Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3876372 03/09/10
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
gents..been eyeballing a 1-AB in 25/06, one of the lipsey's guns, but the 1B forend doesnt appeal to me. will the 1-A forends fit that one (i know i may have to inlet some for barrel contour)

secondly....will ruger even sell the forends? anyone tried to order one?

============================================================

GB1

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger does not sell or install parts that were not on the issued item.

I think some were sold in AH profile. Check with Numero Uno!

1B

Last edited by 1B; 03/09/10.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Fyrpower,

The barrel contour on the #1-AB is the same as the #1-A. Thus the 1-A fore-end will be just a bolt on...

However, Ruger will not sell you one. frown Unless you send in the rifle to have it "Factory fitted." frown And when you do, Ruger will not alter the original configuration in any way.

Thus the only way to facilitate the move... Is to buy a Ruger #1-A and remove the fore-end. Send the rifle back to Ruger and ask for a new fore-end... (About $90.00, the last I knew) and they will fit one to it and return it. Put the original fore-end back on the #1-A and you will have a new fore-end for your #1-AB. smile

I know it seems like doing it the round-about way, but that's the only way it will work. BTW... If you ever have a bbl'd action that was sold thru Brownell's as a Barreled Action, Ruger will NOT fit factory wood to it.

Ruger's policy is that ANY firearm that is returned to the factory for whatever reason, will only be returned to the customer the way it left the factory originally. So if there is ANY aftermarket parts installed on it, they will remove them and replace with factory parts. frown

Hope this helps...

Edw

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I guess that 1-B is man of fewer words than I... blush grin

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Ruger does not sell or install parts that were not on the issued item.
Absolutely NOT true: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...2314/Re_Ruger_No_1_25_06_Rem#Post3322314

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
called ruger & was unlucky enough to get someone who was fairly unhelpful. (my usual luck when it comes to odd questions)

about all they would say is that they would not sell me just a forend, i have to send the gun in. sort of expected that.

she would not give me a price, says AFTER i send it in i will receive an estimate. nor did she know if they would fit a different one than the gun was originally equipped with. in short, she told me pretty much nothing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
called ruger & was unlucky enough to get someone who was fairly unhelpful. (my usual luck when it comes to odd questions)

about all they would say is that they would not sell me just a forend, i have to send the gun in. sort of expected that.

she would not give me a price, says AFTER i send it in i will receive an estimate. nor did she know if they would fit a different one than the gun was originally equipped with. in short, she told me pretty much nothing.
All labor is quoted on an estimate. They cannot/will not give an estimate on labor without having the rifle in their possession.

Fitting of a different forearm is dependent on what they have available at the time your rifle is sent to Ruger's New Hampshire facility.

Your owner's manual states very plainly that Ruger will NOT sell a forearm without them fitting it for you. (See page 27.)

I don't know what answer you were seeking, but the Ruger representative told you exactly what they were supposed to tell you.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
would have been pretty happy with at least a rough approximation. had she said "around $XXX for parts, plus an hour or two labor at $XX per hour, well, i can live with that. and, like most folks, i can live with a rough approximation, knowing the end result may be higher or lower.

pretty sure that having fit forearms before, and they could at least provide a rough guess...doubt i'm the only #1 owner that has had this service done.

however, as she has given no indication or rough estimates of any kind, i would have to pass at that offer. For all i know, i may go to the trouble of sending it in & then be rewarded with an estimate of $400...in which case i wasted my time & money, and their time as well.

as for what is available at their facility...i would also assume they would know what was available...yet they do not seem to be able to quote specifics on that either.

will send them an email & see if i receive a more specific response.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop,

Have you had them change any parts on a Ruger gun with replacements different from the original? Anyone else?

My experiences differ radically from your citation. In the mid 90s I tried a switch from a #1AH to an AB and was was told flatly that they would only restore to the original profile. Later, I also had a custom .338-06 built on a shot-out RSI donor and wanted new B profile wood for it. My smith who was Ruger trained told me I had to send in another 1B action sans wood and they would restock it for me but only to the original B standard profile. We did that and he swapped the new wood to the .338-06. Another serious collector/shooter I know needs the AH profile on all his #s bcasue of an old hand injury. He gets it done by Ruger but only with an authorizing letter from Bill himself.

If there has been a change in policy at Ruger I'd like to know of it from folks who have pulled it off. It would challenge my belief about leopards and their spots.
1B

Last edited by 1B; 03/09/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
would have been pretty happy with at least a rough approximation. had she said "around $XXX for parts, plus an hour or two labor at $XX per hour, well, i can live with that. and, like most folks, i can live with a rough approximation, knowing the end result may be higher or lower.

pretty sure that having fit forearms before, and they could at least provide a rough guess...doubt i'm the only #1 owner that has had this service done.

however, as she has given no indication or rough estimates of any kind, i would have to pass at that offer. For all i know, i may go to the trouble of sending it in & then be rewarded with an estimate of $400...in which case i wasted my time & money, and their time as well.

as for what is available at their facility...i would also assume they would know what was available...yet they do not seem to be able to quote specifics on that either.

will send them an email & see if i receive a more specific response.
What part of not making an estimation without having the gun in their possession don't you understand?

You have the gun here and they're in New Hampshire. How in the F*CK are they going to know when you'll get around to sending them your gun? Are they supposed to forecast based on you might send it and you might not?

Exactly what are you wanting Ruger to say differently via email that they haven't already told you? That makes NO-DAMNED-SENSE AT ALL.

Christ, you either want another forearm fitted or you don't. If you want one fitted, get off your ass and send the rifle. Plan on paying shipping both ways as a minimum, because you're going to have to pay that regardless. If you don't want to do that, then quit bitching, because you were never serious in the first place.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Bricktop,

Have you had them change any parts on a Ruger gun with replacements different from the original? Anyone else?

