Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In deference to the grieving and fatigue so close to the "Ground zero" of this loss to S.E. Cochise County, I think it's time to put up a different thread. Mudhen, thanks for spearheading the initial thread, and please know that our thoughts and prayers are with alla' you.

So, it begins, and there'll be no keeping a "Lid" on this one.
Mud's absolutely correct, a "Media Circus" it will be.

I'd encourage you all to focus on those reports spooled up close to the epicenter,.....In Arizona, by Az. folks. I can see the "National" media outlets spinning this already.

This is not "all about anger", at this time........there's a tremendous sense of sadness, a reflection of so many of us knowing that something like this was coming.

GTC

To kick things off:

Link: http://ow.ly/1sY6Q

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"....seems to have struck a nerve" indeed.

Fifteen years residing on this Border now, and I can safely say that I've NEVER seen this level of concern.

GTC

Will the murder of Arizona rancher be the tipping point?
March 30, 9:49 PMImmigration Reform ExaminerDave Gibson

Murdered Arizona rancher Rob Krentz
Fox News

Last weekend�s murder of rancher Rob Krentz by an illegal alien is receiving widespread media coverage, and prompting calls for troops to be stationed along the Mexican border, even from �open-borders� politicians.

While thousands of American citizens are killed every year in this country by illegal aliens, either during the commission of another crime, or drunk driving accidents, all equally outrageous--this one seems to have truly struck a nerve.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has asked President Obama to send troops to the border, saying Krentz�s murder was a �horrible and unnecessary tragedy.�

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), who has long been a proponent of amnesty released a statement on Sunday saying that �all options should be on the table,� including placing the National Guard on the border.

Even Sen. John McCAin (R-AZ), co-author of so-called �Comprehensive Immigration Reform,� and annual keynote speaker at the La Raza conference, wrote a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, imploring her to defend our border with Mexico, by sending troops to the border �immediately.�

McCain wrote: �The federal government must do all it can within its power to curb this violence and protect its citizens from criminals coming across the border from Mexico. We must make the security of our borders one of our top national security priorities.�

Perhaps, if politicians such as Jon McCain had been working for the American people, instead of illegal aliens and those who exploit their willingness to work for slave wages, we would not now be mourning the loss of yet another fellow American at the hands of an illegal alien.

For many years, the Republicans wanted to keep the border open to fill the country with cheap labor, which benefits business owners by undercutting wages for everyone. The Democrats have sought to keep the border unprotected to bring in millions of potential new voters, which is why that party pays so much lip service to the plight of illegal aliens.

Whether they seek workers willing to work for sub-standard wages, or voters who will keep them in power�It is the American people who have been sold-out by both parties.

For years now, every time I hear that a family has been attacked, or a child has been killed by an illegal alien, I think this must be the tipping point. There are certain dates in this ongoing tragedy which stand out more than others.

Such as on June 22, 2008, when three members of the Bologna family were gunned down by Salvadoran national and MS-13 gang member Edwin Ramos. Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16 were shot to death by Ramos with an AK-47 as they sat in their car on a crowded street, in the city�s Excelsior District.

Or on September 10, 2008, the day the parents of 3-year-old Marten Kudlis buried their son at Fairmount Cemetery, while waiting for his ice cream in a Denver Baskin and Robbins.

Guatemalan national Francis Hernandez slammed into a pickup truck, which was then pushed into the ice cream shop�s window. The toddler was sitting at a table in front of that window, and was sent flying as the truck came crashing through it.

However, as tragic as those aforementioned events were, they did not force our elected officials to follow the rule of law, and stand up for Americans.

This nation sits on the brink of an economic meltdown, while our cities are becoming hunting grounds for predatory criminals. We have enough problems in this country without importing them from foreign lands.

Because we live with it everyday, most Americans understand and fear this growing threat. However, our elected representatives continue to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the mounting death toll.

A weary nation must ask the question�How many Americans have to die before the border is secured?

Link: x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~y2010m3d30-Another-Hollywood-loon-sympathizes-with-Osama-bin-Laden

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/10.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It's really too late for the old liberal positions on immigration to be relevant. This incident, tragic as it is, could give cover to politicians willing to change their positions...if they have the cajones. Not likely, I suppose.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure hoping that these videos will see a somewhat wider distribution, in days to come.
This particular facet of our current Border situation, and a HEROIC response to it by local "Concerned Citizens" has been downplayed. Wait,.....downplayed is not a serious enough moniker,....let's just say that there's been a LOT of effort made to QUASH this material,....and frighten off those with guts enough to produce and distribute it.

GTC

Link: http://www.americanpatrol.com/ABP/PHOTO-OF-THE-DAY/2010/ARCHIVE/100331.html

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is a bit more than "Peripherally related",it took place on the day of Mr. Krentz's passing over.

