Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Am I to believe that the consensus of the majority of those participating in this discussion are of the opinion that there should be no restrictions on the private ownership of machine guns?

Just asking.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Am I to believe that the consensus of the majority of those participating in this discussion are of the opinion that there should be no restrictions on the private ownership of machine guns?

Just asking.

I don't. Nor do I believe there should be any restrictions on the private ownership of semi-autos, bolt actions, lever actions, falling blocks, revolvers, percussion cap muzzle loaders, flint locks, match locks, and so on. Shoot (or shoot at)someone not trying to injure you with anyone of them and that is the only time their owner should ever get so much as a glance from government.

There is at least one person that does want lots of restrictions on select fire weapons and apparently (based on their anger over being asked the question) also wants anyone replacing this:

http://www.dsarms.com/SA58-FAL-Metric-Pistol-Grip-Black----US087/productinfo/US087/

with this:

http://www.dsarms.com/Austrian-STG58-Metric-Pistol-Grip-New---087/productinfo/087/

to go to federal prison and essentially have their life destroyed.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oulufinn,
If you really want the unity that you keep preaching then see if you can look at 700LHs link and see what others think needs fixin and address it with the people running the joint at the NRA. Neal Knox tried to do this but was unable to get past good ol' Wayne LaPierre. In fact, it seems like a lot of people have a problem with that guy. Aren't you even a little bit curious as to WHY? Could it be that you and the others pedantic support of good ol' Wayne and repetitions of the our way or the highway are symptoms of a problem that could have been fixed 30 years ago or more, but was neglected until good ol' Wayne was allowed to achieve God like status? Lets see now, how many folks has good ol' Wayne alienated from the second amendment struggle? Neal Knox...Russ Howard...and about 1/3 of the old rank 'n file NRA who didn't want good ol' Wayne having more power than the president of the NRA.
Most of the women I know can't stand him or Ms. Metaska because of his we know what's good fer ya l'il lady approach ta recruiting female members and his constant hounding them fer money instead of votes. His insistance on writing form letters to congress and treating them like they haven't a brain in their head enough to write their own letter and mean it, and the like. Do ya think he could be a stick'n point to our success? Well do ya?
If'n y'all get rid of good ol' Wayne, it is my bet that you will gain a hell of a lot more members than ya lose and you will increase the effectiveness of the second amendment message. Why don't y'all try it? A million or so former members are wait'n fer a sign of life down at NRA headquarters instead of a bunch of political smoozing, back slapping, and glad handing. Think about it...

Flower Child

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Just asking.

I very highly doubt it, but I don't want to lose what we have now because I'm pissed off about it.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Don't mistake support of the NRA as a whole for blind support of Wayne LaPierre. Chipping away at the elitists on the BOD is about the only way to make a difference as a voting member. Choosing to not participate seems pretty ineffective, but have at it.

If the guys you mention had stuck around, who knows what the situation would be today. The amazing popularity of ARs, etc. The pounding a prick like Zumbo took. The fallout from Joaquin Jackson's idiotic TV interview. These have opened some eyes at the NRA.

Many of your absolutely legitimate beefs are pretty old. That million former members you mention surely could make a hellva difference and do some serious shaping of policy. Maybe even get rid of Wayne. I doubt we'll ever know, as sometimes just being mad gets to be enough for some.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just asking.

Why are you blaming the tool for the actions of the user?

What's available at your common home improvement store is far more deadly than a machinegun.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Just asking.

That's correct.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mtmisfit

Just asking.

Why are you blaming the tool for the actions of the user?

What's available at your common home improvement store is far more deadly than a machinegun.

I assume from the tenor of your response that you believe there should be no restiction on the possession of machineguns.

Not at all am I blaming the machine for the use the operator puts it to. I am not sure about the store anology is correct. what at your local home improvement store can kill at 1,000 yards, or 100 yards?

Now, next question; should you or I be allowed to mount a .50BMG in a turret atop my suburban home fully armed with 10,000 rounds?

