-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
Has anyone tried this one with bull bbl.yet?<BR>I kind of like the way it's made but haven't<BR>seen any input on accuracy. Have an old Lyman<BR>target that would look weird mounted on it.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Greyghost- I have the Browning Buckmark in the Target 5.5 version. It has a weaver base along the top of the barrel. I took the Millett sights off and put a Burris 2-7X handgun scope on it. Got about 1" at fifty yards with the CCI Minimags and some sandbags. The gun does not like the cheap ammo. It hung up all the time. I have not had any problems with the Minimags. Good shooting. Bob<p>[This message has been edited by Bob.280 (edited May 24, 2001).]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My father had one, now mine, which he shot in local league shoots and did very well. <P>He also modified it to carry on the trapline by whacking off about half the barrel. To continue to use it for targets he over-bored the cut-off piece and modified it so it could be reattached by way of a scope mount to regain the balance. After the surgery it shot every bit as well as before.<P>He wrote an article about it in American Rifleman not all that many years back.<P>I have put a lot of boxes of ammo through it and it functions just fine. I do not recall having any feeding problems, ever.<BR>art<P>------------------<BR>Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.<p>[This message has been edited by Sitka deer (edited May 26, 2001).]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Greybeard,<P>I have a standard Buckmark thats pretty accurate. I am not much of a pistol shot, but the gun can certainly shoot better than I can. This is the only handgun I have left...seems I need a real stock on a gun to hit anything with regularity. <P>The standard model doesn't have the built in scope mount so it will need one of those B-Square mounts at $35 bucks or so. I have a Pentax 2x pistol scope, so I figure with the scope, mebbe I can hit those stupid chickens (grouse) at ten or twenty yards. Better that than shelling out nearly $400 for one of the bull barrel/scope base models. <P>I don't think you can go wrong with a Buckmark. They seem to be well made guns.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (ar33c9, 808outdoors, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,204 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.