Print Thread
Hop To
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well I can't pronounce it or spell it. The new bullets from agulalia? I shot the 60 grn'rs out of my Rem 541-T, and they all key holed, even at 10 ft! they suck in my book. I bought some of the 20 grn'rs with no powder, just primer powered, they shoot ok in either my Rem 541-T or my Win 67. They knock a tin can around a bunch without puttin a hole in it! Drops fast but fun. VERY quiet, It sounds like your dry firing, and rolling a BB down the barrel. I still say a BB gun is cheaper!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
GB1

cs Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have shot both the big 60 gr jobs and the Colibri. The SSS (I believe that is the 60 gr. really long weird looking bullet) aren't very accurate, but I haven't tried them on any game yet. <BR>I shot a stray cat with a colibri right between the shoulders (he was facing away from me) at about 6 feet, he just ran off. He came back the next day like nothing happened to him. They say these bullets are good for varmints at close range, but I think I'll just put the ones that I have left into my ever growing ammo collection. They are fun to shhot, but I don't have any use for them. <BR>The Aguilla super hyper velocity or whatever they are called shoot very good in my 10/22 and they are pretty accurate for a hyper velocity round. They work well on squirel, coons, and possums...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The SSS is actually good ammo, the problem is most guns have a too slow twist to stabalize them. I shot them from a 10" T/C contender match barrel, and they made a 1 hole group at 50 yds. On the other hand, every other 22 I shot them out of, the groups were double what the federal bulk pack stuff shoots.

H
H
I have used the colibris and they are fun to shoot but just for short range target practice. Be careful when shooting at a hard object because these things will bounce right back at you! For all around low powered .22 ammo you cant beat CB shorts or longs. They have enough velocity to be useful while at the same time being very quiet.I prefer the short variety because they seem to be more consistent in velocity. I have killed more than a few squirrels with this load. The cci variety is the onley ones worth buying in my opinion. The remingtons are very incosistent and are terribly innacurate. hambone

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.