Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
podunk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
So far im happy with mine, it takes awhile to make rounds but I travel for work and have little to do in the afternoons anyway. I believe im gonna upgrade to a press in the future though because reloadings already got me hooked.

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I believe im gonna upgrade to a press in the future though because reloadings already got me hooked.

Be sure and get something inadequate to the task so that you don't deprive yourself of any of the satisfaction of frustration.

"Every country has the government it deserves." - Joseph de Maistre
P
podunk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
So far to me reloading has been mostly a relaxing experience but there have been some moments, my worst yet is measuring powder, ive properly measured it out then spilt it and had to start over several times. This prompted me to get a trickler.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think that it's relaxing for most reloaders. You have the odd minor thing go wrong, but over all it should be fun. Those that get frustrated should stick with factory ammunition or get someone to show them the ropes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fiddling around at the handloading bench is a source of relaxation and enjoyment for me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Fiddling around at the handloading bench is a source of relaxation and enjoyment for me.

It keeps me out of the tavern...some days and then again, some days it don't.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For any of you that have never used a Lee Loader;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEl9wZyabc

47 SECONDS start to finish. Maybe not the fastest but nothing wrong with it either.
Although a lot of people don't like them the Lee Loaders WORK. My only suggestion is to get a Lee Auto Prime. I find it works much better than than the regular method of seating primers.
I also have a Lee Hand Press. Only complaint about it is that the hole the primers drop into will only hold about 10 of them.

Last edited by chris112; 03/12/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago I picked up 2 of them. One in 303 British and one in 7x57; just for kicks. Turned out some nice ammo with both of them. Eventually got a sporterized Lee-Enfield #4 MK I and decided to get a Redding 3 die deluxe set in 303 so I could get serious about my 303 loads. I don't use the Lee Loader any more but the 303's I turned out with it shoots just as well as the stuff done on my press with the dies. I have had one primer go off when doing 303's but never when doing 7x57. If you use one of the Lee Loaders just be sure your cases aren't getting too long.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They haul around a lot more junque now but not to far past, the Bench Shooters used what was nothing more than very precise Lee Loaders to set their records. smile

Aim for the exit hole.
P
podunk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Ive also heard that stillbeeman. So far im having good luck with mine in .270 win, just ordered another in .308 win

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can load faster with other systems, but faster isn't always better. I'm glad to hear that there are still people that use the Lee Loader.

You'll make some gret ammunition with the little red box.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
podunk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I just wish they offered more calibers than they do, eventually im gonna have to get a press when i add to my gun collection.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They cut back on the number of loaders they make. As the types of different dies and accessory equipment grew, the demand for LL's dropped. You can still buy them for cartridges that are no longer made. Gunbroker and other sites are good for that.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have just started reloading and I bought the Lee Classic Loader to try for my .30-06. I've really enjoyed it myself other than it driving my wife crazy with all the noise. The only thing though is I'm shooting a lot more. I intend to use it to have something to do about July and August when its too hot to fish and no hunting seasons are open.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,060
Posts18,482,382
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.