My experiences differ radically from your citation. In the mid 90s I tried a switch from a #1AH to an AB and was was told flatly that they would only restore to the original profile. Later, I also had a custom .338-06 built on a shot-out RSI donor and wanted new B profile wood for it. My smith who was Ruger trained told me I had to send in another 1B action sans wood and they would restock it for me but only to the original B standard profile. We did that and he swapped the new wood to the .338-06. Another serious collector/shooter I know needs the AH profile on all his #s bcasue of an old hand injury. He gets it done by Ruger but only with an authorizing letter from Bill himself.

If there has been a change in policy at Ruger I'd like to know of it from folks who have pulled it off. It would challenge my belief about leopards and their spots.
1B
There has not been any change in any policy. A lot of Ruger being able to offer a wood swap is dependent on what their present production needs are and what they have on hand. They're not going to hold up shipment on 1Bs because one or two customers who sent in their RSIs or 1As want their rifles restocked. Then again, if you want a slightly different wood configuration and they happen to have a few surplus items, they may be able to work something out with you. That's always been the case.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop or Brickhead?

I was directly confronted with their policy on this twice! Don't tell me that it was always something different!

I am stil waiting to hear if anyone has successfully had Ruger swap parts from one model #1 to another.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Bricktop or Brickhead?

I was directly confronted with their policy on this twice! Don't tell me that it was always something different!

I am stil waiting to hear if anyone has successfully had Ruger swap parts from one model #1 to another.

1B
No, you never sent a rifle, did you? I'm "telling" you, you're wrong. You are apparently basing your beliefs on assumptions and inferences vice any actual experience. Try actually sending a rifle to Ruger.

Your "logic" seems to say because your next-door neighbor's cousin's best friend's wife's co-worker's husband knew someone who knew someone who heard Ruger wouldn't do such-and-such because they just wouldn't, it must therefore be a fact. Christ. Either send in a rifle and find out if you don't want to take my word or get off your ass and call Ruger's New Hampshire facility in the morning. Their number is (603) 865-2442. Pay attention to the phone prompts, too, smart guy. And make sure your questions are clear and coherent if you expect an answer as such.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Bricktop....at no point will they be receiving my firearm, as i have no intention of blindly sending it to them in the random hope they may possibly provide an estimate that is within a reasonable price range. Perhaps you are willing to roll the dice of chance when paying for services in the hope that you will be treated fairly...i do not gamble.

You will also note i said that they were unable to tell me whether they even have an alternate forend in stock, OR, if they do, whether or not they would even be willing to fit one....which makes NO-DAMNED-SENSE AT ALL, as you stated with such enthusiasm.

If they dont want to do it, i have zero problem with their policy...it is theirs to make, and i unequivocally agree with their freedom to set service terms/limitations. i do also agree it is reasonable to require factory fitting.

i find it UNreasonable for them to be unwilling to tell me in advance whether they even have any parts, or if they do, provide an approximation based on prior service histories.

So..if your suggestion you i send them a gun, potentially wasting the cost of round trip postage if in fact they may be unable (or unwilling) to do anything with it at all...i believe i'll pass. But thanks for the input. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop....at no point will they be receiving my firearm, as i have no intention of blindly sending it to them in the random hope they may possibly provide an estimate that is within a reasonable price range. Perhaps you are willing to roll the dice of chance when paying for services in the hope that you will be treated fairly...i do not gamble.
Let me make this simple for your ignorant ass. If you choose to actually have Ruger perform the work, you will be obligated to pay the shipping to and from New Hampshire. You have already indicated a willingness to have that done, therefore paying to ship for an estimate isn't an unreasonable stretch.

You will also note i said that they were unable to tell me whether they even have an alternate forend in stock, OR, if they do, whether or not they would even be willing to fit one....which makes NO-DAMNED-SENSE AT ALL, as you stated with such enthusiasm.
Just how thick-headed ARE you? Do you honestly expect Ruger to just hold a forearm until your little self gets around to shipping your rifle? Their commitments are to the orders for new rifles and repairs of existing rifles. Your whims are way down their list of priorities.

You either want to have this done or you don't. Period.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
at no point have i asked Ruger to hold anything. I simply asked if they are willing to perform a service as i have asked. My sole questions to Ruger are:

1) Do they have an alternate forend.
2) If so, are they willing to sell it.
3) If they are willing to sell it, at what approximate cost.

If they cannot answer those questions in advance, i wont waste my time or Ruger's. But i will post a response that Ruger sends via email.

Last edited by FyrepowrX; 03/09/10.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
at no point have i asked Ruger to hold anything. I simply asked if they are willing to perform a service as i have asked. My sole questions to Ruger are:

1) Do they have an alternate forend.
2) If so, are they willing to sell it.
3) If they are willing to sell it, at what approximate cost.

If they cannot answer those questions in advance, i wont waste my time or Ruger's. But i will post a response that Ruger sends via email.
And I have already enumerated the reasons why Ruger cannot and will not commit themselves to answering your questions. You're just too stupid to grasp those reasons.

Ruger also has a reputation for doing things gratis on occasion or at significantly reduced cost. But I guess you'll never know.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop,

The clock is still ticking on news from anyone here who has actually successfully had parts from one model switched by Ruger to parts from another model.

Your bluster is ringing hollower all the time.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Bricktop,

The clock is still ticking on news from anyone here who has actually successfully had parts from one model switched by Ruger to parts from another model.

Your bluster is ringing hollower all the time.

1B
I'm satisfied that I know what I need to know. Maybe you should get off your ass, quit trying to bother me, and call Ruger's customer service yourself.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop,

In other words, you never did it? But pontificated on it?

1B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.