. Many thanks for you guys input. TM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Travelingman:<P>Well, Stush has convinced me to try one, since they look like they might be great for riding on an ATV while working on the ranch and you could take it off, if you had to get off and do something seriously physical, which is a problem with the michael's since it has belt anchors etc. Would take longer, be more complicated on and off.<P>That said, I still would suggest you look at the Michael's, and make your choice, depending on how much you use one, etc. You can probably buy the Michaels for about $25 which is about a third of the other. Depends on what you need. Good luck. CAT

K
kev Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
HI,
<br>
<br>I sent a ss bisley to MR. Clement to convert it to a 500 mag or called a 500 linebaugh. I will send a lot of money on it, alot of money.I wil carry t in a high noon design also called a huckelberry design great for carrying all day. It will work great when I am living in the greatest state in the USA, Alaska, thansk,kev

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.