Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RDFinn,

Nice brown! And your garb looks functional too. Just right on a hot summer day in the stream.

eclectic,

Doesn't it look stupid to see someone using a spinning reel on a baitcasting rod? How about a spinning reel on a fly rod, or any other reel except a fly reel for that matter? How about a spinning reel used upside-down? Wouldn't you consider these "fashion mistakes?" How about a 1x20 scope on a 30-378 Weatherby magnum rifle, or a 36x50 target scope on a Kimber 84M Classic 308 hunting rifle?

I bet you have more "fashion sense" than you know, or are willing to admit.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "locals" never see me coming...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sir_springer

You actually saw hunters dressed like that on the outside of a Chev pickup truck or an air-conditioned bi-level "blind" with a bar and a Barry Manilow CD playing the background???

I think you may have meant to say Carly Simon CD; she was the one with "their song"....

"I bet you think this song is about you, you're so..........."

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
CRF = fashion that need a good gunsmith to make it function.
PF = function that is not in fashion.

JW
Cute though not accurate. I've had Mausers, Winchesters, Kimbers, and Montana Rifle Co., CFR's. Not a one had feeding/fucntion issues.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
My best hunting buddy killed a huge (by Georgia standards) buck last season with an old blue/wood rifle while wearing camo clothes that didn't match. I know he must have done something illegal. A buck that size would never have fallen for mismatched camo and such an old, plain gun under normal circumstances. I didn't get a buck that size last year, and all my camo matched, right down to my face mask. I looked like I was wearing camo pajamas, and was armed with the latest stainless/synthetic rifle. Still, no trophy. The deer around here obviously have no sense of fashion and no sense of class to pass up being shot with such beautiful modern equipment and clothing in favor of a 50-year-old rifle and non-matching camo.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are many who would like to make fashion a part of function.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
CRF = fashion that need a good gunsmith to make it function.
PF = function that is not in fashion.

JW
Cute though not accurate. I've had Mausers, Winchesters, Kimbers, and Montana Rifle Co., CFR's. Not a one had feeding/fucntion issues.

We all have experiences and they will often differ.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
It's all up to each persons preference, but in the end of the day function is always more important than fashion for success. I prefer function, if you can get a little fashion along with the function then that's great!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This thread reminds me of my grandfather...He always used to tell me when we saw hunters all decked out in camoflague, "it was a wonder that old timers such as him killed anything."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Function and fashion........................... grin

Dead sexy...
[Linked Image]

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Now those are some classy hunting duds.
BTW, in the trout pic, you are over dressed by my standards. No waders for summer trout fishing. It's ratty, old tennis shoes and a vest. The hat is OK. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would too, but my nuts get cold without waders.........waters cold in the Chateauguay River

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just paint the gloss scope with flat black paint.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (29aholic, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 38 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,595
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.