Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
no charlie. once again pay attention. if that happened i would chip in and help out. because I CHOSE TO. not because government stole it from me.

No I don't believe ya would. Your talk shows you're cheap, sir.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
and it most likely wouldn't be me needing the help. i work and i pay my bills and i do whatever i can to make smart and informed decisions.

but if something happened to me that i couldnt control i would do my best. i just got out of the hospital for an emergency surgery. can i afford it? no. but i am going to pay it back little but little. does it suck? yeah. but i owe it and no one else. it's no one else's job to pay it for me. i even had a family member offer to pay for it for me. i said no. why? because i believe what i say.

it's people who think their feelings change the facts that cause these problems.

thanks for being part of the problem. Obama will be glad to hear from you.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
do i even need to defend myself to you? i don't know you and i don't care to.

i have lots of people on here who can vouch for me. who the hell are you to judge me based on your warped view of the world?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
ya know. just to show you're off base and MAYBE you'll grow up...

i donate my time to the salvation army. i donate money to st. judes. i volunteer at local schools. i volunteer at the local little league. i meet my own responsilibities and i pay my bills and i do what i say i will do and i don't expect anything back.

why? because that's what i expect others to do too. be who they say they are and stand up for what's right.

i never said i don't think people should have insurance. i never said i didn't feel bad for the unforunate. i said ONCE AGAIN that government should not steal from me to give to you (or whomever) if you did not earn it. including insurance. and oil, gas, bluejeans, or pancakes.

damn.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
do i even need to defend myself to you? i don't know you and i don't care to.

i have lots of people on here who can vouch for me. who the hell are you to judge me based on your warped view of the world?

You telling me what you're gonna do...like that makes it happen...LOL.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This bill will put all the health insurance companies out of buisness. It is designed to do that.

The financially responcible corporate managers will drop private insurance for their employees and pay the 8% fine for not providing health insurance.

The smart and healthy will drop their insurance coverage and pay the fine. They will purchase insurance only if they become sick and need it.

This will cause the insurance companies to drop out of the buisness. There will be no private health insurance left.

Obama has chosen as his senior medical advisor someone who wrote a book advocating limited care for the very young and the very old. These people are not as economically valuable to the government. This obscene philosophy is the nightmere we face in the future.

[Linked Image from ]
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i went below my own standards on this post and i am removing it. my apologies to everyone.

i still stand on my point i made. whether he gets it or not.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 03/21/10.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i'm done. you have not made ONE point so far and can't even defend your own position. i'm not wasting my time.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
i went below my own standards on this post and i am removing it. my apologies to everyone.

Careful, your charity is showing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It wouldn't matter if you were cheap, stealing from Bill Gates is no better or worse than stealing from a homeless person. Stealing is stealing.

But this isn't just simple stealing, this is armed plucking robbery. They have the force of law enforcement behind them, so it's ARMED robbery.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
charlie is busy NOT making a point and calling me cheap, so apparently he has nothing of value to add.

crosshair, gotta agree with you on this.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i went back and re-read this. apparently it doesn't work the same in all states. if it really works the way i see it works in TX, that's wrong and should be illegal.

once again however, the fix cannot and should not be taking money from one to give to another.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
So a guy can't get insurance due to a preexisting condition.

It worsens.

He can't work.

He can't pay taxes.

He is going to basically publically DIE over a period of a year or so, in the streets, since he can't afford a house without a job.

But, insurance costs less for those lucky enough not to have a pre-existing condition (which basically means they locked into a policy at a young age) AND never lost that insurance EVER IN THEIR LIFE (because by the time they are 40 years old, they damn well have pre-existing conditions)!?

This is the conservative free-market utopia some of you are pimping?

Health care isn't widget manufacturing, it isn't stocks, it isn't an optional service you can shop around for like the cheapest plumber or cabinetmaker. It's not something you can apply a cold-blooded free market to, because a free market is meaningless without consequences for bad choices, and the consequences of failure are not palatable in a free society.

Same guy... year after they discover they cant fund the thing anymore because they've broken the backs of the working class stiffs here in America, and the businesses have all moved overseas to get away from these overly burdensome rules... whats the answer going to be to balance the budget?

Rationing baby... hold on to your health boys cause thats the unavoidable end result of this shell scheme.

Same guy, now getting told he's number 100000 on the list because there are that many more viable citizens ahead of him in line.... still dying, but zero chance of getting a job to in the slightest way take care of himself...

Wanna call BS? Remember what they told us about abortions several decades ago and where it in fact evolved to today, pulling viable infants from the womb and knifing them in the head because partial-birth practices are more sanitary....

This is actually a brilliant stroke so far as dealing with the expenses of medically caring for the aging baby boomer population... promise to give them all insurance, then tell them they'll have to wait in line, then if 50% of them die 10 years earlier than previously thought... maybe we can afford this after all.... brings new meaning to the statement "worth more dead than alive" doesnt it? hmmmmmm

Last edited by chriso; 03/21/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And Rome burns all the while....