Just asking. This is not a trick question A simple yes or no will suffice.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Back to Harry Reid who I very much dislike. I have been told that although he is a left wing freak his voting record has supported gun owners and gun rights. This seems strange to me because of how we stands on everything else. I still hope he is voted out of office!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes

And another question. Why the hell not?

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
Yes

OK, but I hesitate to think that many, if any, would agree with you.

On to the next question: Should I be allowed to have a fully armed M70 Tank in my driveway aimed at your house across the street?

Just asking.

www.paracay.com

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I agree with him.

Why do people such as yourself, who evidently think that the general public cannot be trusted with full auto firearms, always move up the scale in lethality to tanks, artillery, and nukes to try and build the straw man and then tear it down? Why don't you be honest and admit that you don't trust your fellow citizens, and that you agree with the left that we should all be restricted as to how we exercise our rights. It sure would make for more honest debate.

What is an M70 tank anyway? There has never been such an AFV in US inventory outside the experimental stage. Even if there were, I would have no problem with someone having one, as many US citizens now own WW II vintage AFV's with none having been used in a crime.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
Yes

OK, but I hesitate to think that many, if any, would agree with you.

On to the next question: Should I be allowed to have a fully armed M70 Tank in my driveway aimed at your house across the street?

Just asking.

The bottom-line here is that legal full auto weapons in the hands of the citizenry without onerous taxes or fees for their very possession, is a good thing. The antis were hysterical in their opposition when Florida passed the first comprehensive CCW law but the stats have proven them wrong over and over again. Now we are actually seeing a push to fully recognize the 2nd and remove unconstitutional restrictions such as permits and fees for simply carrying a gun concealed or not. Hopefully by the time my kids are grown, the country will not only continue to exist but will be experiencing these types of freedom. While I'm on my wish list, hopefully those that don't want it to will move off to China, North Korea or some other commie paradise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Back to Harry Reid who I very much dislike. I have been told that although he is a left wing freak his voting record has supported gun owners and gun rights. This seems strange to me because of how we stands on everything else. I still hope he is voted out of office!!!!!!!!!

I have seen things indicating he gets a good grade, but a good voting record to go along with it may or may not be the case. GOA lists what they base their ratings on, but from everything I have seen NRA does not. Last year during the Holder approving vote someone at NRA let it out that the Holder vote wouldn't be figured in to the candidate ratings so (if true) that goes a long way towards explaining how an NRA "A" can be a consistent anti-gun voter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not at all am I blaming the machine for the use the operator puts it to. I am not sure about the store anology is correct. what at your local home improvement store can kill at 1,000 yards, or 100 yards?