Brown Berets, illegals march in L.A. demanding amnesty ?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvc0QmTtQo

GTC

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know my thoughts, fug 'em throw 'em on a bus and get them the hell out!, Send them by force if need be, or just make a big fuggin hole in the ground!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If this doesn't wake people up to the ongoing nightmare so many live with, nothing will. George W was successful in demonizing those who want real border control. We'll see if this latest tragedy can be quashed by hussein and company. We need to keep up the pressure, as amnesty is a very high priority for the current crew, same as the last.

I imagine FOX News got a ton of e-mails on this, but keep hammering them. CNN, MSNBC, etc., will be a waste of time, but I sent FOX, Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly e-mail links and a plea to get this story out & they have. I'm sure many, many more have done the same. Keep pounding them.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hell, they're going to be HERE,....pounding us.

It's quite a show when that big FOX caravan rolls into Dodge, we've watched it before (Hannity on the Border).

I wish they'd get lined out with NV, and get some footage of the illegals STREAMING offa' Fort Huachuca all night long, and most every dawn..

Link: http://borderinvasionpics.com/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They now have a reward for info on this shooter, maybe the wet will turn himself in for the reward. The Dem's don't care they just see it as more voters for their party come election time.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I'll tell you a sure fire way to get troops on the border.........

Private Citizens start hunting illegals, and killing them.

I guarantee that within hours, you would have a combat brigade with boots on the ground along the border.

Sadly, they would be tasked with killing American Patriots though, and not stopping the illegals.

Sam......

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Yep. Fuggin' tragic.

I can just see a big pro-illegal rally having some sort of False Flag attack with blame cast on the Tea Party to further demonize anyone who wants a controlled border.

Last edited by oulufinn; 03/31/10. Reason: added stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ain't gonna' happen.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Immigration was once a proud point for America, however illegal immigration has become a National plague on this country.

I curse those in Washington who allowed this to happen, and allow it to go on.

It will take thousands in their RVs along the border, armed in battle positions before this government will do a thing other than offer a short fix and lip service, soon to be forgotten.

Our government has always been more concerned at how the Mexican government will percieve their actions, more so the American people.

I think it is time a candidate for office runs on repealing Obama policy, but also making the border air tight..for once take a chance and forget the Mexican vote, and do what is right before it is too late.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting tidbit here,......God bless these agents for speaking their minds.

This para. REALLY resonates:
"The agents said that this is the same Mexican government that sends millions of Mexican citizens here illegally to steal jobs and send billions of dollars back to Mexico. This is the same Mexican government whose soldiers smuggle drugs and shoot at Border Patrol agents. This is the same Mexican government that is corrupt to the core. This is the same Mexican government that uses its consular officers to sue the United States government."

GTC

Sen. McCain a Sellout, Say Border Patrol Agents
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Senator John McCain, the so-called GOP maverick, is fighting for his political life in Arizona against former congressman and talk show host J.D. Hayworth. While most pundits believe his race may be close but he�ll pull out a win, some believe it�s time for McCain to retire.

In 2006, I wrote a column regarding U.S. Border Patrol agents from Arizona�s Local 2544 blasting McCain for his words and actions regarding border security, illegal aliens and amnesty. Here is that column which originally appeared in News with Views:

United States Border Patrol agents are not happy with Senator John McCain (R-AZ) since he voted for the Amnesty Bill (S. 2611). And they�re not being quiet about their collective anger over the senator�s actions and remarks.

According to members of the agents� union local 2544, Senator McCain has never been a friend to rank-and-file Border Patrol agents. Local 2544 represents US Border Patrol agents in Arizona, McCain�s home state.

�He routinely ignores correspondence from Border Patrol agents and often gives the impression that he is just too big and too important to deal with us,� they said.

�He attempts to undermine our mission at every turn and actively supports the criminals who violate our laws. He always trys to downplay the fact that illegal aliens knowingly and willingly violate our laws, and he is a close ally on immigration matters with Senator Ted Kennedy, who we believe is the biggest disgrace of all time in the United States Senate.�

These law enforcement agents point to Senator McCain�s �imperious attitude� towards rank-and-file Border Patrol agents and his complete disdain for their mission has been evident for many years.

�We will not bother listing his website [for citizens to write to him] because it�s obvious he couldn�t care less what the average American thinks and he isn�t up for re-election until 2010.�

And these agents aren�t just singling out McCain for their ire. Senator Arlen Specter, who chairs the Judiciary Committee, is also in their sights. They point to how Senator Specter, at the last minute, put a clause in the Senate�s shameful immigration bill that forces the United States government to �consult� with Mexico prior to planning or building any fences or barriers on our border.

