Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

If it ain't ... I'll STILL own one ... (or more).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn right!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should be a requirement.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just like owning a hammer or a pair of pliers.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Owning anything is a fundamental human right.

To the extent that somebody else can tell you what you are or aren't allowed to own, you're a slave.

(Or a minor child, of course.)

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's like askin' if takin' a leak is a fundamental American right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak

To the extent that somebody else can tell you what you are or aren't allowed to own, you're a slave.

EXACTLY

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Barak nailed it. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What a stupid-assed poll. 2 yes answers and 2 no answers.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yes, I like to think so................547.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is owning a gun a fundamental American right?

You bet it is and the Bill of Rights confirms it.

Unfortunately, for most of the so-called liberals it does not fit their political agenda. Why? Because they want the state and the supposed "majority" to have control over the individuals.

Why again? Because the more control they have on individuals, the more they can impose their social agenda and their taxes.

But why, why?

I don't know, I guess they are screwed-up form the start and if not, they get screwed-up by their parents and/or the school system.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Barak

So, owning a few quarts of nerve gas, or maybe a couple metric tons of cocaine, or any of quite a few other things is a fundamental right?

I think owning a firearms is a fundamental American right. Some of the other stuff, I'm not so sure.

I suppose it goes w/o saying that the fundamental right to own something comes with an equally fundamental right to sell, trade of give that something to someone else (ANYONE else). No?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suppose it goes w/o saying that the fundamental right to own something comes with an equally fundamental right to sell, trade of give that something to someone else (ANYONE else). No?

Well if it doesn't it certainly should. When I give or sell something to someone I do so without strings attached. "Sell it, trade it, trash it or eat it, it's yours". I don't care. I have no say over it because it's no longer mine to control. And the recipient is not mine to control, either.

Only the dictation of a tyrant could take away right. And that, of course, only creates the illusion that it was taken away bcause it's impossible to actually take away a right. You can proclaim it's not a right, and punish people for disobeying your proclamation, but the right still exists none the less. All you've done is prove beyond doubt that you're a tyrant whose willing to commit crimes aginst those you consider your subjects. (there's only 3 crimes. Infringe someone's rights. Injure their person. Damage their property. If it doesn't fit squarely in one of these it was not a crime. Period.)

Lysander Spooner covers it succinctly: "for all restraints upon men's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree."

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If the second amendment doesn't apply to me then neither does the rest of the Bill of Rights.
Maybe the antigunners don't want us to have the other rights either but need to take away the guns first???????????????

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, then if I can buy and sell anything then I should be able to by and sell something like Barak for instances.

The only way you can reasonably own anything is if you can buy it - not everything is makable, or findable, or takable by everyone so buying it must be at least part of the system.

There are other options that the dictation of a tyrant to take away a right. You are, like it or not, participating in such an option.

Afterall, it is obvious that I do not have a right to buy or sell or own Barak and it is not dictation of a tyrant that prevents me. A restraint upon my natural liberty prevents me from taking Barak's liberty doesn't it? So to, there are reasonable restraints that keep me from a lot of things and some of those might not be so bad. The problem is that simple-minded folks like you, but on the other side of the fence, extend one simplistic thought to everything (like firearms) and make ludicrous statements as though they are obviously correct.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Vote done here! Surprised me how many in 'favor'.

Since the Libtards consider guns a weapon, and since a weapon may be necessary for the "..........life, liberty and pursuit of happiness." thing, I guess Libtards lose the argument.

I also guess that makes Libtards pretty d*mn stupid!

Last edited by remseven; 03/05/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A restraint upon my natural liberty prevents me from taking Barak's liberty doesn't it?

No.
His liberty prevents it.
Your liberty does not include any liberties over and above his liberty. It cannot be a restraint, it doesn't exist to begin with.

So to, there are reasonable restraints that keep me from a lot of things and some of those might not be so bad.

Some might not be so bad but they're still of the nature of slavery.

The nature of.

The problem is that simple-minded folks like you, but on the other side of the fence, extend one simplistic thought to everything (like firearms) and make ludicrous statements as though they are obviously correct.

Perhaps.
Or it could just be that you prefer to keep it in a more narrow view... for consience sake.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes - for all but felons and mentally deranged.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,451 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,265
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.