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The insurance industry has know it forever...it is called Adverse Selection. If you insure someone you know will cost you money, you won't be able to keep profitable or simply stay even.

Insuring pre-existing conditions on an even cost with those who have no known adverse condition drives up costs to such an extreme, that seemingly healthy people can't afford insurance.

This is like insuring your car AFTER you had the accident and expecting the insurance company to welcome you.

This flaw alone sinks us and whats left of our economy. Add an increased tax on capital gains, and we will sink into a depression that makes the thirties seem like the good old days. Use job-creating capitol to underwrite unsustainable costs, and we won't be working. whistle

You are correct about insurance. The difference is that Obamacare is not insurance. It is straight welfare.

Incidentally, I am one who had a major health insurance company drop my coverage of many years when I was two months into a major medical problem and facing a series of surgeries. That was Regency Blue Shield. They lied to me and were arrogant enough or stupid enough that they sent me documentation of their lies. The State Insurance Commissioner and a State Senator went to bat for me unsuccessfully. An attorney told me that with the documentation I had, in any other kind of case winning was a slam dunk. With the multi-billion dollar health insurance business, he told me to forget it and walk away. They ignore state legislatures. He told me that the best I could hope for was to have them repay several months of premiums.

Having said that, the vote today was a travesty that I opposed and am dismayed at what it portends for the country. I hope that we are all wrong in where this is heading. I wish I could invest in it, and buy a short position on whether it fulfills its claims, such as lowering the deficit. That would be a sure investment.

Last week I considered phoning a media dupe like Olberman when he was touting it and offer to bet him a major chunk of my retirement that Obmacare would NOT reduce the deficit. 100K even odds on whether it lowers the deficit, as measured by an independent accounting firm I could trust. I could use some more money for retirement and this is a sure thing bet. Maybe a bet with Pelosi or Obama himself.

I did not write it so have no record but over a week ago I told my wife that this health care would pass. The reason is that Obama wanted it more than his opposition did not want it. His will prevailed and it was fascinating to watch.

Pardon my rambles.

Last edited by Okanagan; 03/21/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
So a guy can't get insurance due to a preexisting condition.

It worsens.

He can't work.

He can't pay taxes.

He is going to basically publically DIE over a period of a year or so, in the streets, since he can't afford a house without a job.

But, insurance costs less for those lucky enough not to have a pre-existing condition (which basically means they locked into a policy at a young age) AND never lost that insurance EVER IN THEIR LIFE (because by the time they are 40 years old, they damn well have pre-existing conditions)!?

This is the conservative free-market utopia some of you are pimping?

Health care isn't widget manufacturing, it isn't stocks, it isn't an optional service you can shop around for like the cheapest plumber or cabinetmaker. It's not something you can apply a cold-blooded free market to, because a free market is meaningless without consequences for bad choices, and the consequences of failure are not palatable in a free society.

No. The obvious solution is the Doper Barry solution. You give him coverage and then put him in the hands of the bureaucracy so that he can die waiting in the chemo line with everyone else,even those who could afford treatment prior to Barrycare. Government controlled health care invariably leads to rationing and shortages. Did you not watch the swine flu fiascal? Did you not notice that the government decided who was and was not at risk?
By the way, any publicly funded hospital already has to treat whoever shows up regardless of their ability to pay.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey...sorry for the offense...ya took it more personal then intended.

Yes the group policies in TX do work that way. I was in business and my BIL owned an independent agency and I benefited from his efforts greatly. He told me at one time that I would need to layoff several of my best employees because of their age...they were approaching 60. So I knew early on the racked that the insurance industry really is.

As to taking money from one to give to another...this bill not ony does that but pases it on to the insurance industry. I see the government as working to siphon money from the populace and handing it over to corporate sector in this country.

Just so ya know my feelings.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
agreed. i did take it personal. been a hell of a month, friend got diagnosed with cancer, i had emergency surgery, the healthcare thing has me wired, we all got pay cuts at work...etc.

not whining, just i am not always cranky lol

hell we're fine now, i just couldn't figure why you were attacking me on something i thought we agreed on.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i don't agree on that end though. by making pre-existing stuff covered, you select for the risk and the only people who sign up are the ones who will be making claims.

so the insurance companies will benefit at first from huge sign ups but then pay out way more and go bankrupt.

so then the govt becomes the sole provider, sort of a huge HMO.

that's the kind of control they want, i think.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Friend of mine is a small business owner. He has about 6 employees. He told me that he will have to lay all of them off if he has to buy Obama Insurance.
I wonder how many other small businessmen feel the same way?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 63 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,296
Posts18,525,824
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.