Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 350 of 1,842 1 2 348 349 350 351 352 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wheres the pictureof the big pike? still looks hairy out there dave, not sure my ice fishing days arent' done for the year. Too much running with the kids in basketball every weekend.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think its south of highway 10 they had to be off the end of feb. north of highway 2 we had til this coming weekend, but I pulled mine off last weekend. wasn't catching squat (2 fish all year) and we had a nice window to do it in. LOTS of chipping to get it out. but we did it in 4 hours. thank God for the extra help that came along, my back wouldn't have been able to handle that much chipping. once it was broke loose it was just a matter of using a comealong to get it on the trailer.

this winter sure turned to spring in a hurry around here thats for sure

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, my step brother forwarded this phone picture of the 46 incher they got last week. This isn't my step bro, this is a guy that was fishijng with him.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
as they say in Grump Old Men....Holy Moly!

That right there is a lot of northern pike.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Heck of a nice Pike. Look at the size of the head on that thing.

On another note. The World Championship Ice Fishing contest is being held in Rhinelander, WI this weekend. First time ever held in the US. Over 50 countries represented. No power equipment or tip ups allowed. Appears that most of the contestants use a form of handline.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What are they fishing for Bill?

It looked like they were using pan fishing rigs. Real light weight stuff, and tiny hand augers.

On the news last night, they said the Europeans' augers were barely long enough to get through the ice. Said they usually don't have more than 12" to go through.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thats a big pike there!! lots of water on the ice here and here the boats will be hitting the rainy tomorrow already. Doesn't get much funner than that!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We have boats in the WI and the Fox already. the Fox is like fishing the Rainy...lots and lots of walleyes, but you can't keep em. You get 1 over 28 per day. Really, if you fished all day, you'd probably get a couple over 28. It ain't right.

It's not normal to be able to catch fish like that, but it's fun as heck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Getting ready to go out to the garage and do a little more work on our golf cart. It is an old one Jeremy bought a couple years ago. We are repainting and putting a sterio in it. It had bucket seats but we would like to put a bench seat in it. There are a couple holes in the back compartment that could be used as a drain because we are talking about making it into a cooler. We just have to figure out how to make a cover for it. It should be pretty cool when we get it done.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like panfish are the target. Here's some more info:

RHINELANDER � The World Ice Fishing Championship, spotlighting angler teams from 11 countries, will be held in Rhinelander from Friday, March 12th through Sunday, March 14 on the frozen waters of Boom Lake.

Anglers will compete for the championship title in both team and individual events. Each team consists of five anglers with one alternate, a captain and a coach. Most teams also will have support personnel, trainers and managers,

The final members of the USA Ice Team were chosen following the final qualifying event on Lake Thompson over the weekend. Making the 2010 team are: Doug Bussian, Columbus, WI, Mike Boedeker, Lansing, MI, Tony Boshold, Carol Stream, IL, Billy Whiteside, Eau Claire, WI, Myron Gilbert, Brooklyn, MI, Bob Esbensen, Palatine, IL

The competitors will be joined by coach Greg Wilcznski of Pleasant Prairie, WI, team captain Mike McNett of Lombard, IL, International Delegate Joel McDearmon of Tomah, WI ,and directors Chris Ward of Chaska, MN ,and Brian Gaber of Rhinelander, WI.

According to ice fishing experts, the tournament is a true test of one�s fishing skills, determination and endurance. The rules prohibit the use of power augers or electronics of any kind. The anglers must rely on intuition, research, experience and stamina to find and ultimately catch fish. The ice on Boom Lake will be over two feet thick, something the European teams are not accustomed to as hand augers have to be used.

Champions are crowned after two grueling days of competition with placement based on the total weight of fish caught by each team. Each team member is given a number according to their placement for the day and each day�s numbers are added, determining the winner with the lowest number. Ties are broken by the heaviest combined weight in the tournament.

The countries represented are: Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Sweden, Canada and the US. Panfish will be the target with only live bait allowed.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Are you guys coming up fishing this weekend?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think so. I would like to, but I think we are going to help our friends write out thank you's.

I talked to Justin and him and his friends are going up Friday I guess.

If plans change I will let you know.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
There are a couple holes in the back compartment that could be used as a drain because we are talking about making it into a cooler.

Never saw that coming. laugh

A friend of my dad's has a few original Harley Davidson golf carts. they're pretty neat. He uses one for hauling his trash down to the end of the driveway. The other still needs to be fixed up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

The countries represented are: Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Sweden, Canada and the US. Panfish will be the target with only live bait allowed.

I can smell the Vodka in the air. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know much about the golf cart. It is a Columbia with a Harley motor in it. It is a 3 wheeler, not the coolest looking rig. But it will be when we get done. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think the one's my pa's friend has are 3 wheelers too.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Geez, a guy should get a Chickenbuck patch or bumper sticker for reading all 700 pages!

Support your local brewer.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Geez, a guy should get a Chickenbuck patch or bumper sticker for reading all 700 pages!

I tend to agree with that thought.

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pointbock

Welcome to the land of BS Pointbock! grin

How long did it take you to read?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 350 of 1,842 1 2 348 349 350 351 352 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.