Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that your truck Dave?

I like it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All's I know is if I have to keep paying out for all the things the powers that be say I have to have I dont know what the hell I am gonna do.

Amazing how cost of living adjustments take money away from you but never take in consideration when your on a fixed wage.

This year deer camp is all about slick heads and making burger, anything to cut costs.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I hear ya man.

johnMoses, yeah that's my truck, don't you recognize it?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is my house of levers, switches and pedals. From this seat I control the outcome of many fascinating occurances. Gravity was once interupted for about 3 seconds from this seat. You might remember it, it was late at night about 3 1/2 yrs ago. If you hit your head on the ceiling of your house while you were sleeping on Nov 20 2006, well I'm sorry and I won't do that again. grin

[Linked Image]

It was my Uncles truck "Uncledusty". It was his truck for as long as I can remember. The scanned photo was of a picture taken in the 70's. Dusty had just fixed a bunch of truck cancer and painted the truck, stacks were the correct self respecting flag waving redneck thing to do back then, you had to have the stacks man! grin

[Linked Image]

seems as though it's slipped a bit in appearance since this photo was taken...

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the siren you added on top.

Where are the stacks now?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard to believe dad, mom, my brother and I rode in that truck on vacation all the way to Wyoming when I was younger. A little scrunched, but it was a fun trip! smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Muffy could tell you more than I could about this truck as it was her dad's truck. Uncledusty of course could tell the most about it but he might not tell everything grin

Dusty rigged it with a snowplow in... oh I would have to guess the later 80's but he'd know for sure. I'm sure the blinking light on the cab roof probably went on in those later 80's or maybe in the 90's.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just looked on jobs hq and the company I worked for posted that they have immediate openings for temporary workers. Posted wages DOE and I would hope I would get the higher one if I got rehired since I worked there for 9 1/2 years. It is only about $3 less an hour than when I left. I am going to call in the morning and they have interviews all day Friday. Who khows what will happen.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks official. I thought you may have added it when you had to haul someone in for a Baboon A** violation. grin

It's a neat truck, my Grandfather had a half ton 2 wheel drive that was solid red and must have been about the same year model.

Muffy,

I have been on vacation (spring break) in a VW bus that had no floor in the back, when we got thru eating or drinking, we just threw it out the hole.

I don't litter anymore though.

JM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Luck. I hope you get it!

JM

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
Just looked on jobs hq and the company I worked for posted that they have immediate openings for temporary workers. Posted wages DOE and I would hope I would get the higher one if I got rehired since I worked there for 9 1/2 years. It is only about $3 less an hour than when I left. I am going to call in the morning and they have interviews all day Friday. Who khows what will happen.

Go get it kiddo!!

You can do it!! I'll be root'n for ya cuz!

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
It looks official. I thought you may have added it when you had to haul someone in for a Baboon A** violation. grin

It's a neat truck, my Grandfather had a half ton 2 wheel drive that was solid red and must have been about the same year model.

Muffy,

I have been on vacation (spring break) in a VW bus that had no floor in the back, when we got thru eating or drinking, we just threw it out the hole.

I don't litter anymore though.

JM

Funny I can picture it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I hope you get it muffster. Make em your bish. grin

Really, I hope you get a job there. Your a good hard working lady that know a bunch of stuff. And if they don't hire ya...my offer still stands.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That old truck is cool. That is when trucks were trucks.

I wonder what ever made uncledusty switch over to the dark side I mean chevy's.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Muffy,

Rooting for you about the job thing!! Can't wait to hear how it goes. You go get it!

Can't wait to see all the Chickenbuck apparel too, especially my sweatshirt. You should see how many sweatshirts I have, guess that's my "collection" like Dave has all the yard ornaments out by the shed. At least mine doesn't take up soooo much room.

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 03/25/10.

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all the good luck wishes everyone.

I just called and gave Becky my info. She knew that I had worked there before. She said they are just taking names and numbers and they are going to be calling people for interviews on Friday. I have butterflies in my stomach. It is just like when I applied there 11 years ago. I am nervous because I know they will have tons of people applying because the starting pay is high for this area.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pam,

If any of the angry folks you have to deal with happen to be any of our clients let me know if they are causing you a headache.

Dave everyone should have a stress releiver I have a 1985 Chevy K-5 Blazer that I hope to get running this summer for a run around the woods truck.

Muffy good luck on the job.

Well heard my first geese of the spring this am, but I have not heard anything on snows at all I am guessing they passed us by with the snow line disappearing so fast.

You all have a great day,

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I heard & saw my first geese on Monday. We have an old creek bottom that runs through our yard. It was a natural drainage creek that headed to a main river once upon a time long before man started making water drain in straight east/north/west/south directions with a grid of ditches. Now the old creek just flows some in the spring then dries up.

It would normally stay full of water or at least have some water in it up until June. It's actually been a frequent stop if not a nesting spot for waterfowl. We even had wood ducks down there one spring. Well it's all but dried up already & it's only March!! This is one crazy year!

I'll take it though, I love spring, summer & fall. Winter, not as much as I used to. grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hmm, this leads to an interesting thought... Waterfowl nesting will begin soon. For as many years as I have paid attention it seems the ducks & geese will nest on edges of flooded ag land or in ditches along county roads & hiways up here. Things are quite a bit different in our area this year, very dry. It's going to change things quite a bit for nesting locations. Not sure if that's good or bad for the birds.

I would guess it might be a good thing because nesting spots they choose this spring will likely be more stabil than a mud puddle that will dry up before chicks hatch.

I don't know though, I'm no goose or duck hunter so I know very little about them.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wish you the best of luck Muffy. The butterflies will go away on Friday when they call you for an interview.

smile

Page 358 of 1,842 1 2 356 357 358 359 360 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.