1000 yards would be well within the maximum range of just about any non-shot cartridge I can think of. You are playing your anti-gun hand a bit early aren't you. A lying tongue can kill from thousands of miles away, perhaps those would be better to outlaw.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you were even in the military you would know. The many members of the Fire that have served know what machine guns are capable of. Take just one kook(they are out there gentlemen) have them set up a machine gun in the park near the Washington Monument & the field of fire would be the White House, Commerce Building, Treasury Building, Executive Office Building, & the Ellipse. In less than five minutes three or four hundred people could be killed & wounded leaving work & visiting the area. The only building that offers a field of return fire is the roof of the FBI Building(J.F. Hoover). Under the best of circumstances it would take SWAT about five-eight minutes to respond. Don't think that this scenario hasn't been considered & is of concern to law enforcement. How about the kook that used a SKS to shoot people at the CIA entrance years ago. What if he had a fully auto rifle? What about the shooting at the Pentagon several weeks ago. I had just left from this entrance & was on the subway platform prior to the incident. This is just an example of many that could create the biggest killing field in U.S. history. The difference between semi-auto & a machine gun is rate of fire. As devastating as a semi auto may be its nothing to compare to a machine gun. Imagine if the kids at Columbine HS or the Texas Clock Tower had machine guns. I was simply implying with my mention of grenades how ridiculous this entire topic is. Incidental, grenades are pretty cool until you see body parts scattered over about half an acre. I am involved with the fight for hunters & shooters rights & will support the NRA,SCI, & other outdoor groups in every way possible. For the record other than machine guns & filling out a simple form(which does help prevent "some" illegal purchases) I don't believe in any other gun restrictions. Just one tragedy with a machine gun involved hundreds killed would result in more gun legislation than any of us ever dreamed possible. Those that believe otherwise are welcome to their opinions.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tbear
If you were even in the military you would know. The many members of the Fire that have served know what machine guns are capable of. Take just one kook(they are out there gentlemen) have them set up a machine gun in the park near the Washington Monument & the field of fire would be the White House, Commerce Building, Treasury Building, Executive Office Building, & the Ellipse. In less than five minutes three or four hundred people could be killed & wounded leaving work & visiting the area. The only building that offers a field of return fire is the roof of the FBI Building(J.F. Hoover). Under the best of circumstances it would take SWAT about five-eight minutes to respond. Don't think that this scenario hasn't been considered & is of concern to law enforcement. How about the kook that used a SKS to shoot people at the CIA entrance years ago. What if he had a fully auto rifle? What about the shooting at the Pentagon several weeks ago. I had just left from this entrance & was on the subway platform prior to the incident. This is just an example of many that could create the biggest killing field in U.S. history. The difference between semi-auto & a machine gun is rate of fire. As devastating as a semi auto may be its nothing to compare to a machine gun. Imagine if the kids at Columbine HS or the Texas Clock Tower had machine guns. I was simply implying with my mention of grenades how ridiculous this entire topic is. Incidental, grenades are pretty cool until you see body parts scattered over about half an acre. I am involved with the fight for hunters & shooters rights & will support the NRA,SCI, & other outdoor groups in every way possible. For the record other than machine guns & filling out a simple form(which does help prevent "some" illegal purchases) I don't believe in any other gun restrictions. Just one tragedy with a machine gun involved hundreds killed would result in more gun legislation than any of us ever dreamed possible. Those that believe otherwise are welcome to their opinions.

What you say is BS. I've fired M-16's in the Reserves and on full auto you would be less likely to cause mass casualties than on semi unless you had a fully packed crowd. 300-400 people in five minutes is ridiculous. Have you ever carried one in combat? Any mass casualties in Israel have been caused by terrorism and not the regular citizenry. Your implication is that we should give up our rights and responsibilities due to terrorism or the possibility thereof. A few folks walking around the capitol with M-16's or AR's would make quick work of a terrorist, not to mention just those with CCW's taking him or them out. In a free country you can't control every detail. My gosh you sound like Hilary or Obama himself. I seriously am not trying to give offense here, but think about what you're saying. The citizenry being armed is a good thing.

The response of the media and the government to any sort of incident is a separate but related issue. You never hear of hand-wringing and angst about law-abiding citizens carrying guns in Israel when there is an incident. One must wonder why this is? Could it be they know their enemy and know that it is not their own citizens?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ditto.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Some of my buds should have one of those micro-chips planted in their asses!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Some of my buds should have one of those micro-chips planted in their asses!!

Between their eyes may be more appropriate. wink

Most of the attraction of a machine gun of what ever type is in the novelty of the damn thing. I have fired MG34s and 42 all the browning family, M60 and the RPs. The care and feeding of those things is horrendous no matter how much fun they are. We won't talk about sub guns.

When the novelty wore off in most cases folks who had them would want to get rid of them because besides just burning rounds there ain't much you can actually do with them.

As to the other deal if somebody ain't demonstrably crazy why should I care what he possesses. I am not all that happy with the doctrine of prior restraint imposed on normal people.

Speak of mass destruction. A stolen LPG truck can be made into a rolling bomb quickly, easily and cheaply. You see LPG trucks rolling down the highway every day. Somebody MIGHT rig one so we better outlaw them, right?

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,319
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.