Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 344 of 1,842 1 2 342 343 344 345 346 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
40 this summer, eh? I am in the same boat, but get to wait until fall for that big day. I, too, need to drop a few. Probable elk hunting this fall and just to have a little more endurance. cookies and blueberry crisp are my downfalls. I am helpless against them I tell ya!

We will pick up the walking pretty quick, as soon as we are somewhat settled in the house. I am thinking about joining Anytime Fitness. One of those things you cant afford to do, but cant afford not to do.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sucks....getting fat. I packed on the pounds about 10 years ago. I played every thing there was to play, lifted weights rode a bike 3 days a week, could run like the wind, I was strong as a bull and in pretty good shape...I moved here and stopped doing most of those things, but kept eating the same. That threw it all to hell.

My buds kept hammering on me to run 1/2 marathons with them and I had no drive to do so. Partly because i'm fat, but mostly because running sucks. I can't think of any excersise that I like less. It bores the hell out of me.

Before I knew it, I gained 60 pounds. I've been eating a lot better since December, and walking, biking, or using an eleptical machine about 3 days a week. You wouldn't be able to tell by the pics...but I've lost almost 20 pounds since December. It doesn't come off like it used to...something about getting older.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What exercises are you doing Dave?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Not much man but I gotta start with something right? Did 50 sit ups & 20 push ups, big deal huh? crazy

Well, I'll try to keep after it & do a little more each day. Pam has a pretty good bike in the living room so I'll maybe give that a whirl too.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I saw that bike, I thougt that's what you did. 50 sit-up is plenty if you're not used to em...you'll be sore tomorrow. smile

It's better if your fam. can do stuff with you. Betsy is a runner, so she'd smoke me if we did that. She's not much of a bike rider but I love it. So when we lose some snow, I'll do that.

Snow and ice should be melting like crazy now...40's the rest of this week, and hight 40's early next week.

COME ON OPEN WATER!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah with the temps being so warm and the snow melting, I'm ready for spring. I would like to do more snowmobiling, but I'm looking forward to 4 wheeling too.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How you doing?

Becareful when you get off the wheeler, those mud holes are tricky. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Muffy, your dad is up at the lake with Lonnie right now.

I called them at 9:30 this morning & it was no good yet, hope it picks up for them.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Whew! There! All caught up again! Man you folks talk alot in a short period of time! grin

Muffy - So sorry to hear about little Elliot. That is just awful. I couldn't even imagine. Prayers sent.

I need to get back on the diet and excercie bus too. I turn 40 in May and feel the same way as Dave. Want to go into 40 feeling better and with more stamina. It used to be nothing to screw in some tree steps and hang a portable stand. I tried that a couple years ago and literally thought I was going to fall out of the tree. I was hanging on for dear life, unsure if my arms were going to give out. That is the moment I knew I was getting older. frown Been ladder stands for me ever since.

I have the P90X program and it is a hell of a workout but with my neck condition it doesn't take much to "over do" it. May just pickup a new bike and ride/walk/jog my way into oldness.

smile

Last edited by Rooster7; 03/04/10.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
May just pickup a new bike and ride/walk/jog my way into oldness.

smile

You're going to need some sweat pants w/ matching sweatshirt, and some white velcro shoes. laugh

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tzone

smile

You're going to need some sweat pants w/ matching sweatshirt, and some white velcro shoes. laugh

Sweatsuit needs to be velour, and his wife needs one to match it for when they go on walks. Sweatpants need to be pulled up over the gut. I'll be turning 40 in Oct. Right now, it's about a half hour on the elliptical with about 20 minutes of circuit training.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just do what Dave's doing. Went out and himself a new Speedo to excercise in. laugh Eener saw him in it and won't come out from underneath the couch. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bucktail

smile

Sweatsuit needs to be velour, and his wife needs one to match it for when they go on walks. Sweatpants need to be pulled up over the gut. I'll be turning 40 in Oct. Right now, it's about a half hour on the elliptical with about 20 minutes of circuit training.

Who says I don't have that stuff already?! sick

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Just do what Dave's doing. Went out and himself a new Speedo to excercise in. laugh Eener saw him in it and won't come out from underneath the couch. laugh

sick

grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm drinking canadian beer.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bucktail

smile

Who says I don't have that stuff already?! sick

Dont forget the black dress socks and the white headband to complete the look.... sick sick eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ok, what brand did he give you? confused

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

smile

Don't forget the headband.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been a pretty bad 1 1/2 weeks. But doing good.

I know. That mud is really deep at Chickenbuck. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Muffy, the muds not the only thing thats deep at chickenbuck. smile

Dave I saw your other post, it's LaBats Blue.

Page 344 of 1,842 1 2 342 343 344 345 346 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.