�Not on Mexico�s [side of the] border, but yes, on United States soil. We can�t wait to see this fencing project after the �consultations� take place. Maybe they can even appoint �Congressman� Raul Grijalva to lead the �consultations� for the United States of America.�

The agents said that this is the same Mexican government that sends millions of Mexican citizens here illegally to steal jobs and send billions of dollars back to Mexico. This is the same Mexican government whose soldiers smuggle drugs and shoot at Border Patrol agents. This is the same Mexican government that is corrupt to the core. This is the same Mexican government that uses its consular officers to sue the United States government.

�Great move Specter. Talk about the �FOX� guarding the henhouse.�

�It sells out our sovereignty by forcing the American government to �consult with the Mexican government� before planning or building any border fences, it encourages more widespread fraud than this country has ever seen (you�ll see what we�re talking about if this actually passes the House), and it is completely unenforceable and will overwhelm the system,� the agents said in a statement submitted to the US Senate.

Jim Kouri, CPP is currently fifth vice-president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police and he�s a columnist for The Examiner (examiner.com) and New Media Alliance (thenma.org). In addition, he�s a blogger for the Cheyenne, Wyoming Fox News Radio affiliate KGAB (www.kgab.com). Kouri also serves as political advisor for Emmy and Golden Globe winning actor Michael Moriarty.

He�s former chief at a New York City housing project in Washington Heights nicknamed �Crack City� by reporters covering the drug war in the 1980s. In addition, he served as director of public safety at a New Jersey university and director of security for several major organizations. He�s also served on the National Drug Task Force and trained police and security officers throughout the country. Kouri writes for many police and security magazines including Chief of Police, Police Times, The Narc Officer and others. He�s a news writer and columnist for AmericanDaily.Com, MensNewsDaily.Com, MichNews.Com, and he�s syndicated by AXcessNews.Com. Kouri appears regularly as on-air commentator for over 100 TV and radio news and talk shows including Fox News Channel, Oprah, McLaughlin Report, CNN Headline News, MTV, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
WTF is up with THIS?

Grandstanding here , John.....?

McCain will visit Sierra Vista today

Wed, 03/31/2010 - 01:06

Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain will be holding a town hall meeting at 4 p.m. today at VFW Post 9972. The post is located at 549 Veterans Drive. Earlier today, McCain, Arizona�s senior senator, is to be on Fort Huachuca, but that event is not open to the public nor the press, post officials said. The senator will also meet with Sierra Vista Mayor Bob Strain during a private office call in the afternoon.

Link: http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/03/31/mccain-will-visit-sierra-vista-today

Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain will be holding a town hall meeting at 4 p.m. today at VFW Post 9972. The post is located at 549 Veterans Drive. Earlier today, McCain, Arizona�s senior senator, is to be on Fort Huachuca, but that event is not open to the public nor the press, post officials said. The senator will also meet with Sierra Vista Mayor Bob Strain during a private office call in the afternoon.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I've held my nose on McCain for too long... VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Earlier today, McCain, Arizona�s senior senator, is to be on Fort Huachuca,...."

Well I wish he'd spend more time there, he might get a load of THIS,.......a damn near daily event !

Link: http://www.borderinvasionpics.com/0902Feb24a.html

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
WTF is up with THIS?

Grandstanding here , John.....?

Link: http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/03/31/mccain-will-visit-sierra-vista-today

He's playing the only card he has left. One of his ONLY redeeming qualities is that he is a veteran. The damage his type has done to the country and the GOP can not be covered up by his prior service and great sacrifice, as honorable as it was.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Immigration was once a proud point for America, however illegal immigration has become a National plague on this country.

I curse those in Washington who allowed this to happen, and allow it to go on.

It will take thousands in their RVs along the border, armed in battle positions before this government will do a thing other than offer a short fix and lip service, soon to be forgotten.

Our government has always been more concerned at how the Mexican government will percieve their actions, more so the American people.

I think it is time a candidate for office runs on repealing Obama policy, but also making the border air tight..for once take a chance and forget the Mexican vote, and do what is right before it is too late.

strong words Barkoff, for a liberal Californian. shocked

Sam......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fox news reports

For many years, the Republicans wanted to keep the border open to fill the country with cheap labor, which benefits business owners by undercutting wages for everyone. The Democrats have sought to keep the border unprotected to bring in millions of potential new voters, which is why that party pays so much lip service to the plight of illegal aliens.

Well da!
When are you loyal party nuts gonna demand some real change instead of being a loyal soldier and come around to the fact they're both screwing you.

I'm really surprised at the dumping on of John. McPlain.

Wonder if the national hq of the repungents is gonna start distancing themselves from this puke.

And SteveNO was so proud to shake his hand during the 08' election. Wonder if he ever got the skanky schlitz smell off his hand yet!

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.